Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! We are in the final week of scouting and making business deals before the VHLM draft this upcoming weekend! After a fun VHL draft I am excited for our team to fill right back up with promising young players. Last season was a boat load of fun and I can't wait to recreate it. Please answer each question to your best ability.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or six questions for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending Mar 17th, here are your questions!

1. The VHL draft wrapped up two nights ago and A LOT of Bulls got a phone call from a VHL GM. Which team drafted your player? What are your thoughts about your new future VHL home?

2. A trade was made last week! Charlie klepacki @chuck.hockey7 and Elf shoes @ELF_SH0ES join the team to create more of a core to our S94 roster. What should these two players know about Houston? What is something you want to tell the newcomers?

3. Herald Benson @Benson is CAPPED! A 200 TPA goaltender to start the season will help Houston a lot. What did it feel like for your player to finally hit the 200 VHLM TPA cap? Was it faster/slower than you expected?

4. Houston holds a 2nd round pick and two 4th round picks in the top 4 rounds of this draft. You could probably guess it but management is not relying on this draft, instead relying on the new members who join in weekly, waiver players. What in your eyes is the BEST kind of waiver player to walk through the door? Do they need to be a team player and active in the locker room? Do they just need to earn max TPE weekly? Maybe they have to have a lot of money to feed my gambling addiction?

5. The sun has been shining in my city lately and I think I'm getting a better liking for the season of spring. What is your favourite season? Personally I enjoy the heat of summer, having a pool or a lake close by is ideal.

6. On the topic of seasons changing, St. Patrick's Day is coming up! Do you celebrate the day? My university will be celebrating hard on Saturday and I will more than likely be joining.

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Player > Manage > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Press Conference! It is the first week of sims! I'm so excited to get started soon and have the index released, I hope everyone is ready to get this party started. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Mar 24th, here are your questions!

1. This week kicks off the start of the regular season with games beginning on Wednesday March 20th. What are you most excited about for this upcoming season?

2. Billy Joel @The goat of hockey, Filip Zinek @FiZi, Wladyslaw Mintus @mintusaurus and Cole Stermer @Bazeus join Houston after being drafted to the team! After completing the draft, how do you think our roster looks? (Click me to view roster)

3. With everyone on our team currently being an S93 player, which VHL and VHLE teams did you get drafted to? What is something you like about your future teams?

4. In the VHLM 2 games are simmed each day per team, meaning that in only 5 days we will have played 10 games! What do you predict our record will be after 10 games played?

5. The spring weather is coming and I am so happy to finally say goodbye to the snow! What activities/hobbies do you like to do in the spring? For me I like to start biking and roller blading more when the sun pokes out.

6. Welcome to S93 with the Houston Bulls. I'm pumped to get this season started! In 1-5 words, say anything to get fired up for the season to start, here's mine: "GO BULLS GO!"

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

Thank you to everyone who participates in these pressers, I read all of your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, AJW said:

1. This week kicks off the start of the regular season with games beginning on Wednesday March 20th. What are you most excited about for this upcoming season?

AGMing the team

2. Billy Joel @The goat of hockey, Filip Zinek @FiZi, Wladyslaw Mintus @mintusaurus and Cole Stermer @Bazeus join Houston after being drafted to the team! After completing the draft, how do you think our roster looks? (Click me to view roster)

pretty good, but it will only get better throughout the season

3. With everyone on our team currently being an S93 player, which VHL and VHLE teams did you get drafted to? What is something you like about your future teams?

I was drafted to Davos and the Express, I like how the Express are always contending and I like how by the time I get to Davos, their rebuild stage will be over and I can play with another great roster

4. In the VHLM 2 games are simmed each day per team, meaning that in only 5 days we will have played 10 games! What do you predict our record will be after 10 games played?

7-2-1

5. The spring weather is coming and I am so happy to finally say goodbye to the snow! What activities/hobbies do you like to do in the spring? For me I like to start biking and roller blading more when the sun pokes out.

