A Juicey Vacation

Juice

Image result for whitehorse yukon

"Well...what to do now?"

Despite being chosen by Toronto in the recent VHL Draft and being told to prep for the upcoming season, because he's coming straight up to the VHL, Kristof Welch was still technically in Whitehorse, Yukon after finishing his first and only VHLM season. After the adrenaline of entering into the playoffs, the disappointment of being swept, and the anxiety of the draft, the off-season was quite a journey and Welch was in need of a well needed rest before packing up his things to get to Toronto.

However, while many of the other VHL'ers are chilling on nice sunny beaches in places like Miami or Hawaii, Welch will have to be creative in what some could say is... not someone's first choice for a vacation destination.

Thus, please welcome to my guide of what to do in Whitehorse, Yukon if you ever end up going there for a vacation (or as we call it, why the hell did you choose here to come for vacation)!

First Activity: Camping and Fishing at Fox Lake!

Image result for fox lake whitehorse

Now while the Yukon Territory might be known for it's blistering cold, during the summer it can actually get quite the opposite! While sitting at around an average of +20 Celsius, it's really the humidity that will get you as you're quite literally surrounded by mountains all around you. So one of the best things to do in this case is to get a lovely case of *insert your favourite beer here* to put into an ice cold cooler, grab yourself a tent and fishing gear, and head to my favourite camping ground at Fox Lake! Just outside of the city center with about a 45 minute to about an hour car drive, if you're staying anywhere near the main city this beautiful lake is super close and if planned properly, you can get there before anyone else early in the morning! There is plenty of camping spots, so you can even meet the locals (would not recommend) while you catch some fresh lake fishies and crack open a cold one!

Second Activity: Kayaking and Canoeing!

Image result for whitehorse yukon kayaking

Rather be on the water rather than just looking at it? Well, another main activity that you can do is grab yourself a kayak or a canoe for either just yourself or with a special someone (please not me)! Nothing is more relaxing and romantic than setting out on the fresh water with the wind blowing against you to keep you cool in the summer heat! You can even take it a step further and bring yourself a fishing pole and fish out on the open water for an even better chance for catching a fish! If you're ever afraid of it being too crowded with people, have no fear as there are plentiful lakes and bodies of water to head out onto so you can have your own solo-adventure!

Third Activity: Hiking the Chilkoot Trail!

Image result for whitehorse yukon chilkoot trail hike

Want to become apart of history and hike the trail the gold miners took back in the Gold Rush days? Then the famous Chilkoot Trail is without a doubt the one thing you must do! However, be prepared for quite the journey as it can take up to 5 days to make the historic hike that branches roughly 53 kilometres, so please make sure to not take this lightly. It is also a common thing to do among the locals as a right of passage for the ones who like the outdoors, so there is no worries of being stranded alone and having to 127 Hours yourself! Pack yourself a couple Egg McMuffins, a few litres of water, and some hiking gear and enjoy the beautiful journey!

Final Activity: Get The Hell Out of There!

image.jpeg.a740f830c0737418abed647ffc92d54e.jpeg

No seriously, why would you ever want to go on a Summer vacation to Whitehorse, Yukon you absolute maniac. Go somewhere normal like Mexico or the Bahamas and get some lovely stories of chilling on the beach rather than being assaulted by a grizzly bear up North!

I hope you enjoyed this guide to both my hometown and the wonderful city of Whitehorse, Yukon (home to the Yukon Rush, #feeltherush), and I would fully recommend to do any of the activities above (preferably the last one) as well as all the other activities (really not much else to do) in the lovely Great White North!

nice work i really enjoied your work, specially the ending even if i liked that place you showed us, because let me be honest, I don't liek that much the beach.

Overall this work gets a solid 8 out of 10, keep it up mate.

