Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

Hello and thanks for having me here. I can see the question are prepared, so.. Let's get started, shall we?

1.  We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

- I think that we still show signs of development. However, the concrete is becoming to solidify and we are on our way to find a perfect groove as a team. I think that further training and getting used to our lines might do the trick.

-------------------------------

2. With our roster now set we do not need to add any new players to the team this season. What is the best feeling about being part of a full 12-6-2 roster? Are there any negatives you find?

- The best feeling about that is obviously the feeling of completion. I think that now, that we are complete, we are fully competent to show our overall qualities. Only negative aspect I'd mention is getting used to it, which may take a bit of time to achieve. But I believe in the team. We got a great spirit!

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

- I think they should be prepared for an immense amount of humor in the locker, haha. But I believe they will get used to it quickly, if they haven't done so yet. I would certainly recommend some places with minorities from abroad. Especially if they like food. I certainly do, hehe.

4. Playoffs are always in the back of my mind. Since drafting, trading, and signing each player this season, my goal is always to get to the playoffs. Looks like we got a good shot this season to make it! What is the one team you DO NOT want to go up against in the 1st round? VHLM playoffs take the top 8/10 teams in the league.

- I wouldn't like to go against Las Vegas.. Because I don't like Las Vegas. No offense to the residents, I just don't fancy the place. Anyway, if we turn out to go against them anyway, I will have to just.. Get through it, somehow. I think we have a good chance to perhaps surprise some teams in the play-offs!

5. I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, Freaky Fridays, etc... Which day of the week is your go to "event day"? Is there a day of the week where you have a routine meal or event?

- Oooo, from those mentioned, I would certainly choose Wine Wednesdays. Shame that we don't have a day of week starting with "B", cause I would use that one for beer drinking. Perhaps.. Thirsty Thursday?

6. It's GM day! I literally just made that up. For GM day you are required to give me something. This "something" can be anything! A unicycle? Sure! Some baby turtles and a tank for them to live in? Thank you very much! What is one thing you would like to give to me, your GM, if you could give me anything?

- A kitty named Bully, team jersey with "BEST GM" on the back and a hug, because you are awesome, man. Haha!

Thanks once again for having me, it was a pleasure!

See you next time!

-O

We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

With a lot of the moves being made recently to shake up the roster, and with the line changes, I'm confident that alone should be enough to get us back into winning form.

2. With our roster now set we do not need to add any new players to the team this season. What is the best feeling about being part of a full 12-6-2 roster? Are there any negatives you find?

No complaints here at all, of course. It seems like I'll be taking a backseat role here as I get moved back to second-line, but when you pitched me initially, it was for third-line so again -- I can't complain whatsoever. 

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I'm excited to explore! I'm used to Italian cuisine, then Halifax was a lot of fish, but that's too healthy for me. Give me some good ole fashioned BBQ please.

If it's BBQ he wants, I know a few spots to share! Maybe we'll see about getting a team dinner together downtown after Bucatini's debut.

4. Playoffs are always in the back of my mind. Since drafting, trading, and signing each player this season, my goal is always to get to the playoffs. Looks like we got a good shot this season to make it! What is the one team you DO NOT want to go up against in the 1st round? VHLM playoffs take the top 8/10 teams in the league.

I'm not so worried, honestly. As a late joiner, I don't have the highest TPE ever - but I made do with what TPE I had and performed, well, decnt. With a genuine first-line center joining, like Antonia, I feel a lot more confident about our playoff run.

5. I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, Freaky Fridays, etc... Which day of the week is your go to "event day"? Is there a day of the week where you have a routine meal or event?

Feels almost cheap to take an example that you provided, but Taco Tueday is a classic. It just can't be beat.

6. It's GM day! I literally just made that up. For GM day you are required to give me something. This "something" can be anything! A unicycle? Sure! Some baby turtles and a tank for them to live in? Thank you very much! What is one thing you would like to give to me, your GM, if you could give me anything? 

I'll make sure to get you a championship in return so it looks like I'll have to put your GM Day gift on hold for now - might have to be a while before I can get that to you.

2 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Trade Deadline is upon us and playoffs are coming quick. The Bulls have seen a slight drop-off in recent performance but with a few new additions we hope to make a solid run this season! Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six questions for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Feb 11th, here are your questions!

1.  We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

2. With our roster now set we do not need to add any new players to the team this season. What is the best feeling about being part of a full 12-6-2 roster? Are there any negatives you find?

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

4. Playoffs are always in the back of my mind. Since drafting, trading, and signing each player this season, my goal is always to get to the playoffs. Looks like we got a good shot this season to make it! What is the one team you DO NOT want to go up against in the 1st round? VHLM playoffs take the top 8/10 teams in the league.

5. I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, Freaky Fridays, etc... Which day of the week is your go to "event day"? Is there a day of the week where you have a routine meal or event?