I like playing Box lax through march - may in my free time I go on hikes with my buds

6. Welcome to S93 with the Houston Bulls. I'm pumped to get this season started! In 1-5 words, say anything to get fired up for the season to start, here's mine: "GO BULLS GO!"

Shiny new trophy for AJ

I think I am most excited to start seeing the team produce and where we can go.

2. Billy Joel @The goat of hockey, Filip Zinek @FiZi, Wladyslaw Mintus @mintusaurus and Cole Stermer @Bazeus join Houston after being drafted to the team! After completing the draft, how do you think our roster looks? (Click me to view roster)

It looks fantastic. Got a lot of people who can produce. Lets get it cookin'

3. With everyone on our team currently being an S93 player, which VHL and VHLE teams did you get drafted to? What is something you like about your future teams?

Looks like I got drafted by the Storm in the VHLE and the Wranglers in the VHL. I like bthanks oth teams from what I have seen so far. Both high compete and seem to know what they are doing.

4. In the VHLM 2 games are simmed each day per team, meaning that in only 5 days we will have played 10 games! What do you predict our record will be after 10 games played?

I reckon that we could be sitting at 6-3-1

5. The spring weather is coming and I am so happy to finally say goodbye to the snow! What activities/hobbies do you like to do in the spring? For me I like to start biking and roller blading more when the sun pokes out.

I like to miss the snow. Take my dog around on walks. Get some golf, or disc golf in. Riding my bike around the neighborhood. Grilling. All the usual activities. Also, playoff hockey starts soon.

6. Welcome to S93 with the Houston Bulls. I'm pumped to get this season started! In 1-5 words, say anything to get fired up for the season to start, here's mine: "GO BULLS GO!"

"Houston, we have Launch!"

On 3/11/2024 at 11:55 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! We are in the final week of scouting and making business deals before the VHLM draft this upcoming weekend! After a fun VHL draft I am excited for our team to fill right back up with promising young players. Last season was a boat load of fun and I can't wait to recreate it. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Mar 17th, here are your questions!

1. The VHL draft wrapped up two nights ago and A LOT of Bulls got a phone call from a VHL GM. Which team drafted your player? What are your thoughts about your new future VHL home? I went undrafted in the VHLM draft let alone the VHL. 

2. A trade was made last week! Charlie klepacki @chuck.hockey7 and Elf shoes @ELF_SH0ES join the team to create more of a core to our S94 roster. What should these two players know about Houston? What is something you want to tell the newcomers? Hello I am also a newcomer excited to play with them. 

3. Herald Benson @Benson is CAPPED! A 200 TPA goaltender to start the season will help Houston a lot. What did it feel like for your player to finally hit the 200 VHLM TPA cap? Was it faster/slower than you expected? It’s been a long while since I hit 200 tpe here lmao

4. Houston holds a 2nd round pick and two 4th round picks in the top 4 rounds of this draft. You could probably guess it but management is not relying on this draft, instead relying on the new members who join in weekly, waiver players. What in your eyes is the BEST kind of waiver player to walk through the door? Do they need to be a team player and active in the locker room? Do they just need to earn max TPE weekly? Maybe they have to have a lot of money to feed my gambling addiction? You found him! No one drafted me and now you signed me on. Seems like a good deal to me. 

5. The sun has been shining in my city lately and I think I'm getting a better liking for the season of spring. What is your favourite season? Personally I enjoy the heat of summer, having a pool or a lake close by is ideal. Summer I really enjoy going out in boat and heading to my cabin! And of course cod jigging

6. On the topic of seasons changing, St. Patrick's Day is coming up! Do you celebrate the day? My university will be celebrating hard on Saturday and I will more than likely be joining. i don’t really drink much these days but I definitely smoked my fair share of weed that day. 

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Press Conference! Through the first week of sims Houston rides a comfortable record and sits in the middle of the pack, just in the hunt for top of the league. There have already been a lot of close and exciting matchups so I'm pumped to see how the rest of the season plays out us. Please answer each question to your best ability.

