Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

23 minutes ago, Will3 said:

image.png.a6067dff2a5938b747419937a9ab12

1. The season starts tomorrow. What are you hoping to see from your player stat wise?

2. Have you started to gel with your teammates or is warming up to your teammates going slower?

3. Which team do you feel like will be the biggest obstacles in our way to the  Renaissance Cup?

4. What is the weirdest food item you every ate?

5. Who is your favorite hockey youtuber or podcaster?

6. What is your choice for Utah's new team's brand?

1. A repeat of last season at the least, if not more.

2. Still warming up off the ice, but I feel our on-ice connection is second to none.

3. Honestly I'm stuck between both Oslo and Cologne being the biggest obstacles in our way, but I also know that all of us here in Stockholm can push past any obstacle in our way.

4. Bamboo Shoots, just a weird texture and not every one has had the same texture to me.

5. Don't listen to them often enough to have one.

6. The Utah Bees, they're the bee state for a reason.

43 minutes ago, Will3 said:

1. The season starts tomorrow. What are you hoping to see from your player stat wise?

2. Have you started to gel with your teammates or is warming up to your teammates going slower?

3. Which team do you feel like will be the biggest obstacles in our way to the  Renaissance Cup?

1.Hopefully be high scoring and fare well defensively

2. I already know some from last seasons Saskatoon team but it is going well

3. None, were winning no doubt

4. Walmart burgers

5. Stick On The Ice

6. Anything but Utah Hockey Club and ill be ok 

6 hours ago, Will3 said:

I want to see a continuation of my player's off-season dominance. A lot of that fiery offense paired with that playmaking ability.

Oh yeah! A lot of my teammates have traveled with me from different orgs and I am familiar with a few faces already so it's been real easy to acclimate.

Hard to tell! I don't quite know what this new talent will bring to the other teams, but I do think ours is one of the most positive.

Alligator I guess? I'm from South Florida so eating gator is understandably more common but elsewhere it isn't and people think it's weird. I love it.

Not many to pick from, so Nasher?

THE UTAH MURDERIN' MORMONS!

7 hours ago, Will3 said:

1. I hope to be in contention of Goalie of the year award

2. I think we have gotten along very well from the start!

3. Cologne seems very good so i would be wary of them

4. Theres nothing that weird that i have ate, maybe mämmi

5. Uu tough one, im currently enjoying Hockey Psychology

6. I would like to see The Yetis or Mammoths

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 1:14 PM, Will3 said:

Alright Helsinki hasn’t posted a presser yet so why not do the former teams one!

1. for my player in the vhl I’m hoping to atleast get a couple hits and possibly a point per game(12 in 12 right now)

2. Titans are in a rebuild right now so the teams not doing great but I feel like we have been playing pretty good together at the moment

3. While I was in Stockholm, vasteras was a really tough team for us to beat even if the weren’t that good in the standings, I think that this team will be tough to win against even if they might not be the greatest (I have no idea what the standings are looking like right now)

4. Spicy cockroaches, had no idea they were a thing (I do not recommend)

5. Nasher for video games and sometimes I watch his roller blade tournaments but for ice hockey trew crew all the way

6. Utah mammoth, yeti is another good option but I feel like the mammoth could have some really cool jerseys and logo

Edited by sportexperts show
Grammar

1. Second in the VHLE is a great start to the season. How do you feel about the team performance so far?

2. Who has been an underrated piece to the teams early success?

3. An early look at the VHLE standings shows a league possibly set to be split in two. What team in the bottom three is most likely to make a move up the table?

4. What does the team need to do to slow down the Cologne Express?

5. What is your favorite non-NHL hockey team?

6. The Stanley Cup Finalists are the Edmonton Oilers and the Florida Panthers. Who is your pick to win?

28 minutes ago, Will3 said:

1. Second in the VHLE is a great start to the season. How do you feel about the team performance so far?

3. An early look at the VHLE standings shows a league possibly set to be split in two. What team in the bottom three is most likely to make a move up the table?