6. It's GM day! I literally just made that up. For GM day you are required to give me something. This "something" can be anything! A unicycle? Sure! Some baby turtles and a tank for them to live in? Thank you very much! What is one thing you would like to give to me, your GM, if you could give me anything? 

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Build chemistry, we had a lot of new arrivals

2. We're missing 2 D's to round out all other bots than the Superbot

3. We're a team that's just rolling along toward playoffs, moral will be super high come playoff time

4. There are no team I do not want to play against, we are THE team that nobody wants to play against come playoffs

5. I always thought Fridays were F'ed up Fridays where you drink and play games with friends?

6. an early future scope of GM @AJW lifting the Cup on top of their head 

1. We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

I think we just need to stick with it, don't change too much, don't panic, don't get demoralized-- just keep doing what has worked for us and what will keep us moving toward our ultimate goal which is a Founder's Cup.  I think if we do this, keep working hard to develop, the results will come. And with some new additions, I think we'll have an even better chance of that.

The best part of being on a full roster is that we have such a deep and exciting team.  Even if you have an off night, you can trust that another teammate will pick up the slack.  It's just exciting to think of where we could go with this roster. We've got some incredible personalities and amazing talents on this team and I'm happy and proud to be on this team.  One tradeoff of having a deep team is individually we might have to give up some ice time and maybe some opportunities to score more points.  I'm personally not bothered by that as the team success is more important to me, but everyone likes to play and score points so it is something you sacrifice for the greater good of the team.  It's worth it 100% in my opinion.

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

Every time I turn around, it seems AJ is making another roster move and making this team better, it's unreal!  I'm super excited to have these new players join our team and to get to know them in the locker room.  Houston is a great city and an awesome place to live.  The food scene in Houston is unreal so they definitely need to try that.  One of my favorite spots is the old Houston Post.  There's some great food vendors in there, and you can go on the roof of the building to get a great view of the downtown.  It's also next to 713 Music Hall where you can catch some live music, there's always good acts coming through.  In terms of our team, if you're looking for a drinking buddy, Vencko @Mutti is the guy, lol.  In all seriousness, we've got an awesome group of players who have been really supportive of one another and working together towards the same goal all season. It's a great locker room and I'm sure the new players will fit right in.  

4. Playoffs are always in the back of my mind. Since drafting, trading, and signing each player this season, my goal is always to get to the playoffs. Looks like we got a good shot this season to make it! What is the one team you DO NOT want to go up against in the 1st round? VHLM playoffs take the top 8/10 teams in the league.

It's gotta be San Diego. I think we're like 1-7 against them this year, they've just had our number all season long.  However, we did beat them yesterday so that's a nice confidence boost to just prove to ourselves that we can do it.  If we end up meeting them in the playoffs, I say, bring 'em on!  I really do think we have a good shot against any team in the league.

We don't have a fun alliterative name for it yet, but I go out with a group of friends most Friday nights-- Friends Friday I guess lol. We always try new places and sometimes we go see some live music.  It's always something to look forward to at the end of the week and we've got a great group of friends.

I would give you a mixtape of my top 10 favorite songs that I think everyone should listen to-- yes, a literal cassette tape.  I'll throw in a small cassette player so you can actually listen to the thing. It's just kind of a fun nostalgic thing I like to do, but I've got this tape recorder that I use to write cassette tapes with digital music because I just love the analog sound of cassettes and the ritual of putting it in the cassette player, fast-forwarding and rewinding, even the funny little warbles you get with warped cassettes.  My parents had a big cassette collection that I listened to growing up so I've always had a soft spot for them even though everything is easier in digital.

1 minute ago, LucyXpher said:

1. We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

I think we just need to stick with it, don't change too much, don't panic, don't get demoralized-- just keep doing what has worked for us and what will keep us moving toward our ultimate goal which is a Founder's Cup.  I think if we do this, keep working hard to develop, the results will come. And with some new additions, I think we'll have an even better chance of that.

The best part of being on a full roster is that we have such a deep and exciting team.  Even if you have an off night, you can trust that another teammate will pick up the slack.  It's just exciting to think of where we could go with this roster. We've got some incredible personalities and amazing talents on this team and I'm happy and proud to be on this team.  One tradeoff of having a deep team is individually we might have to give up some ice time and maybe some opportunities to score more points.  I'm personally not bothered by that as the team success is more important to me, but everyone likes to play and score points so it is something you sacrifice for the greater good of the team.  It's worth it 100% in my opinion.

