S77 LVA Team Awards

2018 NHL Awards winners

S77 LAS VEGAS ACES TEAM AWARDS

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the first Las Vegas Aces Team Awards Showcase! With the offseason for Las Vegas having already begun, it's finally time to take a look back at the accomplishments made by the team, and players during this past season. I know I can waste a 1000 words just describing our season, so I'll just keep it short. Las Vegas coming into the start of last season, definitely had some moxie to them. As we came off a draft that saw some rather bold moves made by me. With another bold trade early in the season, Vegas became a dominant team in the first half. We were able to put up a good fight against the bigger teams, and despite falling off our stride come the middle and back half of the season, Vegas still held firm with a 35-27-10 record. Then came the postseason where we upset the dominant Saskatoon Wild in 5 games, but ultimately got swept by the Miami Marauders. During that time, the motto of "TRADE THE PICKS TRUST THE PROCESS" was born, and with that motto, it gave this team a distinguishable identity...in the LR that is. Anyways, with that short description out of the way, it is finally time for the awards!!

(Note: The Awards, with player stats particularly, will only involve the player's time as a player of LVA. So if they came late via trade or signing, then the games they played with us and the stats put up during that time will be counted towards the stat related awards. Also @Spartan is going to kill me with the image formatting, but fuck it.)

MIKE SZATKOWSKI III TROPHY - TEAM MVP

SzatkowskiTrophy.png

First up is the Mike Szatkowski III Trophy! The trophy, who's namesake is the franchise leader in points (VHL Portal wise). A name fitting for the Team MVP. This person has been with the team for quite a while, and has had a long history with the Vegas franchise. They have shown great dedication to the franchise that even predates both my AGM and GM tenures. Although they may have a rather vulgar tongue, this person has not only stuck with us all of this season, but has been the face of Vegas for the past two seasons. Truly worth of the award.

The winner this season's Szatkowski trophy is none other than...

Spoiler

The captain himself, @Wolverine!!

Darryl McDagg has been one of the biggest contributors, if not the biggest contributor for Vegas this season. With an outstanding 98 points in 72 games, McDagg has displayed what it means to be an Ace and is thus, deserving of this award. Congratulations.

ANGEL WACHIURE AWARD - BEST FORWARD

AWachiureAward.png

Up next is the Angel Wachiure Award! Given to the best forward this season, represented one of the longest serving LVA forwards, @inflastud!! The term "best forward" is quite vague, I'll admit that. However, that vagueness is part of the magic that comes with it. The best forward in the team doesn't exactly mean they put up the best points. They can put up great defensive numbers as well, or maybe a mix of both. The loose term of "best forward" allows for a wider range of people available for this award. So moving on, this player had a very short stint with us in Vegas. As they were acquired close to the trade deadline. And despite the decent offensive stats put up in the remainder of the regular season, the playoffs is where this player truly shined. Their performance during the playoffs allows for this player to be deserving of this award, along with the stellar season in general.

The winner of the Angel Wachiure Award is...

Spoiler

@glass!!

Kjell Nilsson has had an amazing season. Posting up a whopping 105 total points! Putting him 5th league overall in scoring this past regular season. Despite having only 6 points in 8 games in the regular season with Vegas, Nilsson put up an outstanding 16 points in the playoffs, giving him the title of best forward this season. Congratulations!!

ALEX LETANG TROPHY - BEST DEFENSEMAN

LetangTrophy.png

Following up the best forward award is none other than the Alex Letang Trophy. Which is the trophy given to the best defenseman this season. The trophy's namesake is none other than former GM and LVA player @Spartan, who sits 13th in franchise scoring with just 144 games played with Vegas. The winner of this award came into Vegas via trade. A rather big blockbuster at that. However, this player had in fact played for Vegas previously before this season. Yes, this player was initially a waiver signing a couple of seasons ago, who was taken by a different team come the dispersal draft. Only for them to be reacquired by the team this season. This player, in his second coming in Vegas, was an offensive powerhouse. And yes, not every defenseman puts up a huge amount of points. However, if it wasn't for this player, it would have been very hard for Vegas to have the kind of powerplay and offensive production it had this season.

The winner of the Letang Trophy is...

Spoiler

@Jakefufu!!

Shaggy Tipton put up an amazing 87 points in just 64 with Vegas this season, and his 98 total points lead all defensemen in the VHLM this season. Tipton is arguably the one of the best powerplay quarterbacks LVA could have gotten. Shining past fellow defenseman Sven Reikkinen. This is why he deserves the award for best defenseman.

