Reviewing Seattle's First Round Picks

diacope 2

8th Overall | Hex Rose | Last Season: Las Vegas Aces

Hex Universe is one of the most prominent first-gens from the S76 draft rivaled only by Juice. Hemade a big splash in the league early on with his enthusiasm. His articles were enough for him to get noticed by VSN pretty early on, and he was able to get a job writing for them early in his stint in the VHLM. He certainly impressed me with his activity in discord and his passion for the league. Coming in at 257 TPE as of the draft, it looks like Rose will be joining the Seattle Bears for their S76 campaign where they hope to return to relevance in the North American Conference. It is unknown whether Hex Rose will play as a center or a winger this upcoming season as Seattle currently has 3 centers on the roster and uneven lines, with 7 forwards. We will have to see what GM Blake Campbell has in store.

9th Overall | Phoenix Dawson | Last Season: Miami Marauders

A member that joined way back when this forum started in the fall of 2013, Toast has been in this league for at least 7 years now, and likely more. Toast has surely been around the block a time or two in sim leagues. However, in the portal era of the VHL he hasn’t seen the same success as he has in the past. He made a player named Burnt Toast (S63) that burned out and only gathered 76 TPE. His most recent attempt Larry Butz (S72) only managed to get 67 TPE. Sometimes old habits die hard, but Toast has already managed to outearn his previous two players by far. He had 244 TPE at the draft and currently has 250 TPE. It appears that he may stay down in the minors for an extra season of conditioning. Next season our offense will be a thing of beauty if Dawson is able to remain active.

12th Overall | Phil The Rock Johnson | Last Season: San Diego Marlins

Another member that joined way back in the early days of this new forum, Phil is likely a member that has been here for over 7 years as well. I don’t think I’ve ever talked to Phil personally, but from what I’ve heard he is known for having some pretty solid players. His last player Phil Marleau was also taken in the first round, third overall in S67 and that was a pretty solid draft year, producing many potential hall of fame candidates. Here in Seattle we are hoping that Phil can manage another successful career and help us reach the playoffs, after losing in the wildcard to Chicago in S75. Although he was drafted the latest in the draft of the three Seattle first rounders, Johnson actually had the highest TPE with 275. Another thing to add is that he was the only Seattle first rounder to receive a LICK in the seasonal Bust or Lick article made by gorlab.

Seattle easily had one of the strongest drafts out of most of the teams. @Banackockdid a phenomenal job grabbing the best players available at each pick. I truly believe @Hex Universeis the other best first-gen in the draft and will be someone that I will follow closely since we are neck and neck in TPE for so long now, and I think he's a completely solid player and person! @Toastis my pick to be the biggest steal in the draft. He personally ticks all my boxes, and my intuition and vibes tell me that he's going to be one of the best players to come out of this draft. If he keeps up his activity, he's going to make Seattle a very, very happy team. Finally with @Phil, I know over the podcast I said I wasn't a huge fan of his player build, but to select a high TPE, highly active, and imo legendary person like Phil this late into the first round is an absolute no brainer pick and he will slot in perfectly with the other two forwards drafted by Seattle this draft. Review: 10/10 Draft for Seattle.

Absolutely killer job @Banackock!