Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

On 1/22/2023 at 9:22 PM, sadie said:

avJieZ4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

For Week Ending January 29th

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, and answer all 6 for 2!

1. How do you think your player will perform in S88? Do you expect great performance in a certain category?

2. Do you try to model your player’s style of play after anyone specific in the NHL/another league?

3. Which VHLE team do you think has the best chance of winning it all this year?

4. If you participated in one of the off-season tournaments that took place (Pro-Am/JST/WJC), how was/is it going for you? If you didn’t, what are your thoughts on those tournaments?

5. Would you rather live somewhere hot or cold- why?

6. What has been your favorite part of 2023 so far?

1. I think Logan will do fine, however I do not really have any specifics on how well he will do.

2. not really, I don't watch much NHL

3. Us, probably

4. I lost in the JST finals in game 7

5. Hot, so I can have a pool

6. How well the Bengals are doing

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 5th

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 TPE

Claim at: https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and then Claim Capped->Press Conference

1. We've had our first week of VHLE action of Season 87, what are your thoughts on your player's performance to this point?

2. Along the same line of questioning, what are your thoughts on how the team as a whole has done to this point?

3. There was discussion last week about whether the league's GMs are helping enough in regards to getting newer players acquainted with TPE earning, what are your thoughts on the matter?

4. We recently traded for two big-name Rome players in John Poremba Jr. and Don Aven, how do you think the two of them will fare at Stockholm this season?

5. Any games/movies you're particularly looking forward to in 2023?

6. We did NHL fantasy zone during the offseason while there was no VHL action, would you like to see more NHL based PT's or do you think that we have a good balance just doing them in off-season?

On 1/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

1. We've had our first week of VHLE action of Season 87, what are your thoughts on your player's performance to this point?

2. Along the same line of questioning, what are your thoughts on how the team as a whole has done to this point?

3. There was discussion last week about whether the league's GMs are helping enough in regards to getting newer players acquainted with TPE earning, what are your thoughts on the matter?

4. We recently traded for two big-name Rome players in John Poremba Jr. and Don Aven, how do you think the two of them will fare at Stockholm this season?

6. We did NHL fantasy zone during the offseason while there was no VHL action, would you like to see more NHL based PT's or do you think that we have a good balance just doing them in off-season?

1. I'm definitely scoring more than I was expecting to. With 18 points in 14 games, I'm on pace for over 90 points. The current VHLE point record before one's VHL draft is 74, so I'd be well over that mark. I don't necessarily expect to keep up this pace, but I was expecting a season more like 10 goals, 45 assists. Right now I'm at 5 and 13 with just under a fifth of the way through the season.

2. The team hasn't looked so great. I came in thinking we we'd be the third best team behind Cologne and Oslo, and while six of our losses have been to those teams that I thought were better than us, we're looking more like the best of the bottom half teams. Our shutout loss to a Bratislava team with two human skaters was particularly demoralizing; I had thought our 4-3 win against them was bad enough. I think while I'm overperforming, some of my teammates are underperforming. I'll take myself regressing if it means others get back to where I think they should be.

3. As someone who knows the league well, I personally don't need anyone teaching me things, so when I was in the VHLM, I didn't really pay attention to what my GM was or wasn't doing in that regard. And I don't know if other GM's aren't doing all they could, so I can't really speak to how well of a job they are doing. What I will say is that I think it's on the VHLM GM's more than the VHLE GM's to teach people the basics. By the time a player is in the VHLE, they should know what a point task is, so wouldn't blame a VHLE GM for assuming all of their players already know that.

4. They both have 70+ defense, which is very important. Other than those two and myself, the next highest we have is 62. That being said, I think they'll do a lot for the team in terms of puck control. They are both just good players all around, but Poremba in particular I expect to be one of the top players both for our offense and our defense.

5. I've just recently started playing the new Fire Emblem game, and in the spring there is the Mega Man Battle Network Collection, so I'll probably play through those games and relive a big part of my childhood with that. Maybe I'll play the new Breath of the Wild game as well.

6. I get that the VHL is a hockey league, but I don't think that means we need to do a ton of NHL fantasy zone stuff. I prefer the fantasy zone stuff to be more strictly VHL-related.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:32 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 5th

Claim at: https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and then Claim Capped->Press Conference

1. I think Logan is doing well all things considered

2. We could be doing better unfortunately

3. I think they are doing fine, however I don't have much to say on that matter

4. I think they will help us a lot in getting over the hump

5. Maybe Atomic Heart

6. I don't watch much NHL, so I don't have much to say on that matter.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:32 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

1. Honestly really happy with my performance. I haven't seen production like this so I'm excited to finally start scoring some points.
2. We aren't doing too great right now. I think we're gonna get out of this rut soon and start looking like a top contender.
3. I can't speak for other GM's but my VHLM GMs were great!
4. I'd like to say we're gonna be key pieces but only the future will tell.
5. Atomic Heart. I have been waiting 5 years and now it's finally within reach.
6. I would like to see more NHL related stuff yeah.

