Houston, We Have A Problem: Vol 1

Banackock

Houston, We Have A Problem: Volume 1

Bored Space Shuttle GIF by michaelmarczewski

I don’t know if I always am, but I try to be one of the people that when they see smoke, they don’t automatically pull the alarm, shout “FIRE!” and run their asses off down the hall to the designated safety zone. I’ve always tried to take this approach with the VHL. It might not seem like it is, but the beast we’ve all come to know and love is somewhat of a fragile, sensitive entity that can easily be disturbed or harmed with even the slightest of unbalanced. It’s why our staff members, Board of Governors and league Commissioners are constantly hard at work trying to make sure the ship continues to stay away from the masses of ice that sank Leonardo DiCaprio. They usually do a good job at it but lately we’ve found ourselves in a situation I’m unsure we’ve ever quite seen. At least not in a very long time. League recruitment is through the roof. People are coming here at an incredible rate and it’s starting to become very apparent in the league. More importantly, league retention has also found a way to be more successful. The community has grown. It’s amazing to log on and see the amount of members that are online when the sun is awake. Times are good. The league is ALIVE and all things are good. I will remind you that too much of something good can be an issue too. This is where I want to flag the alarm .This is where I think we need to come out and desperately say it.. Houston, we really do have a problem.

Take a look around the league right now and tell me what you see? The league has constantly said for all the seasons I’ve been here that it takes the builds of 6 forwards, 4 d-men and a goalie or two for the makeup of an organization. The reasoning behind this is probably a couple reasons but there’s 2 that have stuck out for me personally over the seasons that I’ve heard echoed from many others. The first being that this is the way it’s always been. It’s probably the simplest reason, yet it holds a lot of importance. 77 seasons now? I wouldn’t care to transition away from this ideology either. The second reason is what makes the league so special and likely helps with member enjoyment and league retention. Do you enjoy playing 5 minutes a game and getting 10 points in 72 games played? Are you gonna stay active? Is it going to be fun? I know for a handful of us, especially us that are loyal to our teams and sites, will do it and have no issues. I don’t think someone new who comes into the league, puts in work and time, is gonna be staying around too long though. Is the reward worth the effort? I’m writing all this stuff, doing all these tasks and I’m only playing 4th line minutes and I have 4 goals and 7 assists in 67 games. Man, this is fun. I’m gonna go watch paint dry now for the grand finale.  

So, take a true look around the league and tell me what you actually see. I see a league that is full to the brim. Sure, we have players that are retiring that are currently from the league Season 69 draft but is it going to be enough to hold off the tsunami of greatness we’ve added to the league? Literally, it’s a great problem to have but at the end of the day, a problem is a problem and I think this is something that is something that may seem small to those who are unaware, but to me anyway, is very critical and it needs to be addressed immediately or it’s going to lead to multiple, significant issues that range from teams being full and our systems being log jammed, players being left out and maybe even cut from rosters at this point, retention being removed and maybe even recruitment being halted for the time being. These are just things off the top of my head that could be affected negatively from what’s happening in the league right now and I use the word “could” very cautiously because I believe the symptoms are already stemming from the heart of the issues. Houston, we find ourselves in an issue that is only going to continue to get worse and let me say this and please take it seriously, things are stale right now. Bag of chips opened for the last month on the counter. Stale as fuck. So how do we fix the issues? What are the numbers? Houston, how do we fix the shit skies the storm over Sunnyvale? 

Retirements

The VHL circle of life lasts 8 seasons and is an ever revolving glass door that allows people to enter and people to leave at their discretion. The amount of people through those doors varies but the amount of people allowed in per 1 section of the revolving door depends on that door. The doors we have installed that are the gateways to this wonderful experience are bulging when people go through. The glass is cracking, the screws are coming loose and peoples faces are being squished to the glass during a Covid-19 pandemic where you don’t want to be touching them kinds of surfaces. The amount of people we’re adding are not the amount of people we see going.

How many S69 players are retiring this season?

The number seems large, sure, but how many of those players actually currently have some form of involvement or effect on the Victory Hockey League? 

More importantly, how many of these players made it above 250 TPE?

10. With 4 being above 1,000 and only 6 being above 500. That means 65 of the 75 players in this draft never made it to the VHL. 