1. The season has started! Through the first week of sims, how has your player been performing?

2. Houston has been playing some good hockey to kick start our season. What has been your player's go to pre-game meal/routine/ritual to get ready to play each game?

3. On the road can be a bore with all the travel time and just sitting around. When the team hops on the team bus or jet for games, what keeps you busy while traveling?

4. If you remember last week I asked how you think we would play in the first 10 games. Fast forward and we finished 6-4! What has been keeping us above a .500 record so far?

5. Houston needs defence! We left the draft only securing two and it shows on the stat sheet as our current defenders play a lot of minutes. Should management start considering trades? Should we wait until trade deadline? Should we hope for a waiver to sign? What would you do to sign another defender for the team?

6. Tell me something funny about growing up playing hockey (or make something up for your player). I remember when I was growing up playing I was at my teammate's house on the lake and they shovel the ice to skate on it. We were a little too excited to get started and the ice wasn't fully solid yet. I fell right through about 2 feet deep of water and was soaked.

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, AJW said:

1. The season has started! Through the first week of sims, how has your player been performing?

Extremely well, Billy Joels been a hitting and scoring machine

2. Houston has been playing some good hockey to kick start our season. What has been your player's go to pre-game meal/routine/ritual to get ready to play each game?

Pre game meal is chicken rice and broccoli, his routine is to play the piano, and his ritual is to sing piano man in the locker room

3. On the road can be a bore with all the travel time and just sitting around. When the team hops on the team bus or jet for games, what keeps you busy while traveling?

Playing the piano

4. If you remember last week I asked how you think we would play in the first 10 games. Fast forward and we finished 6-4! What has been keeping us above a .500 record so far?

Our insane goaltending and our mass amount of forwards

5. Houston needs defence! We left the draft only securing two and it shows on the stat sheet as our current defenders play a lot of minutes. Should management start considering trades? Should we wait until trade deadline? Should we hope for a waiver to sign? What would you do to sign another defender for the team?

think we should wait until we have a bigger sample of games

6. Tell me something funny about growing up playing hockey (or make something up for your player). I remember when I was growing up playing I was at my teammate's house on the lake and they shovel the ice to skate on it. We were a little too excited to get started and the ice wasn't fully solid yet. I fell right through about 2 feet deep of water and was soaked.

when I was 4 and learning to skate  I hyped myself up as the next great one so I jumped on to the ice  for the first time took 1 step and fell over and said "Mom its slippery!" true story

Just joining the team, I can see that we are very strong offensively and I certainly hope to only add to that potent offense. I'm looking forward to my first few games with the guys myself and I'm sure that we'll be able to keep the momentum moving forward.

Well you gotta load up on your protein and carbs before the game, so a dish called Loco Moco is what I like to make right before the game. It's just white rice, a hamburger patty, an egg and some brown gravy! Super simple, but very delicious and it gets me all the energy I need!

This is going to sound a bit cliche, but just a good ole hackeysack is all I need. Just enough for me to pass the time by passing it around to myself. I can bounce it off walls, people, chairs, you name it!

Like I said before, this time has a very potent offense and it shows! We out score our opponents by a lot when we win, and keep it close when we lose. The offense has to be a contributor to the game.

Man, they really roll the dice on waiting for waiver signings. But let's be real, they also picked me up off the waivers and I already know I'm going to be a star. I have a lot to prove, so I'll just let my skill speak for me on the ice.

I actually never learned to ice skate until pretty recently. Growing up in Florida, it's easier to come by a street rink for roller blades than it is an ice rink or practice arena. So I got scouted from a street hockey circuit instead of the traditional ice hockey path. All that said, I looked real dumb getting used to pucks instead of balls!

On 3/25/2024 at 10:26 AM, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Press Conference! Through the first week of sims Houston rides a comfortable record and sits in the middle of the pack, just in the hunt for top of the league. There have already been a lot of close and exciting matchups so I'm pumped to see how the rest of the season plays out us. Please answer each question to your best ability.

1. The season has started! Through the first week of sims, how has your player been performing? I have been pretty happy with Smashs production. As an undrafted player i think he has been doing great.