6. The Stanley Cup Finalists are the Edmonton Oilers and the Florida Panthers. Who is your pick to win?

1. I think we are doing fantastically, we are right there where we want to be!

2. I think Rookie Felicia Hardy has been incredible!

3. I could see Vasteras trying to make better use of their top goaltender pair

4. More luck!

5. Tampere Tappara (my hometown team haha)

6. Florida all the way

5 hours ago, Will3 said:

1. The team performance has been great all around, well only get better

2. Well our goalie is doing very very well

3.Probably Bratislava

4. Beating them would probably work pretty well

5. West Kelowna Warriors in the BCHL

6. Florida, if Edmonton wins im leaving Canada

6 hours ago, Will3 said:

1. I feel we're performing very well, the scoring isn't quite there yet, but at the same time our defense/goaltending is superb and a strong reason why we have the least goals against and I feel that when we do get our scoring figured out, our defense and goaltending will still be there to lock the other teams down.

2. I'm stuck between both Felicia Hardy and Aleksanteri Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen, Hardy is both locking down other teams when they're on the ice and putting up the points, while Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen is only averaging 2 goals against per game, which keeps us very much in the thick of it every single game with a strong chance to win.

3. Vasteras is who I see being the one to break out and move up the table.

4. I think we're keeping pace with them, once our scoring heats up, I think we'll be a bit ahead.

5. The Battalion in the OHL.

6. BY GOD IS THAT THE BUFFALO SABRES MUSIC!?(I want neither to win, but I'd pick Florida)

1. We are looking like the only team that has a fighting chance against the  Cologne ExpressWhat makes them such a difficult foe to face?

2.  The Oslo Storm have had bad start to the seasonCan they turn their season around?

3.  How big of a rivalry actually exist between the Scandinavian VHLE teams?

4.  Where in the VHLEis your least favorite place to play?

5.  What are your plans for the summer?

6. With game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight, what are the takeaways from game 1?

15 minutes ago, Will3 said:

1. We are looking like the only team that has a fighting chance against the  Cologne ExpressWhat makes them such a difficult foe to face?

2.  The Oslo Storm have had bad start to the seasonCan they turn their season around?

6. With game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight, what are the takeaways from game 1?

1. What makes Cologne a difficult foe to face right now is that everything is clicking for them, they're scoring the goals that they need to and their defense/goaltending is limiting the goals against.

2. I think Oslo can turn their season around, there's still lots of season left for them to make a run and they're only 12 points behind the last playoff spot. A good stretch of games is all they'll need to right the ship.

3. I'd say the rivalry is pretty big, especially between Stockholm and Vasteras. We all wanna prove we're the best Scandinavian team in the league, but with both us and the Iron Eagles being in Sweden, that rivalry expands to trying to be the best team in the country.

4. Vasteras, their fans are extremely dedicated and easily know how to get under the skin of opposing players.

5. Just work and play video games, hopefully can get the new NCAA Football game when it comes out next month.

6. Panther team good, Oil team bad.

4 hours ago, Will3 said:

1. I think they have managed to build a great roster that suck around! Sorta like us

2. Hmm, i could see them fighting for 4th place but not higher

3. Not big enough! We should try to get it going more

4. Stinky Rome

5. Im just working and chilling, at the end of august after my work ends im going on a small trip

6. Florida is elite and Bobrovsky could win the playoffs mvp

On 6/10/2024 at 10:37 AM, Will3 said:

1. Well they score goals and dont let other teams score as much

2. Defending champs usually dont have terrible seasons after so I think they could make the playoffs

3. It is fierce but I would say not as fierce as rivalries in the VHL because the players arent on the same teams for as long

4. Cologne, we dont win as much there

5. Golf, lots of Golf

6. Since im late its now about to be game 4, and I just want a Florida sweep

On 6/10/2024 at 1:37 PM, Will3 said:

1. We are looking like the only team that has a fighting chance against the  Cologne Express. What makes them such a difficult foe to face?