That alone doesn’t sound like too much of a problem. How can we be clogged with only 10 players making it? It all goes back to the cycles and the circle of VHL life. 8 seasons. 16 teams. 6 forwards, 4 dmen, 2 goalies. 12 players. 192 roster spots is what the league has built itself around. If we wanted to head into the 9/6/2 range (which I don’t care at all to do), the amount would rise to 272, which would be an increase of 80. That’s a sizable leap for roster size, but is the leap worth it for those who play lower lines and minutes? How effective will our money, time and efforts towards recruitment be at that point? How effective will our retention be? 

S77 Draft

Let’s start this off by saying I probably should have asked Josh for these numbers. It hurt my eyes going up the player list on the portal counting the prospects in doubles. Despite my eyes burning, it’s not smoke from them that you’re eyes see and noses smells. Remember, I pulled the alarm and my little ass is running to the muster point. We’re adding a shit ton of players that are currently deemed “Season 77 players”.

How many players are S77?

I counted 151. 

What are their TPE levels?

Above 250 -> 7

Above 200 -> 11

Above 150 -> 24

Above 100 -> 52

The rest -> 99

So just a quick little break down before we had any farther. It’s impressive how we’ve all come together to make this place better. Yes, we’ve had members be involved in recruitment that came into the league and helped a lot but let’s not forget about everyone else. The General Managers who are consistently strong, helping their members and making their teams efficient, successful and enjoyable. The Commissioners that spend hours on here running the show and making the crucial decisions that aren’t always easiest for them to make. The simmers who put in hours over the seasons… simulating every.. single .. day and rarely miss a beat. The admins who police the forums and discord and keep things under control to allow this place to be safe and enjoyable for everyone because that’s what we deserve in this world. The BoG who are part of the conversation and some ideas that help make this place better. The general member who spends time out of their days, weeks and entire lives and writes articles, does graphics and simply chit chat with everyone else in the league. We don’t owe one person thanks for the fact we’re still standing. Don’t be modest. You all deserve the thanks! Now, let’s fix the issue at hand.

S69 players retiring this season -> 75

S77 players currently -> 151

S69 players that made it above 250 -> 10

S77 players above 250 (draft hasn’t even happened yet) → 7

S69 players above 150 -> 13

S77 players above 150 -> 24

Drafts - Let’s Go Backwards

I think you understand the message I'm trying to get across here, so I don’t believe it’s crucial to take up any more of your time blabbing (expect right here). It’s important to remember that even if the number above 250 is large, are those players actually effective and play a role on the team?  Let’s continue to keep it rolling , oi?

S76 players →  I counted 157 but RJ’s lists have 175. 

S76 players above 250 TPE → 23

S76 players above 200 TPE → 38

S68 players retiring above 250 →  44

S68 players retiring above 400 → 27

S75 players →  I’m glad I didn’t count because RJ has 351. 

S75 players above 250 → 69

S75 players above 200 → 80

S67 players retiring above 250 → 41

S67 players retiring above 400 → 29

The Near Future: S78???

Again, we won’t blab much here. PEOPLE WANT NUMBERS! LET’S GIVE THEM NUMBERS! Here we look at how many people are currently in the S78 player makeup (which remember, we still have a long ways to go for players to be added to this and recruitment) versus the amount of players we see leaving in S70 and the quality that will be going with them. Houston, LET’S GO!

Players in S78 → 28

Players above 250 → 0

Players above 100 → 5

This draft has recreate’s like: STZ, Patrik Tallinder, Seabass, Devise, Enigmatic, Dark Spyro, Ahma, Diamond_Ace, Garsh, Cxsquared, Gaudette, S_Lefty, Jericho, Tyler, etc. That’s a quality group of people that are surely going to raise the ceiling for this draft class. Think about it.. S77 draft hasn’t even happened yet. These guys have an entire season to plug away. Recruitment hasn’t even truly happened for this draft class yet. 

Players retiring in S70 → 131

Players retiring above 400 →  14

Players retiring above 250 → 22

Current Team Situation

Lastly, but surely not least, let’s take a look at the team’s situations. I want to start off by saying, and it may not be this way for all the GM’s, but I’ve had a difficult time trading this season. Contending teams likely don’t have the cap, but neither do some of the others. The biggest of the problems is that nobody has the room. Teams are full! Nobody can add other players or else the players they already have or will be having come up from the VHLM will be buried behind them. I know of a trade or two, but other than that, how insignificant and quiet is this off-season going to be? What are the effects of this? How poor are they going to be moving forward because of the problems and mass amount of players being added each season? It’s only going to continue to get better and worse at the same time. Pick your poison. 

