Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

1 hour ago, der meister said:

I had two different people from the electric company come by to look at a dead tree I have in my front yard that is right up against the power lines. Both of them said that it's my responsibility and they wouldn't do anything about it. I called the town since the tree is right on the edge of their property, so to speak, and they said that the electric company should do it because it's up against the power lines. You don't work for NYSEG do you? 🤣

Unfortunately no, lol. I work for a private contractor tree company in Connecticut. Though that is a bit odd, we usually call trees against lines and such our problem not the customers. Sounds like your power company and town don't get along!

1 hour ago, Fradin99 said:

Unfortunately no, lol. I work for a private contractor tree company in Connecticut. Though that is a bit odd, we usually call trees against lines and such our problem not the customers. Sounds like your power company and town don't get along!

Nobody gets along with NYSEG 😂 

1. The time has come, trade deadline is here and players can recreate for the S95 draft. With that being said, a new Right Winger joins Houston! Konstyantyn Shevchenko comes from Ukraine and is looking to add to our playoff push! How is Houston looking now heading towards playoffs? We currently are tied with Saskatoon for 1st in the Western Conference.
It's always dope to have new players sign with us right before the deadlines! IT's just dope to have more players with us in general! I think we have a real good shot of sniping this cup out from everyone's feet!

2. Hulk Smash just recently got engaged! Congrats brother! Of course we will all be invited to the wedding, what wedding gift are you bringing? As GM I am bringing season tickets for everyone that was invited.

Woo! I think I'm just gonna bring some good snacks. You'll always be running out of snacks especially until you get used to shopping for two full time!

3. Houston is cruising now! Less than 20 games to play and we still are fighting for 1st in the West. Playoff format follows as 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, and 4v5 by league overall. If playoffs started today, as 4th seed we would play 5th seed Las Vegas Aces. Is Vegas a team you do or do not want to face in the first round? Are there other teams you would prefer to play?

I think that that matchup would be our most advantageous. I think in this particular setup, we need to let some of the big boy teams have some bad luck runs with some underdog teams while we get matched with a team that we had a good record against.

4. I'm always itching for summer as it is my favourite season of the year and I don't have school to worry about. What are you most excited for this summer? I'm heading home to work on the water again and I am very excited for that.

I think just more time off class! Though really thinking about it, I'll have the same amount of classes just online now.

5. Houston is a southern state known for Space Exploration apparently. If you could travel through space where would you go? I'm heading out of the milky way to find aliens in other galaxies.

I would love to see what a black hole looks like in person. It wasn't until recently that we were able to visualize a black hole so I could only imagine what it would look like with the naked eye.

6. How has your week been? Anything exciting or fun happening lately? What do you have planned for this week?

No, though 4/20 is this week....heheh.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Playoffs are almost here and the Bulls are in full stride heading towards them. Houston hopes to have a deep playoff run this season and I am very excited to see what we can do! Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six questions for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Apr 28th, here are your questions!

1. Houston is on fire! With two games remaining in the season we are riding an 11 game win streak and look to fight till the end for 1st in the Western Conference. We have 94 points in 70 games, Saskatoon has 92 points in 69 games... Can Houston win the West this season?

2. How did you enjoy this season?... Was Houston a good fit for your player's development? Was this VHLM environment a fun one to be in? Is there anything you would like to suggest? 

3. What was your favourite part of this season?... Did you love watching yourself get drafted in the off-season? Did you enjoy any player success? Did you enjoy our team success the most?

4. With the season coming to a finish, who was our team's MVP? 

5. The NHL playoffs are underway and my Jets are making me stress already. Is your team in these playoffs? Who are you cheering for?

6. The NBA playoffs are underway as well and the MLB just started their season. Do you watch other sports outside of the NHL? I usually only do when playoffs come around.

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Houston is on fire! With two games remaining in the season we are riding an 11 game win streak and look to fight till the end for 1st in the Western Conference. We have 94 points in 70 games, Saskatoon has 92 points in 69 games... Can Houston win the West this season?

Not to sound too hopeful enough to jinx us but I did say cup or bust when I got here. I still stand by my words.

2. How did you enjoy this season?... Was Houston a good fit for your player's development? Was this VHLM environment a fun one to be in? Is there anything you would like to suggest? 

Oh yeah! I joined Houston hoping to fill a hole that I saw and it turns out that so far I was correct on that call!

3. What was your favourite part of this season?... Did you love watching yourself get drafted in the off-season? Did you enjoy any player success? Did you enjoy our team success the most?

As always playing in the M is very fun and always the biggest joy. Getting to see that quick spike from bad to good is always well worth it.

4. With the season coming to a finish, who was our team's MVP? 

Honestly, hard to say considering I got here halfway through the season...I defer to the rest of the team on this.

5. The NHL playoffs are underway and my Jets are making me stress already. Is your team in these playoffs? Who are you cheering for?

Panthers all the way!

6. The NBA playoffs are underway as well and the MLB just started their season. Do you watch other sports outside of the NHL? I usually only do when playoffs come around.

