Draft Hype

Red

It's almost that part of the season again and with the end of the playoffs nearing why build a little more hype into the S77 draft. 

Since the draft order hasn't been determined yet I don't feel like doing a mock draft so I will save that for later I guess maybe. Instead I'm going to outline who I think will be the best player from every position in this draft class. 

Center:

Starting off we have probably the most competitive and interesting position in relation to this draft. Out of the top 5 players ranked by TPE in this years draft class three of them are centers making this one of the more difficult positions to choose from. In the end though it's only right to go with the projected number 1 pick Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter. Paul narrowly edges out fellow Houston teammate Asher Reinhart @rjfryman for this title who himself also projects as a superstar center. When looking at Atreides it's hard not to think he is a can't miss prospect. At 315 TPE already and with an impressive 100 point season in the VHLM you can't help but believe that his name will be called very early draft night.

Right Wing:

With only two right wingers in the top 10 in TPE for this draft this selection is a little easier to make. And if you look closer, the pick becomes even more clear. I don't think anybody would disagree that Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath is the best right winger in this draft class as he is a full 66 TPE higher then the next best right winger. Idaho will very likely be selected in the top 2 in this seasons draft because of the fact he's neck and neck with Atreides in terms of TPE and is represented by a very prestigious member.

Left Wing:

On the left side we have perhaps an even easier decision. Brendan Telker @Telkster is by far and away the best Left winger a team can grab in this draft. He is a full 120 TPE above the next best left winger and projects to be a first line impact player. He's come off an extremely impressive 115 point season with the Minnesota storm and is currently tied for first in playoff scoring. Whether Telker's outstanding numbers transition to the VHL we'll just have to wait and see, but I wouldn't be surprised if Telker is selected in the top 5 of this seasons draft.

Defense:

On D we have another tough decision like we did with the centers. Although there isn't a defensemen in the top 5 in TPE for this draft there is a plethora of defensemen available in the 5 to 15 range. Many of them are of very similar caliber making it a tough decision for any team wishing to pick a defensemen in the upcoming draft. For this reason I'm going a little off the board and choosing Jan Hlozek @Bojovnikas the best defensemen to come out of this draft. Yes, first gen bias. But that's not the reason why I choose him over the other established defensemen in this draft class. The real reason is because he has the best profile picture in the league and it's not even close.

Goalie:

Last but not least we have the tendies, which is by far the easiest position to choose from since there is literally only one goalie in the entire draft that's signed to a team. Kuba Fluery 37 @Kuba-Fleury at 116 TPE is the best goalie in this draft by basically default. He plays backup for Miami and started 12 games last season with pretty decent numbers. Unfortunately, it looks like he may have gone inactive so that's a RIP for any team searching for a goalie this draft. NEVERMIND HE'S BACK

And yeah that's about it see-ya.

Edited by RedSus

4 hours ago, Bojovnik said:

I will make sure my profile picture game lives up to your high standards for the rest of my career.

the standards are as high as Dorion's forehead and hair line!

On 2/28/2021 at 5:01 AM, Bojovnik said:

I appreciate your kind words and I will make sure my profile picture game lives up to your high standards for the rest of my career.

u better, we teammates now fam