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 12th

Claim at: https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and then Claim Capped->Press Conference

1. We've seen some big improvements over the past week, what are your thoughts on the team's boost up the standings this week?

2. Interestingly, we've lost five games in overtime so far this season, whereas the rest of the league's teams combined have seven OTLs, what advice would you give to players during the OT period to buck this trend? 

3. Travis Clark had a rough patch to start the season, but has been incredibly good this last week and now ranks among the best in the league in save percentage. Do you think they can keep it up for the remainder of the season?

4. Who do you think provides the bigger challenge for us this season, Cologne or Oslo?

5. What is the best day of the week in your opinion?

6. I'm a big fan of Tomato Juice but everyone else who I mention it to hates it, what is one thing you like that a lot of people have a negative opinion of? 

On 2/7/2023 at 7:34 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 12th

Claim at: https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and then Claim Capped->Press Conference

1. We've seen some big improvements over the past week, what are your thoughts on the team's boost up the standings this week?

2. Interestingly, we've lost five games in overtime so far this season, whereas the rest of the league's teams combined have seven OTLs, what advice would you give to players during the OT period to buck this trend? 

3. Travis Clark had a rough patch to start the season, but has been incredibly good this last week and now ranks among the best in the league in save percentage. Do you think they can keep it up for the remainder of the season?

4. Who do you think provides the bigger challenge for us this season, Cologne or Oslo?

6. I'm a big fan of Tomato Juice but everyone else who I mention it to hates it, what is one thing you like that a lot of people have a negative opinion of? 

1. I am very happy that we seem to be hitting our stride

2. to not get nervous and just try their best to keep calm. Nerves lead to mistakes.

3. I sure hope he can, maybe the TPE growth helped

4. Cologne easily. They are our kryptonite this season.

5. ether Saturday or Monday, and only Monday because that means new tasks to complete.

6. I am not sure, maybe venison? 

On 2/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

1. This is where I expected to see us, so it's not a surprise to me. We lost some games early that I felt like we shouldn't have, and we had a lot of games against Cologne and Oslo early on as well. I saw those two teams as clearly the top two, and I think we stand alone in the second tier, or at least above Geneva in that tier. We're now winning almost all of the games I think we should win, which is important, but it would also be nice to show that we can beat Cologne.

2. It's the shootouts that are really getting us. All but one of our overtime games have gone to a shootout, so it would seem that we just need to perform better there. I think it's crazy that we've played all of our Geneva road games, and all of them have gone to a shootout.

3. I think they can, for sure. There isn't much separation in skill among the top goalies.

4. We're 1-1-1 against Oslo. Meanwhile, we are 0-6 against Cologne with a -13 goal differential. I think that says enough. We've been competitive in all of our games with Oslo, but Cologne has smoked us several times.

5. Saturday of course. I can sleep in, I can stay up late. I can makes plans for morning, afternoon, evening. If I don't get anything productive done, I don't have to feel bad because I still have Sunday for that before the work week starts.

6. "A lot of people" have negative opinions on baseball, so I guess that is a viable answer, yeah? I'll go with baseball. That counts.

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 19th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

1. Our goalie Travis Clark has been on fire recently- would you give the award for best goalie to them if the season ended now?

2. We've passed through the midway point of the season- do you think your player will heat up/cool down/stay the same in the second half of the year?

3. Do you think Rome will make it to 5 wins this year (they are currently sitting at two)? 

4. What, in your opinion, does Stockholm need to do better to give us a better chance to beat powerhouse teams like Oslo?

5. In general, do you prefer hot drinks or cold drinks more?

6. Do you have an irl sports team that you follow? If so, who is it?

5 hours ago, sadie said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 19th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

1. Our goalie Travis Clark has been on fire recently- would you give the award for best goalie to them if the season ended now?

2. We've passed through the midway point of the season- do you think your player will heat up/cool down/stay the same in the second half of the year?

3. Do you think Rome will make it to 5 wins this year (they are currently sitting at two)? 

4. What, in your opinion, does Stockholm need to do better to give us a better chance to beat powerhouse teams like Oslo?