"I would argue that Bratislava has just as much fight in them and could very well take down the Express, proven by their recent successes. While Cologne has the firepower, the Watchmen have the size and force that can stop a moving train in its tracks."

2.  The Oslo Storm have had bad start to the season. Can they turn their season around?

"Probably not. Their season will just keep getting worse and worse every time they face Bratislava."

"It can be as big of a rivalry as they want. They can squabble with each other while the real teams fight for the Cup."

"I would have to say Stockholm in my opinion. Their arena is the coldest in the league and their dressing rooms smell. One time I caught the Viking coach picking his nose, and he wiped it on the back of Johnny Tsunami's jersey when "patting him on the back". Gross."

" I'm here to play and make my mark on the VHLE. Teams are going to feel it when they hit the ice after I lay out a crushing hit on them, and then feel it on the scoreboard when they lose."

"The Oilers have a real hard road ahead of them but if any team can go on a run and score goals in bunches, it's them."

1. It seems things haven't gone our way recentlyWhat needs to be done to turn things around?

2.  How do you feel about your play midway into the season

3.  Is a big trade nessary for our upcomming playoff run?

4.  What is the hottest temperatures you ever endured?

5.  What is your favorite hype song?

6.  What is your players pre-game ritual?

12 minutes ago, Will3 said:

1. It seems things haven't gone our way recentlyWhat needs to be done to turn things around?

1. Our offense has just hit a very... very dry spell, once it reignites, we'll be untouchable.

2. I was kinda hoping to at least have somewhat of a repeat season being just over a PPG, so I'm a bit disappointed about my play.

3. I don't think a big trade is needed for our playoff run, everyone that's already here is exactly what we need.

4. I'm currently in a heat warning, but last summers 103(F) has to be the hottest I've dealt with as a Northern lad.

5. Don't got one, not listening to music a lot right now.

6. Hackey Sack with the puck.

1 hour ago, Will3 said:

1. I think we just need to refocus, we'll bounce back

2. I feel my play has been good, I will try to improve a little defensively though

3. Probably, we need a spark

4. Probably around 40 Celsius 

5. Im not a hype song kinda guy

6. Blue Powerade

On 6/19/2024 at 5:15 AM, Will3 said:

1. I think we just need to focus on playing to our strengths

2. I think its been decent, i would have liked to be better but it is what it is

3. Hmm. Maybe. Or maybe not a big trade but small one to strengthen us

4. Uuh, 120°C i think

5. Hypa Hypa - Electric Callboy

6. He doesnt have one neccecarily! He just warms up the body and listens to good tunes

1. It seems the gods have turned against us. Is it a momentum thing or something worse?

2. How should we generate more offense to fix this negative goal differential?

3. Was making no major trades at the deadline a mistake?

4. Are you confident in a rebound in the remaining games of the season?

5. What can we learn from the Florida Panthers winning the Stanley Cup?

6. Who's rebrand was better, Anaheim or Los Angeles?

3 hours ago, Will3 said:

1. It seems the gods have turned against us. Is it a momentum thing or something worse?

1. Tough to say, but if it keeps going this way it may be something worse

2. score goals

3. I guess well have to see based on the rest of the season and playoffs

4. I am 

5. A deep team is better than just a few star players and a weak bottom 6

6. Anaheim

16 hours ago, Will3 said:

1. It's Loki's fault.

2. Fans say it all the time "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT"

3. Possibly, but we definitely have what it takes without any trades happening to make the playoffs and have a deep run.

4. I'm extremely confident in a rebound during our remaining games.

5. Even if you go up 3-0 and blow that lead forcing a Game 7, as long as you win the 4th one it doesn't matter what happened in-between(it's still funny).

6. Anaheim, bringing back GoalieMask McDuckface was good.