My first VHL job

osens

Since I joined VHL almost a year and a half ago, interestingly I haven't had a job in VHL. I have been a lone wolf and just been going from team to team just doing my job, getting those TPE, and getting the goals for my teams. I have burned out of VHL and I have had insane fun. But this time I decided to try it and applied for a job in D.C.

Previous AGM, Big Al @bigAL went on to be a commish and I have known Enorama @Enorama for some time too, so I thought it was a fantastic opportunity to get my feet wet and try something different and new in VHL. The job sounds pretty easy - you just have to make some press conferences, talk with people and be a right hand to the GM, and I thought that it was something I can do (I can). After the VHL draft, Eno sent me a message and he told me that you're hired, kid. Not exact words, but something close to that. I have always told everyone, that I won't get any jobs in VHL, because they don't quite interest me and, honestly, I was never even that into those jobs, but this time I wanted to change this up and try this.

D.C is a cool team, never quite played for it, but I felt like I know that team better than most of the other VHL teams, mostly because of Eno talking about D.C. When I joined D.C I felt at home - there were very cool people - Juice @Juice, who is such a cool dude and always really nice, how could you not love Juice? 😘  eagles @WentzKneeFan036, my secret, not so secret lover ❤️, Big Al. He was my first AGM and a goddamn legend too. He and Ricer @Ricer13 made Miami the most fun place in the VHL at the time. And of course the rest of the awesome players too. This free agency we acquired Jiggs @JigglyGumballs too, he is really cool also, too bad he is a weeb though. So in short, we have a really fun squad, but we also know how to win games sometimes.

realpic.png.24360d715ae4259d0e48152091bb95f1.png

100% real picture, that shows my love for D.C!

Remember how I said that this job is easy? Well, not really. Here I was, answering all of those press conference questions in 2 minutes and not really thinking too hard for those answers, but now I have to think of these questions. Here I am sitting on Monday evening, watching some videos and debating in my head if this question is good, how could I answer that question. It usually becomes an hour to think of 6 simple questions, that someone will spend a few minutes answering, but I am not even complaining. I enjoy this and it makes me fulfill one of my dreams - being something similar to a journalist.

My first few weeks have been interesting and refreshing, and I hope to have a nice time in D.C with the boys! Go D.C and let's get some wins now! 

Edited by osens

9/10

Great text! I am currently trying to find my first job in the VHL and i really love to see what it is like to have a job and more specificly your first one. your article is very well written and very nice to read. Keep up the good work and good luck on your first job.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I just started a job with Miami and making pressers is not terrible but its more difficult than you would think. I pretty much relate to this entire thing even starting a year and a half ago. That's about when I jumped in too. great read 10/10

Review: Well, first of all, I share your pain on creating press conference questions. I've been doing it for a while now, and sometimes the pipeline runs dry. Anyways, in what may not quite be a rags-to-riches story but an intriguing one nevertheless. Formatting is solid, indents were inconsistent but were there. Very relevant image. 9/10