2. Houston has been playing some good hockey to kick start our season. What has been your player's go to pre-game meal/routine/ritual to get ready to play each game? Taco BEll

3. On the road can be a bore with all the travel time and just sitting around. When the team hops on the team bus or jet for games, what keeps you busy while traveling? I usually partake in a sim basketball league i am a part of called the SBA i spend my time updating my player and creating graphics.

4. If you remember last week I asked how you think we would play in the first 10 games. Fast forward and we finished 6-4! What has been keeping us above a .500 record so far? Our outstanding goaltender has been helping. Our coach/gm has also been good to us.

5. Houston needs defence! We left the draft only securing two and it shows on the stat sheet as our current defenders play a lot of minutes. Should management start considering trades? Should we wait until trade deadline? Should we hope for a waiver to sign? What would you do to sign another defender for the team? We will obviously hope to luck into the waiver wire but maybe the trade market could be the answer. 

All my stories are sorta inside jokes so most wouldnt find it too funny but it was funny when one of our defenders shit his clothes in middle school.   

L

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Press Conference! Through the first few weeks of sims Houston is buzzing around the top of the league with many players stepping up and contributing to our success. A couple recent double dubs have pushed us up there and it was been sweet. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Apr 7, here are your questions!

1. 19 wins so far this season! Only Halifax and Ottawa tie us for most wins in the league right now. How pleased are you with the team's play lately?

2. Yesterday was April Fool's Day! I'm sure you all got that @ members tag from Beketov... were you fooled as hard as I was?

3. As we all know Houston is allergic to signing defensemen this season as we have stuck with only Joel and Mintus on the blue line. I am officially confirming that Houston will be looking to trade for a third and potentially a fourth defender before Trade Deadline approaches. What do you look for in a good defenseman? What are the best attributes in your eyes for our blue liners?

4. We were able to sign a new center in the past week! Johnny Tsunami @Vice sits on our first line now taking faceoffs. Little does Tsunami know, we planned a surprise welcoming party to welcome the kid to Houston. What type of party is the team going to throw? I think we should go paintballing or something.

5. After our party for Tsunami's welcoming party, your GM has one more surprise for the team, we're going on vacation after this season!! Win or lose I'm going to spoil you, but we need a location. Where should the team go on vacation? Do we want fun in the sun? Do we want the snowy Nordic countries?

6. Easter weekend just passed, if you celebrate or not, how was your weekend?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

24 minutes ago, AJW said:

1. 19 wins so far this season! Only Halifax and Ottawa tie us for most wins in the league right now. How pleased are you with the team's play lately?

Extremely, considering our roster size we are absolutely DOMINATING 

2. Yesterday was April Fool's Day! I'm sure you all got that @ members tag from Beketov... were you fooled as hard as I was?

I was a bit confused when I saw it but after thinking it over I figured it was prob a joke. you for sure didnt AJ you should have gotten free TPE for caring about the league, and you should be appointed as treasurer 

3. As we all know Houston is allergic to signing defensemen this season as we have stuck with only Joel and Mintus on the blue line. I am officially confirming that Houston will be looking to trade for a third and potentially a fourth defender before Trade Deadline approaches. What do you look for in a good defenseman? What are the best attributes in your eyes for our blue liners?

Someone who can play both ends of the ice who has a good shot and pass as well as good poke check

4. We were able to sign a new center in the past week! Johnny Tsunami @Vice sits on our first line now taking faceoffs. Little does Tsunami know, we planned a surprise welcoming party to welcome the kid to Houston. What type of party is the team going to throw? I think we should go paintballing or something.

prank war, it would be funny watching you fall for every prank

5. After our party for Tsunami's welcoming party, your GM has one more surprise for the team, we're going on vacation after this season!! Win or lose I'm going to spoil you, but we need a location. Where should the team go on vacation? Do we want fun in the sun? Do we want the snowy Nordic countries?

new york, for obvious reasons 

pretty goodall things considered

5 hours ago, AJW said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Press Conference! Through the first few weeks of sims Houston is buzzing around the top of the league with many players stepping up and contributing to our success. A couple recent double dubs have pushed us up there and it was been sweet. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Apr 7, here are your questions!

