Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this weeks Houston Bulls Presser! Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six questions for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending June 30th, here are your questions!

🔥1. We're sitting nice and pretty in the middle of the pack at the moment in 5th place overall! Do you think we're gonna pick up some momentum going into the later part of the regular season, or are we just saving ourselves for when it matters?

🔥2. Our dearly-beloved, glorious and fearless leader GM @AJW announced a potential retirement after the season is done. Do you think you'd ever be interested in becoming a GM yourself? If you are one already, where do you go from here?

🔥3.

Spoiler

PANTHERS WIN!!!!!!! LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THIS QUESTION TO CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!!!!giphy.webpgiphy.webp

🔥4. Who's your long shot guess for the next Stanley Cup and why?

🔥5. The Conn Smythe trophy (MVP of the Playoffs) was awarded to Connor McDavid, despite being on the losing team. Do you think there should be a separate award for the best non-winning player in addition to the Conn Smythe?

🔥6. Being from the South, when I say Barbecue, I mean Brisket, Ribs, Collards, etc. But it can mean something different to everyone! So what is your ideal backyard barbecue?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I (may) read all of your answers! (I know AJ will.)

13 hours ago, Vice said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this weeks Houston Bulls Presser! Please answer each question to your best ability.

🔥1. We're sitting nice and pretty in the middle of the pack at the moment in 5th place overall! Do you think we're gonna pick up some momentum going into the later part of the regular season, or are we just saving ourselves for when it matters?

🔥2. Our dearly-beloved, glorious and fearless leader GM @AJW announced a potential retirement after the season is done. Do you think you'd ever be interested in becoming a GM yourself? If you are one already, where do you go from here?

🔥3.

Reveal hidden contents

PANTHERS WIN!!!!!!! LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THIS QUESTION TO CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!!!!giphy.webpgiphy.webp

🔥4. Who's your long shot guess for the next Stanley Cup and why?

🔥5. The Conn Smythe trophy (MVP of the Playoffs) was awarded to Connor McDavid, despite being on the losing team. Do you think there should be a separate award for the best non-winning player in addition to the Conn Smythe?

🔥6. Being from the South, when I say Barbecue, I mean Brisket, Ribs, Collards, etc. But it can mean something different to everyone! So what is your ideal backyard barbecue?

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I (may) read all of your answers! (I know AJ will.)

Reveal hidden contents

1. I mean we beat Halifax so I guess that means we are building momentum
2. Possibly, although it may be tough on my schedule
3. Florida having a hockey team just feels weird
4. Penguins because they are my favorite team
5. I think it may make more sense to have an MVP award just for the finals so that both the most valuable playoff and Stanley Cup winning player could be recognized
6. Brisket, Ribs, Pulled Pork, and Corn on the Cob

16 hours ago, Vice said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

We had that great run winning 9/10 👏.

Ww had 

I was a VHL GM for 5 seasons, then retired and never held another league job since lol

🔥3.  I hate that panthers won.  😒 

16 hours ago, Vice said:
  Reveal hidden contents

🔥4. Who's your long shot guess for the next Stanley Cup and why? Long shot..... the leafs. No longer shot then them. 

No there doesn't need to be a separate one.  Bobrovsky would've won if he hadn't collapsed in the Oilers comeback. 

I dont even know what collards are other than from movies.

We do sprayed chicken on a charcoal pit.  Chicken legs sprayed with butter vinegar snd Salt. 70 chicken legs  🦵 😋 

To claim TPE:

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by Jubis

🔥1. We're sitting nice and pretty in the middle of the pack at the moment in 5th place overall! Do you think we're gonna pick up some momentum going into the later part of the regular season, or are we just saving ourselves for when it matters?

🔥2. Our dearly-beloved, glorious and fearless leader GM @AJW announced a potential retirement after the season is done. Do you think you'd ever be interested in becoming a GM yourself? If you are one already, where do you go from here?

🔥3.

Reveal hidden contents

🔥4. Who's your long shot guess for the next Stanley Cup and why?