Every time I turn around, it seems AJ is making another roster move and making this team better, it's unreal!  I'm super excited to have these new players join our team and to get to know them in the locker room.  Houston is a great city and an awesome place to live.  The food scene in Houston is unreal so they definitely need to try that.  One of my favorite spots is the old Houston Post.  There's some great food vendors in there, and you can go on the roof of the building to get a great view of the downtown.  It's also next to 713 Music Hall where you can catch some live music, there's always good acts coming through.  In terms of our team, if you're looking for a drinking buddy, Vencko @Mutti is the guy, lol.  In all seriousness, we've got an awesome group of players who have been really supportive of one another and working together towards the same goal all season. It's a great locker room and I'm sure the new players will fit right in.  

It's gotta be San Diego. I think we're like 1-7 against them this year, they've just had our number all season long.  However, we did beat them yesterday so that's a nice confidence boost to just prove to ourselves that we can do it.  If we end up meeting them in the playoffs, I say, bring 'em on!  I really do think we have a good shot against any team in the league.

We don't have a fun alliterative name for it yet, but I go out with a group of friends most Friday nights-- Friends Friday I guess lol. We always try new places and sometimes we go see some live music.  It's always something to look forward to at the end of the week and we've got a great group of friends.

I would give you a mixtape of my top 10 favorite songs that I think everyone should listen to-- yes, a literal cassette tape.  I'll throw in a small cassette player so you can actually listen to the thing. It's just kind of a fun nostalgic thing I like to do, but I've got this tape recorder that I use to write cassette tapes with digital music because I just love the analog sound of cassettes and the ritual of putting it in the cassette player, fast-forwarding and rewinding, even the funny little warbles you get with warped cassettes.  My parents had a big cassette collection that I listened to growing up so I've always had a soft spot for them even though everything is easier in digital.

If you want to drink some beer, Czech goalie is the man to go to. :D

Cheers!

3 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Trade Deadline is upon us and playoffs are coming quick. The Bulls have seen a slight drop-off in recent performance but with a few new additions we hope to make a solid run this season! Please answer each question to your best ability.

3. Trade Deadline is here and Houston has two new faces joining us to complete our roster. @CowboyinAmerica was traded from Halifax and @KRZY signed from waivers, these two are fresh meat in the locker room. What is something these players should know about Houston and our team? Are there any cool spots in Houston you want them to know about?

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Coming in as a waiver at the deadline I’m not overly familiar with our roster quite yet but , Toby is ready to play hard and contribute to the team any way he can !

2.we have a lot of depth and everyone is fighting for a spot in the lineup and to prove they belong . The only downfall I can see is it’s hard to give everyone even playing time but that’s also not a bad thing at all .

3. Todd Cooke also played here when he was coming into the league he gave me a heads up about the locker room antics . He also suggested a couple of deadly steakhouses on Main Street !!

4. Philly and Miami both look like strong hard to beat teams this season 

5. I’m a sucker for taco Tuesday myself !

6.I’ll give you foam finger saying Houston is number 1 so you can cheer us on in the playoffs from the press box !!

5 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

I don't think there is much to change right now. We have a large quantity of players who haven't gotten time to familiarize with each other's way of playing. I think a little bit of patience on the group will bring results. 

With a full roster, we get a guaranty that everyone is used to their full potential without either being overplayed or pushed to play above the playtime they are able to sustain. It also makes every players want to push themself for better ice-time. 

First of all, extremely happy to see new players joining the team and be enthusiastic about helping us push the team closer to the top positions of the standings. As to what are the cool spots of Houston, well... I haven't been here a long time myself either but I do love to go check the multiple museum open around. I do also recommend to go check some of the smokehouse barbecue restaurants, they are a killer.

Honestly, I have a large fear of the Philly Reapers. Not only are they first overall right now by a far margin, but they also have some big scorers which leads them to having the best GDiff by almost +40 and I really don't think our chances against them in the playoffs would be the best. Right now in the season, we have a record of 2-3-1 against them with a -4 GDiff. 

My personal recurrent activity is to go with a close friend on every Saturday around 10:30am to a bagel shop that does really good bagels with plenty of different type of fillings in them.  

I have been a big collector of hockey cards for a few years after I picked up my dad's collection that he started in the late 70's or early 80's. With the fact that we are in a Hockey Club, I would probably give you a set of the collection.

5 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We aren't as good as we used to be, at least in the past 10 games played. 3-6-1 through our last 10 games, what do we need to do as a team to get back on the winning track?

I don't think there is much to change right now. We have a large quantity of players who haven't gotten time to familiarize with each other's way of playing. I think a little bit of patience on the group will bring results. 

With a full roster, we get a guaranty that everyone is used to their full potential without either being overplayed or pushed to play above the playtime they are able to sustain. It also makes every players want to push themself for better ice-time. 

First of all, extremely happy to see new players joining the team and be enthusiastic about helping us push the team closer to the top positions of the standings. As to what are the cool spots of Houston, well... I haven't been here a long time myself either but I do love to go check the multiple museum open around. I do also recommend to go check some of the smokehouse barbecue restaurants, they are a killer.

