S39 Recruitment Drive

sterling

My only suggestion would be to include the new members guide forum and also to discuss the vhlm training camp that every new member can do as well as the welfare/pension program

sounds bueno. will probably give it about a week and then go at it again after some more suggestions are given. mucho grazi

other things I think might warrant a mention at the beginning of my description of VHL...

- very strong graphics community, with our own developing cut gallery with NHL cuts and cuts with VHL jersey changes. also highlight the fact that every single team's logo has been developed by a VHL member for the VHL (that's 20 uniquely designed logos which all look great).

- very strong writing community, VHL Magazine, just surpassing 200 weekly editions ... VHLM Magazine, almost at 50 weekly editions

- Locker Rooms

Coach, very well done. Your excitement was perfect and wasn't boring at all. Good work! If I had a proper program I would do that. SHARPE!

Sterling, further to my PM, I have joined that site(21,000 members) and am awaiting admin approval(needed to add recruitment sig). They also had a fantasy football opening so I joined that shit as well. Not sure if it will work but will give it a shot anyway.

A video walkthrough for newbies with examples of where to go, how to post, how to introduce yourself would be a great method. A lot of the time, instructions are thrown to new visitors and without a full grasp of the site, it leads to more confusion.

Video Starts:

"Hi, my name is Sterling. This is the VHL. This is what it's about. This is how you create a player. This is how you can update your player stats with the use of TPE for Media Spots/GFX. Any questions, send them my way. Thanks, hopefully you enjoy your time here"

1 TPE

Sterling, further to my PM, I have joined that site(21,000 members) and am awaiting admin approval(needed to add recruitment sig). They also had a fantasy football opening so I joined that shit as well. Not sure if it will work but will give it a shot anyway.

1 TPE

Also I have a slight idea for the whole recruitment thing.

SHL is another large hockey sim league right? How about some sort of cross sim group of games where you put the best of the best from each sim league against each other. Like an all-star game of sorts or maybe even a tournament that happens every couple seasons. I know both sites are held in a very high regard and something like this would be huge in the sim league community. From my personal experience, people love things that are a "big deal". I think something like that would be incredible for an already large community.

Also I have a slight idea for the whole recruitment thing.

SHL is another large hockey sim league right? How about some sort of cross sim group of games where you put the best of the best from each sim league against each other. Like an all-star game of sorts or maybe even a tournament that happens every couple seasons. I know both sites are held in a very high regard and something like this would be huge in the sim league community. From my personal experience, people love things that are a "big deal". I think something like that would be incredible for an already large community.

It's something we've talked about before, but the fact that their TPE levels are much higher than ours and we use different versions of the sim seem to be the main roadblocks to this happening.

I suggest "Pirate" recruiting. We have members in the SHL right? So let them keep an eye on the new guys joining the SHL and have them send a VHL link and description.

I'm only half-kidding. Fuck em.

MAKE VHL TINDER ACCOUNTS AND LIKE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE AND RECRUIT ON TINDER.

omg make a fake hot girl tinder account and get guys to join omgomgomgomg

He's actually on to something. I'm not kidding.

What about a VHL Instagram account with graphics and other things that can spark interests. Just flog the posts with hashtags and you will attract so many people!