GARY RUSH AWARD - MOST GOALS

GRushAward.png

Next up is the stats based awards. Starting off with the Gary Rush Award! @G_Rush during his time in Vegas displayed what it meant to score a shit ton of goals. As he currently sits 5th in franchise scoring. Defining the term "offense" for the modern day Vegas. A player very fitting for the award for most goals. Now this person has already won an award previously. Again showing why this player was the face of Las Vegas this past season.

The winner for the Gary Rush Award is...

Spoiler

@Wolverine!!

Darryl McDagg this season put up an outstanding 49 goals! Winning him the team's award for most goals. Congratulations!!

RHYNEX ENTERTAINMENT TROPHY - MOST ASSISTS

RhynexTrophy.png

Next is the trophy who's namesake complimented the namesake of the previous award by defining what it means to be a playmaker in modern day Vegas. This is the Rhynex Entertainment Trophy. Awarded to the player who had the most assists this season with Vegas. @Rhynex Entertainment was the center of a line that was probably one of Vegas's most offensively gifted. That line, which I personally called the "Tripe R Threat" was dominant during their time. All three of those players are within the top 15 in franchise scoring. Rhynex in particular being 9th. A center who exemplified what it means to be a playmaker and who was the unsung hero within the trio. Truly deserving name for this award. The person who won this award, has also won an award previously. This time a defenseman, this player is the playmaker behind Vegas's offense. A true powerplay quarterback.

The winner of the Rhynex Trophy is...

Spoiler

@Jakefufu!!

Shaggy Tipton put up an outstanding 60 assists with Vegas this season, with a total 66 including his time in Mexico. His playmaking ability allowed for Vegas to have a lethal

powerplay both in the regular season and playoffs. Congratulations.

CHRIS REYNOLDS AWARD - MOST DEDICATED

ReynoldsAward.png

To finish off trio comes the Chris Reynolds Award! The Award given to LVA's most dedicated player. @Crstats23 to me, was one of the biggest contributors to the LR. Someone who I found was quite dedicated to the team he plays for. This award is given to those who exemplifies the same amount of enthusiasm for the team and the VHL in general. Of course I could've named this trophy anything, but with Rhynex and Rush already the namesakes of other awards, it felt right for me to finish the trio that defined Vegas in their time. This player came into Vegas via the Dispersal Draft. Being an ever present locker room presence. This player has also been active in the VHL main discord and has displayed a great amount of enthusiasm/interest in the league. A person who is actively looking to contribute even more by acquiring a job in the VHL.

The winner of the Reynolds Award is...

Spoiler

@Hank!!

A solid contributor stats wise, Hank has displayed a great amount of dedication to the VHL in his time with us in Vegas. In fact he has developed a reputation for being against draft hype in VHL gen chat. With that in mind, and his regular presence in the LR. He is truly deserving of the award for the most dedicated player.

LOCKER ROOM ACTIVITY AWARD

LockerRoomAward.png

So as the 2nd last award in this showcase, we have the Locker Room Activity Award! Given to the player who displayed a great amount of locker room activity. So before I announce the winner, what's the difference between this and the Chris Reynolds Award? Well the Reynolds Award is given to the most dedicated player in the league and Vegas overall, this is just solely locker room activity. This person has again already won multiple awards in this showcase. This person also had an ever present presence in the locker room as well. Providing the LR some much needed activity. Helping both me and others engage in conversation.

The winner of the Locker Room Activity Award is...

Spoiler

@Jakefufu Again!!

Shaggy Tipton again has shown a great amount of locker room activity, helping engage himself and others in the LR and contributing to overall activity. Congratulations!!

AGM AWARD

AGMAward.png

Last but not least is the AGM Award! An award just for my AGM @Emi. Despite not having rights, I felt as though that I should at least recognize my AGM for the contributions to the team. Whether big or small. Sure we make fun at AGMs for not having rights and all that, but the AGM is a key member of the LR. As they provide the team with activity, help the GM if they aren't available, and most importantly, provide the players with a weekly presser, allowing for them to earn quick and easy TPE. All I'm saying is that AGMs can be big contributors to the team as well, and I wanna thank Emi for that.

Well that's that! The end of this season's Team Awards! For those who didn't win anything this season, don't be sad or worried. You've all contributed to the team one way or another, and I wanna thank you all for a great season with us. I'm very proud of the team we've fought as during the course of this season, and I'm glad that each and every one of you were a part of the team. So again a big thank you to this season's Aces, for having a great season with us.

And now to ping the entire fucking roster as thanks:

@Jakefufu@Wolverine@Devise@glass@Minermonkey@DreMin15@Hank@Erik@Charlie@LT.CHICKEN NUGGETS@hess30@Giles Rigel@I'll change this later@Slick@GoldGear88@Coldex@Cédric Goulet@BeastTakeover

• 2 weeks later...