Roster Players Under Contract

This is ONLY current players on the professional roster that are under contract at this moment. This does not include Free Agents without a contract that will be leaving next season, retiring players that will be outgoing or members that are coming up or will remain below the 250 cap for next season.

Calgary → 13

Chicago → 16

DCD → 12

Davos → 14

Helsinki →14

London → 15

LA → 13

Malmo → 13

Moscow → 13

New York → 11

Prague → 14

Riga → 15

Seattle → 14

Toronto → 17

Vancouver → 14

Warsaw → 15

Total: 223

Average: 13.9

6/4/2 amount: 192

223-192 = 31 ( we can expand by 2 teams????)

Next season… under contract.. MINUS FA + retirees..

Remember, just because they’re FA doesn’t mean their teams don’t want to sign them etc. These numbers could easily change.

Calgary → 8 (4 Retired/ 1 FA)

Chicago → 11 (5 FA)

DCD → 7 (5 Retired lol dragenz slayed)

Davos → 6 (3 Retired/ 5 FA)

Helsinki → 10  (1 Retired/ 3 FA)

London → 10 (5 FA)

LA → 10 (1 Retired/ 2 FA)

Malmo → 11 (2 FA)

Moscow → 9 (1 Retired/ 3 FA)

New York → 7 (1 Retired/ 3 FA)

Prague → 12 (2 FA)

Riga → 11 (2 Retired/ 2 FA)

Seattle → 13 (1 Retired)

Toronto → 13 (1 Retired/3 FA)

Vancouver → 10 (2 Retired/2 FA)

Warsaw → 10 (1 Retired/ 4 FA)

Total: 158

Average: 9.875

Numbers don’t seem too bad.. But again, that doesn’t include Free Agency - whether the teams will sign their players, or if they will sign with other teams (if they have the cap). 42 FA’s in total. That could change the “158” total players by a bit. I know of a handful that are confirmed to either be signing or wanting to sign.

BUT THERE’S MORE… What about prospects that are now at or above 250 that are on their way up?

Rosters Next Season (no FA/Retiree) PLUS 250 or higher prospects coming up

So, S69 retirees are taken off the list, FA’s aren’t included but could add to the list later on and players that are at 250 or above that will be coming up will count… This does not count the players at 240-250 or that are close enough they could go up.. I’ll make a special note though.. This also does not include the guaranteed 7 players who will make the jump out of the draft, with a handful right below that COULD make it (likely will if they want to).

Calgary → 8 + 3 (228/207/211) = 11

Chicago → 11  + 2 = 13

DCD → 7 + 3 (1 more at 236 TPE) = 10

Davos → 6 + 4 prospects (1 more 248 + 249 and then 1 at 233) = 10

Helsinki → 10 + 2 prospects (1 at 237, 1 at 214) = 12

London → 10 + 0 (4 more above 240, 1 additional above 200) = 10 

LA → 10 + 2 prospects (3 more 202 or higher) = 12

Malmo → 11 + 3 prospects (1 more at 220 TPE) = 14

Moscow → 9 + 0 (2 more above 232) = 9

New York → 7 = 2 prospects (1 at 248, then 1 at 213) = 9 

Prague → 12  + 2 (1 more at 242, then 2 more above 229) = 14 

Riga → 11 + 3 prospects (1 more above 220) = 14

Seattle → 13 + 2 prospects (1 more at 248, then 4 above 200) = 15

Toronto → 13 + 0 = 13

Vancouver → 10 + 4 prospects (1 more at 243) = 14

Warsaw → 10 + 0 prospects (3 more above 220) = 10

TOTAL: 190 -> With a possible 19 or so that could hit the 250+ plateau with off-season earnings etc

Average: 11.875/

Remember… These numbers don’t include the 7 guaranteed to make the jump from draft, or the 42 Free Agents without a contract hitting the market this season so far. 

Houston, How Do We Fix This?

1.Return the Cap from 40 to 45 Million. Beketov will love this. 

Speaking with a lot of teams, they’re heavily over the cap and needing to make moves. We could see the above numbers changing greatly over the next couple of days. I know too, speaking with a majority of GM’s prior to the off-season, that a couple of jokingly suggested cutting players (and these aren’t just inactive little bums). Raising the cap would help with the log jam that we currently got going on. 