Honestly, I have a large fear of the Philly Reapers. Not only are they first overall right now by a far margin, but they also have some big scorers which leads them to having the best GDiff by almost +40 and I really don't think our chances against them in the playoffs would be the best. Right now in the season, we have a record of 2-3-1 against them with a -4 GDiff. 

My personal recurrent activity is to go with a close friend on every Saturday around 10:30am to a bagel shop that does really good bagels with plenty of different type of fillings in them.  

I have been a big collector of hockey cards for a few years after I picked up my dad's collection that he started in the late 70's or early 80's. With the fact that we are in a Hockey Club, I would probably give you a set of the collection.

-- I think we just need to get our rhythm back, with adding so many new people things just need time to get back to where they were. I think we should be able to make it back to where we were soon.

--I feel like it keeps everybody well rested and able to play at their best each game but I do miss the ice time a bit.  I went from averaging like 25-30 mins a game down to 15ish. Its a bit easier on the body though.

-- After each game I like to go to get some barbeque, there's quite a few good places I'll go that are only a few blocks from the Arena. The team likes to go out after practice to loosen up and have fun after our long practices.

-- I really don't want to face Vegas, them being first seed and all they've been have a great season and I don't know if that would work out well for us especially in the first round.

-- I like doing a Spaghetti Sunday, I invite whoever wants to come over to my place to eat as much spaghetti as possible. The nutritionist might not like the sound of all those carbs but I sure as hell do!

-- I think I would get the GM a nice bottle of Bourbon and maybe some cigars. To be fair they run things around here and I'm sure those two would help deal with some of the stress especially from me taking all those penalties.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:08 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We need to get focused on playing good hockey as well as just keeping our heads down and working hard.

2. There is no need to add any players at this point in the season we just need to let everything work itself out. The best thing about being in a full roster is the fact that you get enough ice  time but so much that you get dead tired after every shift.

3. I think our new friends should know that Houston has a great environment surrounding the team.

4. I do not want to go up against the Marlins because they have been our Achilles heel all season.

5. Taco Tuesdays has to be everyone's go to "event day".

6. As your AGM I will be giving you a random player i found who is definitely inactive but is worth a shot at going after🤣, also I feel like I should be entitled to a gift as well because AGM is a GM position kind of.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:08 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Just need to execute better.

2. I think we are doing great. It's nice cause nobody is tired.

3. Houston is the best team and no other team is better than us :)

4. San Diego. AHH

5. honestly idk

6. I'll get u a ticket to the Houston Space Center tour

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! It's almost playoffs!! This week the Houston Bulls finish the S92 regular season and hope to make their mark in the S92 playoffs. I got busy with school to start my week but I'm typing away now. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Feb 18th, here are your questions!

1.  The regular season is almost done and playoffs are just around the corner. What is your favourite thing about playoffs? What is your least favourite?

2. On the topic of playoffs, Houston is projected to finish this season 4th-6th place in the VHLM standings. What does walking into the first round of playoffs as a 'middle of the pack' team mean? Are we underdogs? Are we just a first round exit?

3. How was this season in the VHLM for you/your player? Were there any milestones reached? Any goals set that you accomplished?

4. The Houston Bulls are hosting a charity event where fans and community members can purchase their tickets to this weekend's "Bulls in the Spotlight". Each player on the team must perform a song of choice and sing it to the crowd... what song is your player choosing to sing?

5. The charity event was a smash hit (pretend we are in the future)! We raised so much money that we could buy every bitcoin ever invented, we're RICH rich!! With unlimited money in the bank account, what should the team spend all this money on? A new arena? Team private jet? A 10ft tall statue of your favourite GM (me)?

6. Last but not least, it's Valentine's Day on February 14th. I will personally be studying for my midterm while eating chocolates alone, what will you be doing for Cupid day?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1 minute ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! It's almost playoffs!! This week the Houston Bulls finish the S92 regular season and hope to make their mark in the S92 playoffs. I got busy with school to start my week but I'm typing away now. Please answer each question to your best ability.

1.  The regular season is almost done and playoffs are just around the corner. What is your favourite thing about playoffs? What is your least favourite?

2. On the topic of playoffs, Houston is projected to finish this season 4th-6th place in the VHLM standings. What does walking into the first round of playoffs as a 'middle of the pack' team mean? Are we underdogs? Are we just a first round exit?

3. How was this season in the VHLM for you/your player? Were there any milestones reached? Any goals set that you accomplished?

4. The Houston Bulls are hosting a charity event where fans and community members can purchase their tickets to this weekend's "Bulls in the Spotlight". Each player on the team must perform a song of choice and sing it to the crowd... what song is your player choosing to sing?

5. The charity event was a smash hit (pretend we are in the future)! We raised so much money that we could buy every bitcoin ever invented, we're RICH rich!! With unlimited money in the bank account, what should the team spend all this money on? A new arena? Team private jet? A 10ft tall statue of your favourite GM (me)?