🔥5. The Conn Smythe trophy (MVP of the Playoffs) was awarded to Connor McDavid, despite being on the losing team. Do you think there should be a separate award for the best non-winning player in addition to the Conn Smythe? 

🔥6. Being from the South, when I say Barbecue, I mean Brisket, Ribs, Collards, etc. But it can mean something different to everyone! So what is your ideal backyard barbecue?

1. I think as we update, especially this lazy defenseman, we will pick up steam. Lacking elite defense play surely hurts.

2. Not here. Don’t have time. But GMing is a fun challenge and AJ seems to be doing an excellent job. 
3. Yay… don’t really care.

4. Dallas Stars…. Why not?

5. I think the MVP in a 7 game series can be from any team. I guess he was a big reason the series went to 7 games. And I still don’t care about NHL.

6. A backyard barbecue includes hamburgers. Brisket is elite, but I don’t consider that backyard barbecue food. (Maybe the people whose backyards I’ve visited aren’t good enough cooks.) Being from southeast Texas, occasionally super charred chicken is featured in the barbecues of the backyards

1.  I think we are going to pick up momentum

2. I will never be interested in being a GM

3. Let's Go Florida won

4. I think it's the Detroit Red Wings because they just resigned Patrick Kane

5. Yes I think there should be an award or awards for players of the losing team 

6. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Steak, Ribs, Chicken

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this weeks Houston Bulls Presser! Getting to the end here folks! Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending July 7th, here are your questions!

🔥1. It's been a great season so far but it's coming to an end quickly! Are you headed back to the minors for another season after this or do you think you'll be ready to go up to the E? (200 TPE)

🔥2. What is your playoff superstition since we'll be headed to the playoffs here shortly? Do you stop shaving? Never wash your jersey?

🔥3. Almost 1 Billion in contracts went out during the first day of NHL free agency, did your team make any big moves?

🔥4. Talk about not letting it rain on your parade, the Panthers had their celebration parade in the middle of a storm and it was quite nice! Would you go to a celebration in a storm if your preferred team won?

🔥5. Take this opportunity to admonish me for getting this out late. I deserve it.

🔥6. What is your food hill that you will die on to defend? I insist to this day that a hotdog is just a form of sandwich.

To claim TPE:

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

9 minutes ago, Vice said:

🔥6. What is your food hill that you will die on to defend? I insist to this day that a hotdog is just a form of sandwich.

I'm just here to die on the Pineapple Pizza Hill.  Pineapple absolutely belongs on pizza and anyone who says otherwise has confused tastebuds.  
Hawaiian Pizza GIF by BuzzFeed

Good luck in the playoffs Houston!

1.  I looked at my TPE and I think I will still be in the VHLM. 

2. I don't have a playoff superstition. 

3. Yes I think my team did good in free agency. We got Pat Maroon for 1 year at 1.3 million

4. If Seattle won a cup I would try to go. If Chicago won a cup I wouldn't be able to go. 

5. Why did you get this press conference out late, were you doing something to make you forget? 

6. I don't have a food hill I die on because I try to say out of arguments like that.

1. I think it will be another season in the VHLM for LaClapbomb to reach the 200 TPE mark.

2. The playoff beard is a symbol of the playoffs for me.

3. The Leafs had a solid start, Chris Tanev, Hakanpaa, OEL, and Stolarz are all solid players but nothing crazy.

4. Hell yeah, I would go even if the world was ending

5. No worries about the late press conf, life happens.

6. Pineapple is a fantastic fruit, one of my favourites perhaps, but... take it OFF MY PIZZA. 

On 7/2/2024 at 2:55 PM, Vice said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this weeks Houston Bulls Presser! Getting to the end here folks! Please answer each question to your best ability.

🔥1. It's been a great season so far but it's coming to an end quickly! Are you headed back to the minors for another season after this or do you think you'll be ready to go up to the E? (200 TPE)

🔥2. What is your playoff superstition since we'll be headed to the playoffs here shortly? Do you stop shaving? Never wash your jersey?

🔥3. Almost 1 Billion in contracts went out during the first day of NHL free agency, did your team make any big moves?