2. Reform how the VHLM system allows their players to bank. Bank from 250 to now 350.

It’s not the first time I’ve brought this up and it likely won’t be the last. I’m not saying this suggestion is 100% bang on and should be implemented. The numbers may need to be tweaked and could be, but the idea behind it could probably help out in a lot of ways. The system that I would suggest and even try to implement if I was still a green member would be:

Allow players to continue to apply TPA/TPE to their player up to 250. This should not be changed. The gap is good enough between new members and recreates but also high enough that they’re the good players. I wouldn’t go any less and surely not anymore. You climb that number more and you’re opening up the floodgates for a blood bath. 

Current rules state, once players hit 250 TPA/TPE they start banking their TPE. If it happens after the TPA/TPE cut-off, they remain down for the season and can continue banking. If they hit it prior, they go up. My suggestion is to allow them to hit 250 applied and then bank to 350. They will not be forced to go up until they hit 351 banked and will only go up during the off-season. 350 only acts as the trigger point to which they’ll head up the following season. So a player can have 250 applied, hit 350 total TPE banked in the middle of the season and that would trigger “call up for next off-season”. Once off-season rolls around, for example, they move up to the VHL with 250 applied and say.. 133 TPE banked for a 388 total. 

If a player is at 349 and the TPA cut-off for the VHLM passes, they’re obviously able to hit the 350/351 banked and bank in the VHLM for the remainder of the season. The next off-season they will be called up. This could be with 250 applied, 150 banked for 400 TPE total.

Why do this?

I think this is going to help multiple things and could have numerous positive benefits throughout the league.

Log Jam Clearing - It will prevent the issue we currently have with 250 players coming up and jamming the league. 

VHLM Competitive Act - It will make the VHLM more competitive. Players will remain down lower, at higher levels, This will benefit a majority of other players in the league. But, I do hear it now. You will be burying other players in the VHLM which leads to #3.

VHLM Expansion? I’m not talking to 16 with the VHL, but maybe 14. More players? More teams? More options are always good and more teams, as long as full, make things more competitive. It also opens the door for better, more successful recruitment and retention drives. 

Allows Players To Enter VHL More Developed - Is it fun entering the VHL at a 250 TPE player getting 10 points in a season? Or better yet, is it fun working your ass only to sit on the bench or play 5 minutes a game? I understand it’s a part of development, other leagues, real life etc, but it’s always been an argument that the VHL is not that system and want a majority of players to be in positions to taste success right away. Why not? That’s great for retainment. Burying them in a league where they’re 288 TPE playing against teams stacked full of 400, 700, 1000 TPA players is a massive disadvantage. I think allowing them to bank to 350, trigger call up next season at 351 and let them bank the season away and enter the VHL at 351-400+ would be better for VHL teams, the players and the VHLM. It will also hop back and help out the log jam at #1. 

Retention? For starters, you’re allowing them to be competitive for longer. This likely and usually transpires to success. A player, especially a new member trying this out for the first time, is more likely to stay and keep coming back to the site if they’re getting some form of decent points. Getting 80-130 points in the VHLM and then 20 in the VHL - I don’t know. It’s not a terrible system but we could likely improve it. We’ve already done a lot of improving for recruitment and retention but can always find ways to help the VHL as an entity run more efficiently and be more effective with what and how we do things. Additionally, you’re keeping some other members down which helps maybe more recreate’s mentor and be engaged with all members of their VHLM teams and Lr’s. More engagement and help = better chances of successful recruitment which = retention. 

EXPANSION - the Beaviss Method!!

I’m not gonna write anything here. It’s expansion. Everyone loves new teams and logo’s and I’ve written enough.

3,589 words..

Claiming:

March 8-14

March 15-21

March 22-28

March 29- April 4

DISCUSS

Damn, numbers. The idea of banking til 350 is intriguing. I was going to stay down an extra season in the M and come up a super rookie the following season, but peer pressure brought me to the VHL on schedule. I regretted it immensely, especially because my arch rival @dlamb did that exact plan and won Rookie of the Year while I did SFA in my rookie season. The competitiveness of the M won't get out of whack, since it'll still be a 250 TPA cap and the gap between good and bad is essentially the same, but buying that extra season of marinating might help. Does that lead to extending VHL careers by an extra season? Who knows, there's always unintended consequences.

Also... the juniors are a thing eh? Have they ever been activated yet?