6. Last but not least, it's Valentine's Day on February 14th. I will personally be studying for my midterm while eating chocolates alone, what will you be doing for Cupid day?

1. You can just feel the energy in the room. Sure there's pressure, but I'd rather play a playoff game with high stakes than a random Game 52 any day.

2. I do think this season's so weird because of the steady influx of players and how much teams have grown over time. I think we're probably seen as the underdog, but I also think we're peaking in terms of talent level at just the right time.

3. It's been solid. I didn't really have any goals honestly, just been along for the ride. A title win would make me happier than anything else, and I hope that's coming soon.

4. You gotta have something that gets the crowd hyped, that gets them moving and ready to open up those pocketbooks. It's Dancing Queen by Abba for me, everybody loves that one.

5. Not to argue with the premise of the question, but just want to get this straight: We had a fundraiser for charity, and the suggestion to use the charity money is a 10 foot statue of the GM? Please hold, just need to get the IRS real quick on line two...

6. I do like chocolates. The partner works Thursday but is off Friday, so Valentine's itself will be pizza and a movie at home, but then we're going out for a nice dinner the next night where we can relax a bit more (and probably will have a better time with the normal menu and not waiting 30 minutes for an Uber too).

Hi, thank you for having me here! Let's have a look at the questions, shall we?

- I think both of those questions can be answered at once: The competetiveness. I love the energy it gives the players to play their best game.. At the same time, it can lead to a huge letdown, when you give it everything and it ends up badly. This, however, won't be the case for us, I am sure. We just need to stay focused. We will show the league what it feels like to be a stubborn Bull, haha!

--------

2. On the topic of playoffs, Houston is projected to finish this season 4th-6th place in the VHLM standings. What does walking into the first round of playoffs as a 'middle of the pack' team mean? Are we underdogs? Are we just a first round exit?

- I think we are very competitive and that we can show everyone how capable we truly are! I don't think we'll exit in the first round.

--------

3. How was this season in the VHLM for you/your player? Were there any milestones reached? Any goals set that you accomplished?

- It was amazing! I've met a lot of incredible people, who were just an exceptional support between the games. And talking about goals.. Well.. I try not to let many of them go into my net, haha. But I recorded a shutout, which is really pleasant for me. It is also an achievement of my teammates, without whom I couln't be able to do that. Now, winning the cup would be nice, haha!

--------

4. The Houston Bulls are hosting a charity event where fans and community members can purchase their tickets to this weekend's "Bulls in the Spotlight". Each player on the team must perform a song of choice and sing it to the crowd... what song is your player choosing to sing?

- Oh.. That's a tough one. I can't really sing.. But I would prolly choose something from Depeche Mode. Precious or Enjoy the Silence.

--------

5. The charity event was a smash hit (pretend we are in the future)! We raised so much money that we could buy every bitcoin ever invented, we're RICH rich!! With unlimited money in the bank account, what should the team spend all this money on? A new arena? Team private jet? A 10ft tall statue of your favourite GM (me)?

- As a Czech, I only request an import of our beer. A lots of it. That's enough to satisfy me.

--------

6. Last but not least, it's Valentine's Day on February 14th. I will personally be studying for my midterm while eating chocolates alone, what will you be doing for Cupid day?

- I would be with my girlfriend if I could but.. Unfortunately it isn't possible. But it is no biggie as we.. Don't really celebrate that holiday. We like to express love on the 1 May more. Way closer to my Czech heritage. :)

--------

Thank you for the amazing questions! I appreciate every single one of them!

See ya in the play-offs!

-O

Playoffs are always exciting because it's where it all matters at the end of the day. Contending teams crumble, and underdogs play to their potential — to put it frankly, it's sports at it's best. Of course, with that comes heartbreak if your team loses or underperforms, so I can say that's something to dislike about the playoffs.

I think that, despite our record, we've proven ourself as more than just an 'underdog' team, despite our streakiness as of late. Come playoff time, I think that you could present a strong case for our being a competitive team. We're much better than the standings might suggest.

Given how late I joined into the season, it was pretty awesome. Lucy did an article just recently about midseason signings, and I topped that chart so I have to say I'm really happy with how my season has gone. My goals are more team-oriented, though, as that kinda stuff comes before my player success to me — so really I'm just hoping for a deep playoff push, even if we don't end up winning it all.

Might just have to freestyle — come up with something on a whim for the fans.

As the success is obviously attributed to my amazing freestyle, it's only fair to immortalize as a member of the Bulls. I want Tyler Lawson murals everywhere. 

Just so happens that a family member of mine has a birthday on Valentine's Day, so I'll most likely be spending my day with them, if not just out with some friends or something.