🔥4. Talk about not letting it rain on your parade, the Panthers had their celebration parade in the middle of a storm and it was quite nice! Would you go to a celebration in a storm if your preferred team won?

🔥5. Take this opportunity to admonish me for getting this out late. I deserve it.

To claim TPE:

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

1. Im coming back for one last run I want my chance to show the league what Mcsnipe is all about.

2. Before every game I will stick my head in the shower and use very hot water to wash away all my thoughts.

3. Jake Debrusk which I am VERY happy with.

4. I would go to the vancouver canuck parade if the world was ending so yes I would.

5. you are fine do not fear

6. Banana is NOT a berry it just feel too wrong to be called a berry.

On 7/2/2024 at 4:55 PM, Vice said:

It's been a great season so far but it's coming to an end quickly! Are you headed back to the minors for another season after this or do you think you'll be ready to go up to the E? (200 TPE)

1. Looks like it will be another season in the M for me. 
2. I’m not superstitious. Just play good and hopefully win.

3 How many times do I have to tell you… lol. I don’t care about the NHL.

4. Probably not. Although I have had some great excitement and terrible letdown when my favorite team won or lost, I don’t think I’d travel to a parade even if it wasn’t raining.

5. You’re good. Sim League management isn’t easy. Procrastination is fun.

6. Tea should be sweetened but never flavored. 

On 7/2/2024 at 4:55 PM, Vice said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

1. Probably will still be down in the minors :)
2. This is my first go around with the playoffs so we will see if something develops
3. I don't follow the NHL or have a favorite team... so unfortunately no
4. For sure, I sat out in the heat when the Bucks won for their parade and rain>heat
5. It's okay Vice just make sure you update in the PBE :)
6. A hot dog is absolutely not a sandwich, that is blasphemy

On 7/2/2024 at 5:55 PM, Vice said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

it looks like the E but honestly love to play M again. 

Carry a four leaf clover bought on ebay 

🔥3. Almost 1 Billion in contracts went out during the first day of NHL free agency, did your team make any big moves? yes 2 big moves.  I like but hate the moves at the same time

I'll celebrate in any weather if my team wins again. 

Bad bad bad. Timeout you go!

Fruit does not belong on Pizza.  Secondly I'll go further and say veggies either. Only tomatoes get a pass !!@

To claim TPE:

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending July 14th, here are your questions!

🔥1. And that's all she wrote. We made it to the playoffs, but we fell short in 6 games. A fantastic effort all around, and some of you will be moving up to the VHLE next year...any words for the team since this might be the last Houston PC for some of you?

🔥2. Our dear GM and progenitor, @AJW and with him, I'll be stepping down as well. It's only fair that a new GM will get to hire their own AGM that will align with their plan. Now that you've had at least a years experience with the league, do you think you'd apply for an AGM or GM job (you can claim for TPE...)

🔥3. More signings happening around the NHL: did your team make a lot of moves in the offseason? If your team is in a different sport, how are they doing?

🔥4. Any cool summer/offseason plans?

🔥5. There are going to plenty more TPE opportunities in the offseason so be on the lookout for those! I will try my best to keep y'all updated on them in the LR while I'm able to. That said, any last minute questions we can clarify?

🔥6. What is the best food to beat the heat?

To claim TPE:

I'm proud of you all. Good luck in your careers and don't be a stranger! - Vice
🔥
🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

1. For all of the players that are leaving, I have had a great time getting to know all of you

2. I can't apply for GM or AGM because of my Social Security

3. I haven't kept up with anything after free agency day 1

4. No not really

5. I don't have any last-minute things I want to clarify

6. Ice Cream

1. Shame to be out so early but that's how she goes. For all of you departing thanks for a great season and I hope to see you again.

2. Thank you to AJ and Vice you guys did a fantastic job. I dont think I will as my life is too busy a the moment to add another responsibility to my plate.