17 hours ago, Juice said:

there is no worries of being stranded alone and having to 127 Hours yourself

lmao that movie, good lord. Awesome article Juice, a nice recap of your IRL grassroots AND Welch's old home back on the Rush! Great read!! #FeelTheRush

On 2/10/2021 at 1:31 AM, Juice said:

Image result for whitehorse yukon

"Well...what to do now?"

Despite being chosen by Toronto in the recent VHL Draft and being told to prep for the upcoming season, because he's coming straight up to the VHL, Kristof Welch was still technically in Whitehorse, Yukon after finishing his first and only VHLM season. After the adrenaline of entering into the playoffs, the disappointment of being swept, and the anxiety of the draft, the off-season was quite a journey and Welch was in need of a well needed rest before packing up his things to get to Toronto.

However, while many of the other VHL'ers are chilling on nice sunny beaches in places like Miami or Hawaii, Welch will have to be creative in what some could say is... not someone's first choice for a vacation destination.

Thus, please welcome to my guide of what to do in Whitehorse, Yukon if you ever end up going there for a vacation (or as we call it, why the hell did you choose here to come for vacation)!

First Activity: Camping and Fishing at Fox Lake!

Image result for fox lake whitehorse

Now while the Yukon Territory might be known for it's blistering cold, during the summer it can actually get quite the opposite! While sitting at around an average of +20 Celsius, it's really the humidity that will get you as you're quite literally surrounded by mountains all around you. So one of the best things to do in this case is to get a lovely case of *insert your favourite beer here* to put into an ice cold cooler, grab yourself a tent and fishing gear, and head to my favourite camping ground at Fox Lake! Just outside of the city center with about a 45 minute to about an hour car drive, if you're staying anywhere near the main city this beautiful lake is super close and if planned properly, you can get there before anyone else early in the morning! There is plenty of camping spots, so you can even meet the locals (would not recommend) while you catch some fresh lake fishies and crack open a cold one!

Second Activity: Kayaking and Canoeing!

Image result for whitehorse yukon kayaking

Rather be on the water rather than just looking at it? Well, another main activity that you can do is grab yourself a kayak or a canoe for either just yourself or with a special someone (please not me)! Nothing is more relaxing and romantic than setting out on the fresh water with the wind blowing against you to keep you cool in the summer heat! You can even take it a step further and bring yourself a fishing pole and fish out on the open water for an even better chance for catching a fish! If you're ever afraid of it being too crowded with people, have no fear as there are plentiful lakes and bodies of water to head out onto so you can have your own solo-adventure!

Third Activity: Hiking the Chilkoot Trail!

Image result for whitehorse yukon chilkoot trail hike

Want to become apart of history and hike the trail the gold miners took back in the Gold Rush days? Then the famous Chilkoot Trail is without a doubt the one thing you must do! However, be prepared for quite the journey as it can take up to 5 days to make the historic hike that branches roughly 53 kilometres, so please make sure to not take this lightly. It is also a common thing to do among the locals as a right of passage for the ones who like the outdoors, so there is no worries of being stranded alone and having to 127 Hours yourself! Pack yourself a couple Egg McMuffins, a few litres of water, and some hiking gear and enjoy the beautiful journey!

Final Activity: Get The Hell Out of There!

image.jpeg.a740f830c0737418abed647ffc92d54e.jpeg

No seriously, why would you ever want to go on a Summer vacation to Whitehorse, Yukon you absolute maniac. Go somewhere normal like Mexico or the Bahamas and get some lovely stories of chilling on the beach rather than being assaulted by a grizzly bear up North!

I hope you enjoyed this guide to both my hometown and the wonderful city of Whitehorse, Yukon (home to the Yukon Rush, #feeltherush), and I would fully recommend to do any of the activities above (preferably the last one) as well as all the other activities (really not much else to do) in the lovely Great White North!

You have made me love the theme week even more by writing this unique and humoristic media spot.  Also looks like a real ad to go visit Whitehorse. Plus the pictures added depth to the meia spot which i enjoyed. 10/10