Not really, unless a Florida team makes it really far I don't really watch.

1. I think we are undoubtedly the hottest team in the league right now, with this momentum we own the West 100%.

2. Although I went through a slow start with San Diego my first season has been a blast. I think Houston has been great to play for, great community with lots of help and some funny characters. 

3. My favourite moment was being traded honestly, It really made me feel like part of the league not just another random player. Of course winning the cup would top it all.

4. Shoutout to everyone on the team for a great season but my vote goes to Benson, buddy's been an absolute brick wall in net.

5. Planning the Leafs parade right now.

6. Im a big sports fan, F1, NFL, MLB I watch it all 

1 - keep it going full steam. We absolutely can, but it doesn't matter if we don't win in the postseason 

2 - I think so. It's hard to fully answer since I joined late.

3 - I've had very little individual success - such is the nature of late season creation - but it's nice to see the team win.

4 - dunno. That one guy.

5 - nope. And nope. Any team that's in the playoffs is a team I hate. But if someone has to win, I'm pulling for Winnipeg.

6 - negative. And I barely watch the NHL. I think getting in bed with sports betting has ruined the product.

1. I believed we could and we came so close! We would have won the tie breaker if we had one more game on the schedule!

2. This was a great season and I-Smell is starting off his minor debut in style. He is a defender but has enjoyed passing and seeing our team score at a high rate. 

3. I enjoy cheering on my teammates and wish them. the best as they head to the draft. It is fun when the team only knows how to win!

4. It has to be our scorer Vice! 

5. I don't have a team, but the Dallas Stars is who I bet to win it all. I am sweating already as they are getting close to elimination it the first round!

6. NBA, MLB, NFL you name it! I watch it!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Playoffs are here, WOO!!!

Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending May 5th, here are your questions!

1. In the first round of the S93 VHLM playoffs, Houston defeated the Las Vegas Aces in 5 games to advance to the second round. What are your thoughts on this series and our wins?

2. Winning one round doesn't get you a trophy! In the second round we face the top team in the league, the Ottawa Lynx. How does it feel going into this series as underdogs? What are Houston's true chances of winning this series and advancing to the finals?

3. Playoff hockey is known to be a lot different from regular season hockey. With more physicality, competitiveness, and hunger to win, what is your favourite part of playoff hockey?

4. Some drafts will be coming up after this season! The VHL, VHLE and VHLM will all be holding drafts... have you been interviewed by GMs of other teams yet? Have you put any thought into your draft stock lately? If you have already been drafted, what team are you playing for next season?

5. In these VHLM playoffs, we are currently facing Ottawa. In the other series, Saskatoon faces Halifax. Who do you predict to win the other series? Saskatoon or Halifax?

6. I am finally on summer vacation! I just finished my second year of school after taking two years off. What should I do this summer? What do you like to do during your summer? Any fun things for me to try or do?

To claim TPE:

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1 - Took too long 

2 - Whoever wins this series wins it all. Tooth and nail.

3 - The lady who flashed the Caps when they won

4 - Big "nopes" across the board

5 - Doesn't matter. Either one will be our victim.

6 - I'm 40. I don't do fun and I don't get summers off. 😆

Edited by der meister

1. In the first round of the S93 VHLM playoffs, Houston defeated the Las Vegas Aces in 5 games to advance to the second round. What are your thoughts on this series and our wins?

I think we done an amazing job shitting on Las Vegas we dominated. 

2. Winning one round doesn't get you a trophy! In the second round we face the top team in the league, the Ottawa Lynx. How does it feel going into this series as underdogs? What are Houston's true chances of winning this series and advancing to the finals? We are buzzing right now we had a real good end to our season and I feel like we can take any team down right now

3. Playoff hockey is known to be a lot different from regular season hockey. With more physicality, competitiveness, and hunger to win, what is your favourite part of playoff hockey? The physicality is my favorite part everyone is playing their best hockey it’s fun to watch

4. Some drafts will be coming up after this season! The VHL, VHLE and VHLM will all be holding drafts... have you been interviewed by GMs of other teams yet? Have you put any thought into your draft stock lately? If you have already been drafted, what team are you playing for next season? Nah no gms reached out to me but I’m not worried I came into the VHLM undrafted so I wouldn’t be mad if it happed in the VHL as well

5. In these VHLM playoffs, we are currently facing Ottawa. In the other series, Saskatoon faces Halifax. Who do you predict to win the other series? Saskatoon or Halifax? I feel like Halifax will come out on top. The cape Bretoners in the stands will make it tough for any away teams!

6. I am finally on summer vacation! I just finished my second year of school after taking two years off. What should I do this summer? What do you like to do during your summer? Any fun things for me to try or do? I just got back from Florida and engaged to my girlfriend had an awesome time I suggest going somewhere on a trip and just relax and have a good time!