I am loving the compete that we have as a team. We put the biscuit in the basket.

Not really fooled, but I did see a local Detroit one, where they said that Detroit traded Goff away. I didn't buy it.

Yes, some help will be gladly accepted. We need someone strong in the Defensive Zone. Has a good strong grit and can clear out the front of the net.

Maybe get 18 holes in, in the morning. Maybe an airsoft battle in the evening.

My Wife and I went to Iceland for our Honeymoon and love it. I would really enjoy checking out some of the other Nordic countries!

It was a nice little weekend. Watched some good hockey. Played some video games. 8/10 -- Would weekend again.

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

Honestly, I have not been pulling my weight like, at all since I got here. I'm hoping that I can start producing myself and not sandbag the team more than I have been already.

I fell for one hard earlier in the day so I was on high alert already when I saw it. That said, the VHL gags are always the best.

We need puck thieves! Being able to force the turnover and feeding the puck to our potent scorers seems to be a really good plan.

Aw! That's very sweet of y'all. Maybe a pool party? I've always liked water parks.

I've always wanted to see Canada, I've actually not gone there yet so maybe a great Canadian adventure?

Decent weekend, got a lot of chores that have been needing done - done. Which is fantastic, now I have a bunch of practice time!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! We are approaching Trade Deadline and the roster looks to be set. Our recent record has been subpar, but Houston looks to push our way to another deep playoff run this season. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Apr 14th, here are your questions!

1. Two new Bulls enter the locker room! Ray Stanton @horoscope and LaClapbomb Hitsick IV @Greasy Garyjoin the team and bring our total of defenders to 4. What are your thoughts on this trade?

2. Speaking of trades, Trade Deadline is just around the corner! As announced in today's Theme Week post, TDL will be on April 15th, meaning we only have 10-14 games to play until that point. Does management need to make any more moves before then? Or is our roster looking ready to go for playoffs?

3. After Trade Deadline is over, players entering the S95 draft class are allowed to recreate and join the VHLM as waiver players. If Houston could sign one upcoming waiver player, what position or skills would you want this new player to have?

4. Houston is in a slump! 3-6-1 in our last 10 games played. Have you noticed something that has caused this bump in the road for us? Will the new defenders we traded for help us climb back up the standings?

5. It's the second week of April and I think everyone has finished their "second winter" phase of Spring. How is the weather in your area? Currently where I am it's been rainy and cold all last week, this week is looking better.

6. What was your favorite thing to do growing up as a kid? (You can answer in personal or player perspective). I always enjoyed playing street hockey with my best friend who lived across the street while I was a kid. We would play in the mornings until the street lights came on at night. I wish I could re-live one of those memories just one more time.

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

13 hours ago, AJW said:

1. Two new Bulls enter the locker room! Ray Stanton @horoscope and LaClapbomb Hitsick IV @Greasy Garyjoin the team and bring our total of defenders to 4. What are your thoughts on this trade?

fantastic deal, hope they can help us win it all

2. Speaking of trades, Trade Deadline is just around the corner! As announced in today's Theme Week post, TDL will be on April 15th, meaning we only have 10-14 games to play until that point. Does management need to make any more moves before then? Or is our roster looking ready to go for playoffs?

maybe wanna make 1 or 2 moves to try and help us get out of this slump

3. After Trade Deadline is over, players entering the S95 draft class are allowed to recreate and join the VHLM as waiver players. If Houston could sign one upcoming waiver player, what position or skills would you want this new player to have?

hopefully a forward who is an offensive juggernaut decides to join

4. Houston is in a slump! 3-6-1 in our last 10 games played. Have you noticed something that has caused this bump in the road for us? Will the new defenders we traded for help us climb back up the standings?

Slump was maybe caused by the gruelling schedule of 2 games a day, new Dmen should help

5. It's the second week of April and I think everyone has finished their "second winter" phase of Spring. How is the weather in your area? Currently where I am it's been rainy and cold all last week, this week is looking better.

