Continued S77 Mock Draft

Red

Picks 1 to 3: https://vhlforum.com/topic/100164-mini-mock-draft/

4th Overall - New York:

The Americans are starting to come out of there rebuild as they have some very good prospects in Red Lite, Thadius Sales and Chicken Wing. However, looking at there roster it's clear they are missing some depth in defense and will probably be looking for one with this pick. For me there is one defensemen who stands above the rest in this draft and if New York feels they need to improve there back end then I say they go with:

Spoiler

Reylynn Reinhart @Ricer13

5th Overall - Malmo:

This will be the first pick of on of our new GM's for this season as Hylands takes the reign's at Malmo. Malmo doesn't look like they have a large positional need and they do have a lot of depth in every position, what they lack though is top end talent as most of there players are around 300 TPE. Because of this I believe Hylands will choose to go with the best player available at this position who I think will be:

Spoiler

Brendan Telker @Telkster

6th Overall - Toronto:

The league's favourite social club will look to continue it's rebuild with the 6th overall pick. Looking at there roster it's clear that they have an extremely bright future in defense have 4 young high caliber stalwarts who will define this generation of the legion. For me, where the legion lack is in the center ice position as there highest rated center is around 400 TPE. They do have Frank Funk Jr who looks to have switched from the wing to center but I still think it would be beneficial for them to go for another center ice men at this spot. Therefore I think Toronto will select:

Spoiler

That Dude @Cornholio

7th Overall - Calgary:

With Calgary's big push for a continental cup being unsuccessful it looks as if they might be in for a retool this off season. There still some strong pieces in this squad despite all the retirees, so I think with some strong drafting and free agent signings new GM Ricer will have this team competitive in no time. This team also doesn't have any glaring issues in defense or offense. I think the one place to improve for this team is on the wing so I think that's where they could go with this selection. The best selection I think they could make here is:

Spoiler

Druss Deathwalker @animal74

8th Overall - Riga:

Yall know I'm excited for this one fam, it's been a while since we had a high selection so I'm pretty hyped to see who we'll pick up here. I'm not entirely sure what were going to do with this pick, if I were to guess, we would probably go towards defense here. Luckily for us there is plenty of defensemen still available at this position which will make this a tough decision for mah boi hedge. In the end I think we will go with:

Spoiler

Zeedayno Chara @Jubis

9th Overall - Helsinki:

Probably the best team we've seen thus far Helsinki has a considerably strong forward core. There defense doesn't have as much depth but has some good high end players. Knowing this I can definitely see another d-man going here as there is a lot available in this range. I think Helsinki will take:

Spoiler

Aurelien Moreau @Frank

to be continued.

Edited by RedSus

1 hour ago, dlamb said:

I think you're spot on with some of these picks, but I'm not sure if CGY passes on Chara.. if Jubis wants another run at it with the Wranglers

yee, good point

Review: Great work Sus. Although this wouldn't be my rankings you did a really good job putting this all together. It is very clear that you put some work into this as you have addressed most teams needs. It is a well put together and easy to read article. I like how you used the drop boxes to keep the pick in suspense until you are done reading your explanations. Solid piece 9/10

Yeah, this is going to be an interesting draft especially the top 10. Nice work! Might get more views if you tag the draftees! I'm always interested in mock draft as you only get to go through it once every 8-9 seasons!

Edited by animal74