1. Gave up to many losses

2. no chance of a loss bulls in 7

3. favourite part is normalized big hits

4. already been drafted, I'll be playing in Rome next season

5. I believe Halifax has good chance to go to the final this year

6. I have a job so my summer is mostly working. Just take some nice free time and hang with family or friends

1. In the first round of the S93 VHLM playoffs, Houston defeated the Las Vegas Aces in 5 games to advance to the second round. What are your thoughts on this series and our wins?

I'm just grateful I got to join a stellar team and get some experience playing on a real team. I'm real eager to get playing in the E now.

2. Winning one round doesn't get you a trophy! In the second round we face the top team in the league, the Ottawa Lynx. How does it feel going into this series as underdogs? What are Houston's true chances of winning this series and advancing to the finals?

Well, 0 now.

3. Playoff hockey is known to be a lot different from regular season hockey. With more physicality, competitiveness, and hunger to win, what is your favourite part of playoff hockey?

I love the teamwork! Settin' up those quick shots and the rush you get from seeing the finished shots, just awesome.

4. Some drafts will be coming up after this season! The VHL, VHLE and VHLM will all be holding drafts... have you been interviewed by GMs of other teams yet? Have you put any thought into your draft stock lately? If you have already been drafted, what team are you playing for next season?

Not really my concern where I go in the draft. I just want to keep training and to win while I'm at it!

5. In these VHLM playoffs, we are currently facing Ottawa. In the other series, Saskatoon faces Halifax. Who do you predict to win the other series? Saskatoon or Halifax?

I did predict Halifax but Saskatoon pulled out the upset, happy for 'em.

6. I am finally on summer vacation! I just finished my second year of school after taking two years off. What should I do this summer? What do you like to do during your summer? Any fun things for me to try or do?

Definitely just take some time to relax and do nothing for a week or two. You've earned it!

1. The first round was the key moment for us in Houston. I would have rather beat Las Vegas than lose in the finals as Vegas is our rival and has a stinky user on that team :)

2. We can so close to winning and felt had we won the tie breaker our future might have been different and we would have won it all. But giving the top team all it could handle in game 7 was amazing. We can only go up from here.

3. The physicality and how it leads to competitiveness. Each go harder and the refs seem to be more lax on the rules so both teams bashing each other to see who is left standing makes the playoffs fun!

4. I am doing my best to go last in every draft I am eligible for! Wish me luck!

5. I thought Halifax would have won but who saw Saskatoon Wild win the series and go out on top. We should be there on top with the championship trophies instead.

6. You should travel and just enjoy the experience. Don't go looking to sight see, just enjoy the city as is and be a local!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Playoffs are here and the off-season is upon us. The Bulls had a great S93 and look to refuel for the next season! Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending May 12th, here are your questions!

1. That's a wrap! The S93 playoffs end with the Saskatoon Wild winning this season's Founder's Cup. What are your thoughts on Saskatoon's 4-0 series win against Ottawa? How would Houston have done if we had advanced?

2. How did your player do these playoffs? Did they come out of their shell from the regular season? Was it a quiet playoffs for your player?

3. Speaking of playoffs still, the NHL playoffs just finished their first round. Out of the remaining teams (New York R, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas, Boston, Florida, Edmonton, and Vancouver), which do you think has the best chance of winning the Stanley Cup?

4. The VHL off-season is just around the corner which gives not only your player, but everyone else a nice break of pace. What does your player do in their off-season? My player loves to start boozing around then.

5. I have been golfing so much lately that I decided to host a Houston Bulls Golf Tournament! All friends and family are invited, although I'm stuck on what the trophy will be... What should the winners of our golf tournament get? A trophy? $10 gazillion dollars?

6. I have also been using my bike a lot more lately (mainly because I bring my car to the shop tomorrow). Cardio sucks but I have always enjoyed bike riding. What is your favourite form of cardio if you had to choose one?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

Edited by AJW

I was wondering if I should do this or the generic one, but I'm tagged so this I shall do! :cheers:

1 - Honestly shocking, and it makes me doubt our chances of success.

2 - Meh. Pretty, pretty meh.

3 - Florida easily has the best chance. I hate all these teams, but as a Sabres fan, it would be nice to see either Mitts with the Avs or KO and Reino with the Cats.

4 - Based on the story arc, Shev is going to work hard and possibly run or be an employee of a hockey camp to send money back to his parents in Austria for their refugee foundation.

5 - A trophy that we let @BOOM design.

6 - Oh gods. There's only one right answer, and it's sweaty work, but almost always worth it.

Edited by der meister

1. How would Houston have done if we had advanced? Better than Ottawa that's certain.

2.It was an okay playoffs for LaClapbomb however there were some flashes of future success

3. I have the Rangers that team is too stacked to lose imo

4. LaClapbomb will play in the JST then he's going to his cryostasis chamber to hibernate until training camp.

5. $10 gazillion??? do we look like amateurs, $50 gazillion minimum!

6. Cardio?! I don't do that. But, if I had to choose I would say running while you're hammered is an experience. I highly suggest it.