My favorite thing about playoffs is that it's a clean slate.  Sure, home ice advantage goes to to the higher ranked team, but once the second season starts, nobody cares how many wins you racked up in the regular season, or how many points you scored.  It's a brand new game and anyone who's in the dance has a chance. My least favorite part is the stress and the nerves, haha, I get way too nervous watching my team sometimes.  It's exciting, of course, but I'm just a nervous wreck...

2. On the topic of playoffs, Houston is projected to finish this season 4th-6th place in the VHLM standings. What does walking into the first round of playoffs as a 'middle of the pack' team mean? Are we underdogs? Are we just a first round exit?

We may not be the most intimidating team in terms of what our regular season record shows, but it's better that way.  I'd rather our opponents underestimate us and take us lightly than have them game planning every scenario.  Of course, I want our opposition to bring their best game-- gotta beat the best to be the best-- but I'd rather be underestimated and overperform than overestimated and underperform.  Less pressure that way...less nerves lol.

3. How was this season in the VHLM for you/your player? Were there any milestones reached? Any goals set that you accomplished?

It was a fun season!  The best part of it for me was watching our team grow week after week, everyone coming together and pulling towards the same goal.  We all kind of knew that we probably wouldn't win the regular season, but we've been preparing for playoffs the whole time.  In light of that, I'm happy with my individual performance.  My main goal was to help the team in any way I can, whether that means scoring points or shutting down the opposition.  Also, being a positive player in the locker room is important to me.  I don't want to be someone who gets overly fixated on my own personal success at the detriment of the team or too down when the team goes through a rough patch.  Sure, points are fun and recognition makes you feel nice, but I want to win a championship here in Houston, and everywhere I play for that matter, and on that front, we still have work to do.  

4. The Houston Bulls are hosting a charity event where fans and community members can purchase their tickets to this weekend's "Bulls in the Spotlight". Each player on the team must perform a song of choice and sing it to the crowd... what song is your player choosing to sing?

Wow, that is a good question!  I guess I'm an okay singer, I play a bit of guitar too, but singing in front of a big crowd is definitely something that gets the nerves going.  I think I'd probably sing Without Me by Halsey, but idk...  Way too many good songs and way too little singing talent on my end to do anything too crazy.  

5. The charity event was a smash hit (pretend we are in the future)! We raised so much money that we could buy every bitcoin ever invented, we're RICH rich!! With unlimited money in the bank account, what should the team spend all this money on? A new arena? Team private jet? A 10ft tall statue of your favourite GM (me)?

I have a hard time believing that the event was a smash success with me and Vencko singing, but whatever you say!  10ft statue?!?! Don't sell yourself short!  With unlimited money, we're building you something at least 100ft tall!  Think Colossus of Rhodes, but bigger!  Also, we're throwing a party and we're inviting everyone's favorite musicians/bands to play live, cost be damned.  Wait... wasn't this event for charity?  Maybe we should actually do the charity thing, start up a hockey program for kids in Houston who might not have the resources to play.  That would honestly be a lot of fun to be a part of, so yeah, let's do that.  Don't worry, @AJW, we'll still build your statue.  That's a non-negotiable.

6. Last but not least, it's Valentine's Day on February 14th. I will personally be studying for my midterm while eating chocolates alone, what will you be doing for Cupid day?

I've got class all day, ugh, but I've got a date tomorrow night! Wish me luck!

7 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Anything can happen in the playoffs, it's our time to shine. The worse is if you miss the playoffs

2. We're a dark horse for success

3. a minor stone in a mountain of climbing or should I say mining?

4. Diamonds - mining the rough

5. We fix world hunger, unlimited money makes unlimited food

6. work, life of a bachelor working adult

18 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

In the end, the playoffs is the most important thing of the entire season and it can lead to unimaginable joy of winning the Cup, but on the other end you can feel the biggest void and pain when losing. That's my favorite part of it.  For my least favorite though, I don't really know if I can say I don't like anything really but the quick rounds in 4 games is 1 thing I don't really love since it kills the thrill of the fight between contenders.

So far, I see our team as a unpredictable group as we can come out shooting or barely make it out the door, but I think if we can figure it out our team can become a force to be reckon with.

Jack's rookie season has been slow for what I hoped but he was just a pick-up partway through the season and I'm happy with the result for him as a 3rd line winger. My only goal is for him to help the team reach the final.

Weirdly enough, I don't think Jack would be allowed on stage to sing at a charity event if he chose a song from his favorite band. If we go with a song that would be played, I'm looking at "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World

PLEASE!! Get a new jet, I'm tired of having to travel all cramped up in a plane way too small for the team,

I'm currently out of my home country for work so I'm probably going to spend my day by myself in my room playing games and watching movie before making a long call at home when the girlfriend is back from work.

-- My favorite thing about the playoff is the atmosphere of the home games, the energy is so high throughout the entire run it always seems to help me play a bit better. My least favorite thing about the playoffs are the last possible game in  a series loss. Those kinds of losses are crushing knowing you let down your fans and thinking about that during the whole off season is pretty miserable. 

