A small suggestion regarding the layout of the site

RomanesEuntDomus

Hello VHL, I have a small suggestion regarding the general layout and the way we navigate the site. Simply said, it would be nice to be able to directly access the portal while on the forums, without having to go through the "VHL Portal" link at the topic. Would it be possible to have the same header that is present while on the portal (Home, Standings, Stats etc...) to also be visible while navigating the forums? I always find it a bit clumsy and annoying when you are navigating the boards and you quickly want to look up some stats, a player or the standings, it just feels like it needs an extra click or two that aren't necessary.

So would this be possible to implement this from a technical standpoint, to basically have the Portal header visible atop the forum header (Browser, Create a Player, Update Player...)? Or is there maybe something that I haven't figured out yet in terms of navigating the site? Please let me know what you think about this idea or if there is something that I'm missing :)

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

I just click the "Update Player" tab to take me to the portal, but I agree. The Portal is the big fancy feature of the VHL that no one else has, so we should emphasize it appropriately.

1 hour ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Hello VHL, I have a small suggestion regarding the general layout and the way we navigate the site. Simply said, it would be nice to be able to directly access the portal while on the forums, without having to go through the "VHL Portal" link at the topic. Would it be possible to have the same header that is present while on the portal (Home, Standings, Stats etc...) to also be visible while navigating the forums? I always find it a bit clumsy and annoying when you are navigating the boards and you quickly want to look up some stats, a player or the standings, it just feels like it needs an extra click or two that aren't necessary.

So would this be possible to implement this from a technical standpoint, to basically have the Portal header visible atop the forum header (Browser, Create a Player, Update Player...)? Or is there maybe something that I haven't figured out yet in terms of navigating the site? Please let me know what you think about this idea or if there is something that I'm missing :)

Not a bad idea. I can do it but I'd need to remove some stuff. Quote me on this to remind me to look at it later. 

On the flip side, is there a way to make the forums more visible on the Portal? We have some players that primarily interact strictly using the Portal, so perhaps making it more accessible could help. 

• Commissioner
35 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Not a bad idea. I can do it but I'd need to remove some stuff. Quote me on this to remind me to look at it later. 

I wouldn’t remove anything important. Could always just add more subsections on the portal header.

9 hours ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

image.png