My weathers been beautiful, nice and sunny

6. What was your favorite thing to do growing up as a kid? (You can answer in personal or player perspective). I always enjoyed playing street hockey with my best friend who lived across the street while I was a kid. We would play in the mornings until the street lights came on at night. I wish I could re-live one of those memories just one more time.

I'm still technically still a child, but me and my best friend go out to the local court and ball which I love to do, I also love to play goalie for my lacrosse team

Finally! Some defense! We desperately needed defenders on the blue line and this should help round us out. Hopefully we can all find our vibe before the playoffs!

Sincerely? I don't think there is much else we can do at this point without really dipping into those draft picks. If the GM was hard set on a cup win, it might be worth throwing those picks around, but it's probably better to see how this team pans out first.

I don't really follow the waiver wire. I'm only focused on the one that matters, Johnny Freakin' Tsunami.

I've definitely not been performing my best. I have only 5 goals on almost 130 shots. That's a 3.9% shot percentage. That's garbage.

We just had a cold front blow in today...I just want spring to be here.

Surfing has always been a relaxer for me. I'm not good enough to like, go professional or to make any money off being an influencer in surfing. So it may as well just stay a hobby!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome to this week's Houston Bulls Presser! Trade Deadline is here which means playoffs are just around the corner! Some new faces join the locker room and the Bulls are juiced up lately fighting for 1st in the Western Conference. Please answer each question to your best ability.

For the Week Ending Apr 21th, here are your questions!

1. The time has come, trade deadline is here and players can recreate for the S95 draft. With that being said, a new Right Winger joins Houston! Konstyantyn Shevchenko @der meister comes from Ukraine and is looking to add to our playoff push! How is Houston looking now heading towards playoffs? We currently are tied with Saskatoon for 1st in the Western Conference.

2. Hulk Smash @Cuffy  just recently got engaged! Congrats brother! Of course we will all be invited to the wedding, what wedding gift are you bringing? As GM I am bringing season tickets for everyone that was invited.

3. Houston is cruising now! Less than 20 games to play and we still are fighting for 1st in the West. Playoff format follows as 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, and 4v5 by league overall. If playoffs started today, as 4th seed we would play 5th seed Las Vegas Aces. Is Vegas a team you do or do not want to face in the first round? Are there other teams you would prefer to play?

4. I'm always itching for summer as it is my favourite season of the year and I don't have school to worry about. What are you most excited for this summer? I'm heading home to work on the water again and I am very excited for that.

5. Houston is a southern state known for Space Exploration apparently (google searched it, might need @LucyXpher to confirm). If you could travel through space where would you go? I'm heading out of the milky way to find aliens in other galaxies.

6. How has your week been? Anything exciting or fun happening lately? What do you have planned for this week?

To claim TPE:

Let's Go Bulls!

For old times' sake, I'm back to answer a few questions!

4. I'm always itching for summer as it is my favourite season of the year and I don't have school to worry about. What are you most excited for this summer? I'm heading home to work on the water again and I am very excited for that.

I'm planning to do some travelling this summer so I can't wait for that, and obviously to be done with school for a while.  I may be going up to Canada, back to Calgary for a bit, which is exciting because I haven't been back in a number of years and I've got some friends there that I'm looking forward to hanging out with.  Also, just having more time and brain capacity this summer for creative pursuits is something I can't wait for.  

5. Houston is a southern state known for Space Exploration apparently (google searched it, might need @LucyXpher to confirm). If you could travel through space where would you go? I'm heading out of the milky way to find aliens in other galaxies.

Can confirm, Houston, A.K.A, Space City.  If the Rockets and Astros didn't give it away, maybe Space Cowboys will hammer that one home lol.  It's probably bad that I've lived here most of my life and never been to NASA though 😅  If I could space travel, I'd like to go to Mars.  There's something familiiar and foreign about it, like it's close, but so far away.  It would be cool to visit Mars just to imagine what life will be like if humans colonize there one day. There's actually a great series of books which the flag of Mars is based on by Kim Stanley Robinson called Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars. Worth the read if you like plausible-ish sci-fi.

