Hex Rose - Rookie Experience

Hex Universe

...And with the 8th overall selection in the S76 VHL Draft, the Seattle Bears select... Hex Rose!

How did I get here?

After only a season in the VHLM as a waiver signee of the Las Vegas Aces, I'm about to take the ice for my first VHL season. I won't lie that I really didn't expect to be here already. I was fully prepared to stay down in the VHLM and to find out where I would be playing this past Sunday. Then last week I made the final decision to go up, as I wanted to truly fully advance my playing career. To say I'm happy with the decision and where I've ended up is an understatement. I've had a lot of great conversations with @Banackock and I can't wait to play for him for the foreseeable future. I know it will be a long road to climb the ladder of the VHL leaderboards, but that is my goal to achieve and I will do it.

So about my time in the VHLM, I can say it was most enjoyable. Although brief, the time I spent in Las Vegas truly helped turn me into one of the most active newcomers in the league. People like @Spartan and @JigglyGumballs helped teach me a lot of things and helped me with my training as I grew stronger by, what felt like, the minute. The Las Vegas locker room was and is still a blast to be in, they have a wonderful group in there. Although we couldn't reach the finals, making it to the Semi's is still a big deal for me and I'm glad I was able to be of help to get there.

Now, let's talk about those goals, both short and long term. I have goals both on and off the ice that I hope to achieve in my career. First, is to be a top Center for my team, simple enough. I'm a big believer that each face-off win is a potential massive momentum swing for your team, so I want to be the best at the dot. If I win a Cup or two and win a few awards, that would be pretty sweet as well. Also one more thing, I want to get into the managerial world of the VHL. I want to learn and grow as more than just a player, but also a leader of a team.

Maybe one day I can get a chance to do just th-

*phone rings*

Hello?

Yes I would, Thank you!

Alright...

See you in Houston.

Edited by Hex Universe