SITR: Cowboy Prout Interview

SITR: Cowboy Prout Interview

Host:     Thanks for tuning into VHL Network, Stick In The Rink! Coming to you live in New York City, New York. With Season 75 officially coming to an end and the offseason and draft just around the corner, we got a chance to get in touch with two up and coming rookie prospects of the VHL New York Americans. For the first part of our show, we have elite defensive prospect, Cowboy Prout @Proutcoming in shortly. Prout played for the VHLM San Diego Marlins, and interestingly will be graduating from the Marlins in more than one way. Prout will leave the Marlin's VHLM ice and head to the front office as their new AGM and also onto  the larger surface of the VHL with the New York Americans starting S76. Now please welcome Prout! (camera focuses on the audience showing a standing ovation, round of applause, and cheering, and Prout walks in)

Welcome Prout! Thanks for coming in today!

Prout: Thank you! Glad to be here today!

Host: First of all, congratulations on a successful VHLM season! You finished second in the scoring race for a defenseman with 91 points in 72 games! What are your thoughts to your first full season in San Diego?

Prout:  Thank you for the interview and that comment! But yeah it was a really good experience there. I appreciate my time and the people from the Marlins organization. Ir (San Diego Marlin's AGM) who recently stepped down has really been a big part in my career and how I’ve learned. It was just a fun team and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Host:  What were your thoughts toward being picked 1st overall by San Diego and getting to play in the VHLM before being drafted?

Prout: I was pretty vocal about this and it still shocked me being honest. I was caught off guard watching the stream and it was just cool to feel some love and support by the community. Definitely wasn’t deserved or expected. Being back there meant a lot to me and my career, I really wanted to win a championship before my jump and I’m still disappointed in myself and play for it.

Host: That's fair, you don't often see a team take back a player they released with their First Overall draft selection. They must have really loved your play! What were your goals prior to S75? Did you achieve your goals? What are your plans for the future? How are you preparing for your move up to the major league, VHL?

Prout: My goals as of now haven’t changed and that’s to be a solid defenseman that’s going to be used in all situations. I’d like to take on a leadership role eventually but for myself it’s balanced more in how I perform and stay consistent and not play like hot garbage. I’ll need to get better if I want to help make a positive difference here.

Host: Over the course of the season, you've interacted with quite a few members and players in the locker room and on the ice. Who are some of your favourite people on the team or around the league?

Prout: Honestly I’ve enjoyed everyone I’ve gotten a opportunity to speak with. I of course know Red Lite @Tate from Marlins and he’s just genuinely a good person and I respect what @dlamb and @Esso2264 have done with the New York Americans. Of course Rhynex Entertainment @Rhynex Entertainmentand RJ Thatcher @jhatty8have been good to be around. Also, Thadius Sales @thadthrasher as well! Can’t miss him, he’s great and positive for the team and I’m looking forward to being on the same team with him, despite Thad GMing the Americans (Team USA) and me being on Team Canada (at the World Juniors)! I think our locker room  has improved this season and I’m definitely looking forward to be playing on the New York Americans in S76. (Cheers could be heard from the background audience)

Host: Awesome! It's good to see that you're already getting around the New York locker room the moment you got here! What are your goals and expectations for S76? What are you most excited about for the next season?

Prout: My goals are to be still decent stat wise, but I want to not be a defensive liability and become the leader on the blueline. I feel excited to just grow and get better overall. I’m really looking forward to my first real season in the VHL as I’m hoping to have a good solid career.

Host: That's good! It's good to keep things simple and grow the right way. Who has been your greatest influence so far in your career as a hockey player? What kind of player do you want to become in your prime?

Prout: I’d have to say my greatest influence would be from watching the NHL stars like Shea Weber. I think what he did in his prime and for the teams he’s been on that he’s been a respected guy based on his play. He’s a leader and always has been a team guy. One more guy I’d say is Shane Doan.  I’m hoping for a mix between Shea Weber and Wendall Clark. A leader but also a person who can play every night and put their all to try and be the best they can. 

Host: Alright! Unfortunately, looks like we are almost out of time. Is there any parting words you want to give to the audience and the fans out there?

Prout: Thank you for anyone that actually sees this and took their time to do so and keep an eye out for Cowboy Prout and the New York American club! I think we all have something special here and get on that RED LITE hype train! (the crowd cheers and applauses as a standing ovation begins)

Host: (talking over the loud background cheering) It's been a pleasure to have you join us today, Prout! We hope to have you come on again in the future! Best of luck to you for your upcoming rookie VHL season and AGM role in the VHLM. (Prout walks through the curtains to backstage)

Now, we will be back after these messages!

(continual cheers and applause could be heard from the background audience as the TV screen switches to commercials)

{Commercial Break}

[Word Count: 1058]

[Claim for weeks ending Jan 10 and Jan 17]

Nice little interview content here except I feel @Proutgave some scripted answers here since he's nowhere near this formal and clean mouthed.

Formatting is good, not too many mistakes here and the usage of tags is good for the article. Good usage of bolding for a better look as well.

Not much in terms of coloration or "entertainment/pics" which would've decorated the MS a bit to help the read.

8/10

39 minutes ago, tfong said:

Nice little interview content here except I feel @Proutgave some scripted answers here since he's nowhere near this formal and clean mouthed.

Formatting is good, not too many mistakes here and the usage of tags is good for the article. Good usage of bolding for a better look as well.

Not much in terms of coloration or "entertainment/pics" which would've decorated the MS a bit to help the read.

8/10

Ooohh a Head Mod review 🤩

I'm not sure if Prout had an interview script to work off with 😂 but I did definite fix some of his responses up. 

I don't believe I've ever used any imaging, gifs, etc for any of my SITR interviews. Maybe in the future, but my main focus would be on the interviews themselves rather than beauty display ;) 

4 hours ago, Rhynex Entertainment said:

Thad GMing the Americans (Team USA)

4 hours ago, Rhynex Entertainment said:

I’m definitely looking forward to be playing on the New York Americans in S76. (Cheers could be heard from the background audience)

At these two points the cheering was incredible! The Americans in the crowd cheered at the sounding of "the Americans!"

I think if you added in a few more camera instructions such as pans, zooms, focuses and the like you would really help the imagination of your reader. Such as...

[Wide shot, both in frame] Host:  What were your thoughts toward being picked 1st overall by San Diego and getting to play in the VHLM before being drafted?

[switch to camera 1, close up on Prout] Prout: I was pretty vocal about this and it still shocked me being honest...