37 minutes ago, bigAL said:

I was going to stay down an extra season in the M and come up a super rookie the following season, but peer pressure brought me to the VHL on schedule. I regretted it immensely, especially because my arch rival @dlamb did that exact plan and won Rookie of the Year while I did SFA in my rookie season.

To be fair, I also kind of regret staying down an extra season. Feels like at the end of it all I'll be thought of as a tier below those who played all 8, even if they had bad rookie seasons. I'll take the award though. Also, I prefer the term frenemies. :)  

21 minutes ago, dlamb said:

To be fair, I also kind of regret staying down an extra season. Feels like at the end of it all I'll be thought of as a tier below those who played all 8, even if they had bad rookie seasons. I'll take the award though. Also, I prefer the term frenemies. :)  

"Nemesis" has a great ring to it too haha luv u dlamb even if you spurned the Dragons, I've got a lot of TPE riding on you winning and Kanou-ing this series so please.

Also yeah, there's no real perfect way either way. You need the full 8 to be HoF, but you're also usually ass your first season which then hurts your HoF resume.

Even banking in M till 300 tpe would make a difference. 

Houston, How Do We Fix This?

1.Return the Cap from 40 to 45 Million. Beketov will love this. 

^  this would rattle me if cap goes up the second I step down lol 😆 

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Banackock said:

Return the Cap from 40 to 45 Million. Beketov will love this. 

Hey look I was right! “Something something raise the cap something something”

The cap will be looked at as it is every season though. As you well know we don’t just raise it because you want it higher.

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

VHLM Expansion?

If the issue is the VHL being too full how does making the M bigger solve that? Though with your other 350 based suggestion it would become super clogged so I guess this would be necessary but I still don’t like it and I don’t think 2 teams would be nearly enough with that many extra players staying down. The M is super cyclical, go too high with team numbers and you risk it never being remotely full. You remember what what’s like as well as I do.

On the whole this is being discussed though, we’re up to page 8 in the BOG about it last I checked and we’ve got something pretty major in the works to help solve the issue.

First Gen Alert!!

Thank you for the time and effort for running all the numbers and I must admit I have also ran the numbers so I know your numbers are off slightly but still makes your point well. And as a First Gen player I will admit it was nice to get some insight on how large you deem the rosters should be versus the whole 12-6-2 aspect of real life.

I had actually wrote an article but never posted the article arguing the opposite of what you have posted here but was based on my lack of understanding of the league, which I realized after I wrote the 2000 word article so didn't post. 

So take the next comments for what they are:  First Gen Alert!!

8 hours ago, Banackock said:

2. Reform how the VHLM system allows their players to bank. Bank from 250 to now 350.

It’s not the first time I’ve brought this up and it likely won’t be the last. I’m not saying this suggestion is 100% bang on and should be implemented. The numbers may need to be tweaked and could be, but the idea behind it could probably help out in a lot of ways. The system that I would suggest and even try to implement if I was still a green member would be:

Not a fan of this at all since wouldn't it be easier just to have a Farm system or a feeder system into the VHL?

As a first gen player I found it confusing that I was being signed off waiver to a Minor league team to be drafted later that same year into the M and VHL as it took away a true years worth of excitement since I could have/should have been drafted only into the VHLM with a ton of hype and hopefully building towards a Championship through the Minors (Which I think should be more worded Juniors) and after building for X amount of time before being drafted into the VHL. When comparing this to real life a Junior Career for most players is 17-18-19, while being drafted as an 18 year old. Most make the jump to Pro hockey once they are 20 years old either straight to the NHL or AHL. Most start actually in the AHL unless they are Franchise players or based around the log jam within the NHL team. 

So short of what I am suggesting is you need a league between the VHL & VHLM since most players at 250 aren't ready for the VHL and are causing the log jam at the bottom half of the roster but they would enjoy dominating the minor system while continue to develop towards the VHL.

Leagues as suggested before but adding the Farm system team should look similar to the following:

1. Waivers league/ Recreate league

a. Signed off waivers or recreates but not yet drafted into the Junior League.

b. No cap

2. Juniors or Minor Hockey league

a. Current format of the VHL with players drafted to the team.

b. Cap of 350 TPE (before forced to move up) (Increased since average player earns 90-100 TPE during a 7WK season, meaning average stay will be two to three seasons)

c. Draft eligible for the VHL

3. Farm team

a. Any player can be assigned to the Farm team dependent on contracts (Move Movements etc)

b. Allows fridge VHL players a place to play

c. Increase the roster size of the VHL team by allowing further retention of prospects, Free agent players etc..

d. Removes Cap issues for teams as they can burry contracts ( Rules will need to be created but I am a First Gen!! )

Overall, Most players simply want a steady fair progression path that can be followed.