-- I feel like our team has the potential to pull off some underdog style playoff run. We've not been doing to bad the past couple of weeks hopefully we trend upwards the next few. 

-- I don't think I've reached any specific milestone other than at this point leading the league in penalty minutes. It may not be something to aspire towards but at least my name will be in the record book somewhere.

-- I think I would channel my inspiration from Wayne's World and preform Bohemian Rhapsody. It  was such an iconic movie and I think I could rope some of my teammates to help me out. 

-- I would like to see the team put back some of the money into the community maybe open up a roller hockey facility for the community and then maybe spend what's left over on some quality of life stuff for our support staff.

-- I'll be spending the majority of the day going to the gym, working, and then coming home to cook dinner for my girlfriend and I. 

On 2/13/2024 at 5:15 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think my favourite part of the playoffs is the competition and the drive you get to win that chip, but the beards are nice too.

2. Going into the playoffs as a "middle of the pack" team means that we can take advantage of other teams looking at us as easy pickings and whoop their buts.

3. The season I had was pretty much bang average but I'm hoping to heat up in the playoffs and go on a tear.

4. Easy Seven Nation Army I have listened to it enough time where I think I'm going to be fine.

5. If we were that rich I would do everything you listed plus add a statue of your favourite AGM.

6. Well for this cupid day I was at urgent care to get my thumb checked out after injuring it playing hockey don't worry its fine i just have to ice it and do some stretches with it.

On 2/13/2024 at 3:15 PM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Playoffs are always exciting I love the energy and the challenge that comes with trying to win a championship . My least favourite thing ? Well honestly I don’t really have one .

2. I think it means we’re overlooked and we’re coming into playoffs as a bit of an underdog with low expectations. That can however work to our advantage.

3. This season has been good in the VHLM I’ve gotten a taste of what Cook is capable of and I think I’ve established myself for the next draft !

4. Either Bulls on parade , or something fun and up beat like call me maybe !!

5. a new jet , an all expense paid vacation to a private island for the team in the off season , and pay everyone’s bills off 

6. Spending the day with my wife and kids !!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! It's playoffs baby! The Bulls are currently battling through the first round in hopes of making a second round appearance after exiting from the second round in last season's playoffs. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Feb 25th, here are your questions!

1. We made it to playoffs and we're doing pretty darn good! Houston currently leads San Diego 3-2 in our first round matchup. What are your thoughts on Houston's play through the first 5 games?

2. Goaltender Ondrej Vencko @Mutti has been a stud between the pipes for us this season and will start every game for Houston these playoffs. What kind of difference does having a hot goalie in net make? 

3. I know we're still in season, but I bet a lot of you still have the VHL and VHLE drafts in the backs of your heads! What team/What pick do you predict you will be drafted? Do you have any VHL or VHLE teams you'd prefer to go to?

4. VHLM playoffs are closer than we thought with each series needing 6 games minimum! Has there been any series which have surprised you? Did you predict the parity of matchups to be this good?

5. OUCH!! I stubbed my toe on the corner of my desk and I need the day off. The pain, the suffering... it's too immense. I told AGM @Nathan_8 to take over for the day and he wants to bag skate everyone?... WTF NATHAN!?!? We need to figure out a plan to get revenge on him for his tyrant actions. What prank/revenge act are you and the team pulling on our AGM for making everyone bag skate?

6. It's reading week in Canada for most universities and a lot of people are making me jealous while on their vacations. It's probably daddy's money I get it, but still, I want a Miami Vice under the Cuban sun right now! If you could pack your bags this week for vacation where would you like to go?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

Hey, thanks for having me here!

1. We made it to playoffs and we're doing pretty darn good! Houston currently leads San Diego 3-2 in our first round matchup. What are your thoughts on Houston's play through the first 5 games?

- I think we may be a big surprise for some. We definitely aren't giving up anything. And I am sure that we still have a lot to show in the playoffs!

--------------

2. Goaltender Ondrej Vencko @Mutti has been a stud between the pipes for us this season and will start every game for Houston these playoffs. What kind of difference does having a hot goalie in net make? 

- Well, thanks! :D I hope that it makes at least some difference, I enjoy goaltending for this team! You guys are spectacular!

--------------

3. I know we're still in season, but I bet a lot of you still have the VHL and VHLE drafts in the backs of your heads! What team/What pick do you predict you will be drafted? Do you have any VHL or VHLE teams you'd prefer to go to?

- To be honest, I keep my head clean from this. I had some talks with some GMs but.. I think I won't mind any team at all. The future is bright!

--------------

4. VHLM playoffs are closer than we thought with each series needing 6 games minimum! Has there been any series which have surprised you? Did you predict the parity of matchups to be this good?