Flag of Mars - Wikipedia

Martian Flag

6. How has your week been? Anything exciting or fun happening lately? What do you have planned for this week?

Busy week for me with papers due next Monday, so that's what I've got going, unfortunately.  Will be nice when that's all done though and I can breathe a little.  In terms of fun, just Neflix this week.  I probably won't go out until most of my school work is done lol.

1) I hope Shev can help!

2) Congrats! I will bring my lovely self and hope that the smashing waits until after the ceremony.

3) Vegas is the Raiders of the Coyotes in the VHLM. Too much uncertainty has their team distracted. Cakewalk series.

4) My kids are usually pretty busy in the summer so it's just shuttling them around and doing chores. I like having summer hours at work though 

5) I'm right there with you. Our solar system is boring AF.

6) I'm taking Tuesday off to cut wood. We just had 3 trees taken down, so now I have to do cleanup. If you never hear from me again, assume it was a mishap with the chainsaw and not a lack of interest in the VHL.

1. The time has come, trade deadline is here and players can recreate for the S95 draft. With that being said, a new Right Winger joins Houston! Konstyantyn Shevchenko @der meister comes from Ukraine and is looking to add to our playoff push! How is Houston looking now heading towards playoffs? We currently are tied with Saskatoon for 1st in the Western Conference.

Houston looks to be in great form, and the addition of a quality player like Shevchenko can only solidify Houstons chances of glory.

2. Hulk Smash @Cuffy  just recently got engaged! Congrats brother! Of course we will all be invited to the wedding, what wedding gift are you bringing? As GM I am bringing season tickets for everyone that was invited.

Poor bastard. It's all downhill from here. I'll buy a set of premium noise-cancelling headphones. They'll come in handy at some point.

3. Houston is cruising now! Less than 20 games to play and we still are fighting for 1st in the West. Playoff format follows as 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, and 4v5 by league overall. If playoffs started today, as 4th seed we would play 5th seed Las Vegas Aces. Is Vegas a team you do or do not want to face in the first round? Are there other teams you would prefer to play?

Well as an alumni, I always think that the opposition should be afraid. Very afraid.

4. I'm always itching for summer as it is my favourite season of the year and I don't have school to worry about. What are you most excited for this summer? I'm heading home to work on the water again and I am very excited for that.

Well we are into Autumn down here, so I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures and watching more Rugby.

5. Houston is a southern state known for Space Exploration apparently (google searched it, might need @LucyXpher to confirm). If you could travel through space where would you go? I'm heading out of the milky way to find aliens in other galaxies.

I'm headed towards the planet/galaxy that contains the sexy space version of the Amazons.

6. How has your week been? Anything exciting or fun happening lately? What do you have planned for this week?

My week has been pretty quiet, but knocking out sim league PT's and working towards the weekend.

1.  I think Konstyantyn is a fantastic addition, adding another weapon to our arsenal. Cant wait to see how he does!

2. First of all, congrats Cuffy. I'll bring you the joy of watching me drunkenly doing my best Cha Cha Slide.

3. I cant wait to play Vegas they're a great team and... who am I kidding BULLS IN 4 BABY! Playing Phily would be a nice start, they've got very little depth so I think it would be a straightforward first round. 

4. My roommates are moving away for the summer so I'm a little bummed out, but my birthday is in July and ill be old enough to go out to the bar so should be a fun time.

5. AJ I'm getting in that ship with you, I'm tryna find some cool aliens.

6. its exam week for me, nothing but school for 1 more week.

32 minutes ago, Fradin99 said:

I'm an Electrical Clearance Arborist.

I had two different people from the electric company come by to look at a dead tree I have in my front yard that is right up against the power lines. Both of them said that it's my responsibility and they wouldn't do anything about it. I called the town since the tree is right on the edge of their property, so to speak, and they said that the electric company should do it because it's up against the power lines. You don't work for NYSEG do you? 🤣