9 hours ago, Banackock said:

EXPANSION - the Beaviss Method!!

Yes, but not to the VHL or the VHLM but create a completely new Farm system for the VHL teams.

33 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

b. No cap

A waiver league is a good idea in my opinion, when I joined the league, I ended up playing on a forth line, just doing pretty much nothing. Giving the waivers top line minutes in a waiver league would also fix that issue.

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

First Gen Alert!!

Thank you for the time and effort for running all the numbers and I must admit I have also ran the numbers so I know your numbers are off slightly but still makes your point well. And as a First Gen player I will admit it was nice to get some insight on how large you deem the rosters should be versus the whole 12-6-2 aspect of real life.

I had actually wrote an article but never posted the article arguing the opposite of what you have posted here but was based on my lack of understanding of the league, which I realized after I wrote the 2000 word article so didn't post. 

So take the next comments for what they are:  First Gen Alert!!

Not a fan of this at all since wouldn't it be easier just to have a Farm system or a feeder system into the VHL?

As a first gen player I found it confusing that I was being signed off waiver to a Minor league team to be drafted later that same year into the M and VHL as it took away a true years worth of excitement since I could have/should have been drafted only into the VHLM with a ton of hype and hopefully building towards a Championship through the Minors (Which I think should be more worded Juniors) and after building for X amount of time before being drafted into the VHL. When comparing this to real life a Junior Career for most players is 17-18-19, while being drafted as an 18 year old. Most make the jump to Pro hockey once they are 20 years old either straight to the NHL or AHL. Most start actually in the AHL unless they are Franchise players or based around the log jam within the NHL team. 

So short of what I am suggesting is you need a league between the VHL & VHLM since most players at 250 aren't ready for the VHL and are causing the log jam at the bottom half of the roster but they would enjoy dominating the minor system while continue to develop towards the VHL.

Leagues as suggested before but adding the Farm system team should look similar to the following:

b. No cap

2. Juniors or Minor Hockey league

a. Current format of the VHL with players drafted to the team.

b. Cap of 350 TPE (before forced to move up) (Increased since average player earns 90-100 TPE during a 7WK season, meaning average stay will be two to three seasons)

c. Draft eligible for the VHL

3. Farm team

a. Any player can be assigned to the Farm team dependent on contracts (Move Movements etc)

b. Allows fridge VHL players a place to play

c. Increase the roster size of the VHL team by allowing further retention of prospects, Free agent players etc..

d. Removes Cap issues for teams as they can burry contracts ( Rules will need to be created but I am a First Gen!! )

Overall, Most players simply want a steady fair progression path that can be followed.

Yes, but not to the VHL or the VHLM but create a completely new Farm system for the VHL teams.

I’m slightly confused. You said a league between the two current ones but then said waiver league before the M, which is it? Also the farm system for the VHL wouldn’t really be functional anymore. Rapid expansion has caused there to be so many teams and a farm system would mean needing a farm team for every single one of those players. Even if we assume the usual league setup of 11 players (6-4-1, two lines plus a goalie) that would mean needing to have 176 players in the farm system; we wouldn’t come close to having that.

The other issue with a lot of this is that it’s based on real life which is easy to base stuff on but not functional for us. The Junior hockey can be a draft only system because they don’t just have people showing up and needing somewhere to go, we do. The AHL can exist and teams can dump players who aren’t ready yet there because there is no limit on how long people can play but there is here. Imagine spending 6 seasons between juniors and a farm system, finally making it to the VHL, and then being retired after two seasons. That’s the kind of situation you’re describing.

I like that you’re thinking outside the box, but we do have a slightly more constrained box than that.

Review

Great stuff with some good and detailed thoughts. I don't agree with every single one of them but all those are things worthy and discussing and it's great that you provide the numbers to base that discussion on. Formatting is clear and concise and gets the job done. The article got a bit hard to follow a few times when it wasn't completely clear how the thing you talked about connected to the overall point, but that's only a minor issue that didn't happen to often.

10/10