- I think that our series with San Diego has been a very nice surprise. It is a thrilling series with two great teams, I have a huge respect for them and I am glad we could face them in the first round!

--------------

5. OUCH!! I stubbed my toe on the corner of my desk and I need the day off. The pain, the suffering... it's too immense. I told AGM @Nathan_8 to take over for the day and he wants to bag skate everyone?... WTF NATHAN!?!? We need to figure out a plan to get revenge on him for his tyrant actions. What prank/revenge act are you and the team pulling on our AGM for making everyone bag skate?

- Put a bag over his head and push him downhill in a shopping cart! :D Nah, prolly sth softer. I would like to pull a prank on him, not kill him. So I guess.. Good ol' cake in the face?

--------------

6. It's reading week in Canada for most universities and a lot of people are making me jealous while on their vacations. It's probably daddy's money I get it, but still, I want a Miami Vice under the Cuban sun right now! If you could pack your bags this week for vacation where would you like to go?

- The Netherlands, Amsterdam to be exact. With my GF. That's our dream destination!

--------------

Thanks to AJ for having me here at this conference!

Take care!

-O

1. We made it to playoffs and we're doing pretty darn good! Houston currently leads San Diego 3-2 in our first round matchup. What are your thoughts on Houston's play through the first 5 games?

- A: I like the way we're playing! I think our depth is going to come in clutch as the series goes on and as long as we can continue to shut down their scorers, we should be able to find a way to win one more game.  Vencko has been unreal in this series too so he is also a huge part of our success so far.

2. Goaltender Ondrej Vencko @Mutti has been a stud between the pipes for us this season and will start every game for Houston these playoffs. What kind of difference does having a hot goalie in net make? 

- A: It can make all the difference! Just look at Philly and how much of an impact their goalie has made.  On paper, Philly should not be THE top team, but they have the best goalie in the league in Lovstrom @Pifferfishand that has really given the team confidence in front of him.  I think Vencko has been doing that for us lately too, but we actually have an incredible team top to bottom so I like our chances!

3. I know we're still in season, but I bet a lot of you still have the VHL and VHLE drafts in the backs of your heads! What team/What pick do you predict you will be drafted? Do you have any VHL or VHLE teams you'd prefer to go to?

- A: I don't like this question because I don't want to predict where I go in the draft 🙈, there are so many good players that deserve to get picked so whatever number I land at will be awesome!  There are a few teams I really like (Helsinki, Malmo, and Seattle are probably my top 3, I also like Vasteras in the VHLE), but I'd honestly be happy to join any team that wants me.  The odds I end up on the team I would chose for myself are pretty low so it's not something I'm really concerned with.  No matter what happens, it's going to be exciting!

4. VHLM playoffs are closer than we thought with each series needing 6 games minimum! Has there been any series which have surprised you? Did you predict the parity of matchups to be this good?

- A: I expected Saskatoon to give Philly a better fight than some might have predicted, on paper these teams are actually pretty evenly matched, except for Philly's goaltending which is a clear advantage.  Ottawa has done well to win a couple games as well! I predicted Vegas would take care of them in 5 games, but they've shown some great resilience and it's been fun to watch!  As for Mexico and Miami, that is a super close series that I still think will go 7 games.  Our series against San Diego, as well, has been pretty close.  I like our chances of closing out at home, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see it go 7.  San Diego is a good team too and we're definitely not looking past them even though we were up 3-1.  

5. OUCH!! I stubbed my toe on the corner of my desk and I need the day off. The pain, the suffering... it's too immense. I told AGM @Nathan_8 to take over for the day and he wants to bag skate everyone?... WTF NATHAN!?!? We need to figure out a plan to get revenge on him for his tyrant actions. What prank/revenge act are you and the team pulling on our AGM for making everyone bag skate?

- A: I call this prank "The Mysterious Fish" lol.  Here's what we do: Nathan leaves his car keys on his desk quite often when he's at the arena so we could quickly borrow them and hide a fish in his car.  It gets pretty hot in Houston so his car is not gonna smell nice if he doesn't find it quick.  And when he does find it, we could leave a little sign on the fish for him to find that says SDM.  

6. It's reading week in Canada for most universities and a lot of people are making me jealous while on their vacations. It's probably daddy's money I get it, but still, I want a Miami Vice under the Cuban sun right now! If you could pack your bags this week for vacation where would you like to go?

- A: I've got two more weeks 'til reading break, but for a week long vacation I'd love to go check out London, England.  I've never been there (except  flying through Heathrow) and I'd love to actually just visit the city for a week for a change of scenery! I'm not the biggest fan of beach vacations because I always get a bit stir crazy.  They're fun for a couple days, but then I want to do something.  Plus, it's stupid hot here a lot of the year so I don't really feel the need to go on a warm vacation lol.

02/25/24

Edited by LucyXpher