3. Toronto didn't do too bad in FA couple nice defencemen but nothing crazy.

4. Just work 😑

5. All good from me

6. I had a slushie after working in the heat all day... that thing felt like I injected ice water straight into my veins

• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending July 28th, here are your questions!

🔥1. First off, a big welcome to @twists as our new GM! Say Hello! I know I said I would be leaving too, but I feel bad not having at least some transition with the new GM to make sure the Bulls are set up for success!

🔥2. The off-season is under way, but the TPE earning continues! Do you have anything that you're specifically trying to improve about your player?

🔥3. Is there a penalty in hockey that you feel is not enforced enough?

🔥4. If money was no object, what would be your ideal vacation?

🔥5. Who is your far too early pick for the MVP next year in the NHL? If you don't follow NHL, who's the far too early pick for MVP in the sport you follow?

🔥6. Celebrations almost always mean fantastic foods. What is your favorite celebration food? Cake? Pizza?

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I (may) read all of your answers! (I know twists will.)

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

1. Welcome Twists great to have you on board! 

2. I think generally just improving LaClapbombs stats is my plan he plays as a physical defenceman so I'm gonna keep him on that path.

3. NOT enforced enough?? I think the refs should stop turning the NHL into soccer and let the boys play.

4. I've always wanted to go on a European trip, rent a car in Scotland, drive across the channel, and spend a few days in as many different places as possible.

5. Lets be honest its gonna be McDavid... 😑

6. I would have to say cake, its a basic answer but it is the definitive celebration food to me.

1. Welcome Twists.

2. I don't have anything special.

3. All of the penalties in the NHL feel like they are not enforced enough. 

4. I do not know. 

5. My early NHL MVP is Patrick Kane.

6. My favorite celebration food is chicken nuggets.  

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending August 4th, here are your questions!

1. The VHLM draft is coming on Sunday! Are you excited?

2. How do you think the team will do this upcoming season?

3. I'm the GM for Team Europe in the WJC, will I be seeing your player there?

4. What is your favorite place in the world?

5. What team do you root for in the NHL and why?

6. Do you play any sports IRL? 

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I (may) read all of your answers! (I know twists will.)

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

1. Hell yeah! Can’t wait to see the fresh faces and new weapons to help make a push.

2. I think we have a great chance at the Cup, we have a good core and I believe in the team.

3. I don’t think I’ll be seeing you but I hope you win the silver behind Canada :)

4. My favourite place to visit ever was Rome such a beautiful city and so much history and culture. 10/10

5. Unfortunately I’m a Leafs fan, I started supporting them because I live near Toronto however I was naive and unaware of the mistake I made.

6. Not anymore but I’ve played Soccer and HS Football and 1 season of slow-pitch softball

• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending August 18th, here are your questions!

1. The season just started, what are your thoughts so far?

2. We've had a bit of a rocky start, what are your thoughts on what we can do to be better?

3. Are you excited to move up the the VHLE?

4. What is your favorite restaurant or type of food?

5. Who is your favorite musician? If you don't have one, what is your favorite song? 

6. If your player could play for any AHL team, which would it be?

To claim TPE:

🔥🐂Let's Go Bulls!🐂🔥

1. My thoughts about the season starting is, I hope it's a good one. 

2. Yeah we have had a rocky start, either tell Simon to let us win or pay off the simmers. (Both of these are a joke)

3. Maybe. 

4. My favorite restaurant is Arby's because I love the classic roast beef sandwich. 

5. My favorite song is I am weightless by septembre 

6. I don't watch AHL hockey so I couldn't play for any AHL team.  

1. The season just started, what are your thoughts so far? Hasn't been as great as I would have hoped, hopefully we can turn it around.

2. We've had a bit of a rocky start, what are your thoughts on what we can do to be better? I think we just have been a bit unlucky so far, so we just need to keep going.

3. Are you excited to move up the the VHLE? Very excited

4. What is your favorite restaurant or type of food? BBQ, fish fry, or mac n' cheese

5. Who is your favorite musician? If you don't have one, what is your favorite song? Mac Miller

6. If your player could play for any AHL team, which would it be?  Milwaukee Admirals