1. Probably, however there is a reason the awards are given at the end of the season and staying focused is the key

2. I hope that Logan will start to heat up soon.

3. I think they can manage a few more wins, but it's the luck of the draw

4. Be better in overtime.

5. Cold drinks unless it's coffee.

6. The Kentucky Wildcats and Cincinnati Bengals 

I would, yes. It is an individual award, so I value save percentage over record and goals against. That's not to say I would just give the award to the player with the highest save percentage, but the difference between him and the next best is as big as the difference between second and fifth.

I've already cooled down from my hot start to where I'm now at about a point-per-game. I wasn't even expecting to be a point-per-game player coming into the season, but now I'm thinking this is right around where I'll stay.

I don't think they will, but I think they have a shot. They have four games left against Bratislava, against whom they did get their only two wins thus far. They could possibly win three of those. But if they manage to win just two of those, could they steal a game against another team? Probably not. They've taken two games to shootouts against Vasteras, but they only have two games left against them. They have six games left against Istanbul, who seems like the other best bet to lose a game to Rome, but I wouldn't count on it. I think it's unlikely they get to five wins.

Penalties have been a problem for us. If it weren't for our league-leading penalty kill, we could very well be a couple more spots down in the standings. We have the third most penalty minutes and the second post penalty kill attempts. Meanwhile, teams like Cologne and Oslo have done really well in that regard.

Definitely cold. The only hot drink I ever have is hot chocolate, and that's not all that often.

I am unfortunately a Minnesota sports fan. I most closely follow the Twins, but I definitely pay attention to the Timberwolves, Vikings, and Wild as well.

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 26th

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE/6 Questions for 2 TPE

1. The league is making a big effort for recruitment this season since there are going to be less recreates than usual, what advice would you offer for bringing in new members (E.g. places to advertise)?

2. The VHLE Trade Deadline was very quiet with no trades taking place this week, would you have liked to have seen Stockholm trade for the players that were available (mostly 200-250 TPE inactives) or do you think we were better off not doing business at the deadline?

3. We're currently tied with our shoot-out nemesis Geneva on 70 points, do you think we'll be able to beat them into third place by end of season?

4. Our player Jacob Stone is comfortably ahead of the rest of his Season 88 VHL Draft Class in TPE, do you think they will wind up going first overall?

5. If you could grab a European NHL player to help our Vikings, who would you pick and why?

6. How many layers of clothing do you wear on the coldest days of the year?

On 2/20/2023 at 6:34 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending February 26th

1. The league is making a big effort for recruitment this season since there are going to be less recreates than usual, what advice would you offer for bringing in new members (E.g. places to advertise)?

2. The VHLE Trade Deadline was very quiet with no trades taking place this week, would you have liked to have seen Stockholm trade for the players that were available (mostly 200-250 TPE inactives) or do you think we were better off not doing business at the deadline?

3. We're currently tied with our shoot-out nemesis Geneva on 70 points, do you think we'll be able to beat them into third place by end of season?

4. Our player Jacob Stone is comfortably ahead of the rest of his Season 88 VHL Draft Class in TPE, do you think they will wind up going first overall?

5. If you could grab a European NHL player to help our Vikings, who would you pick and why?

1. Not sure honestly beyond Reddit perhaps

2. I think not making moves was for the best

3. Yes I do believe we have the will to do that

4. It is definitely a very good possibility

5. Alexander Ovechkin, because he is the one I recognize the most

6. Usually 2 layers of clothing, I don't like getting too warm

Advertise on GameFAQs message boards. All of the best sim league community member was recruited from there. But for real, I have no clue on this.

I don't really see that level of player making much of a difference for us. If we're looking at utilizing inactives to improve, I think giving John Richards more minutes is the way to go.

Well, we're still tied with them now at 82 points, but they have a game in hand. Given that they have the tiebreaker if we end at the same point total, I do think I give them the edge. They have an easier schedule remaining. While we do have more games against Rome, they have more against Bratislava. Sure, the Bratislava games aren't quite gimmes like the Rome games, but they likely win all of those. Meanwhile, we have more against Oslo (likely losses), while they have more against Istanbul (likely wins).

I don't think so, to be honest. The TPE lead isn't really as big as it looks, as I've already gotten the VHLM graduation bonus. It's a 26 TPE lead, which is more like a 16 TPE lead, and that's isn't a lead that is going to grow. I think STZ is a bigger name in the league. I don't really have any connections with most of the teams that will be in the lottery, with the exception of New York and DC, both of whom Mourning played with in his career, but I wasn't exactly thrilled with management in either of those situations. I'm likely playing nine seasons for whoever drafts me, though, so if that's what the team picking first values, then I very well might go first, especially if STZ plans on not being as steadfastly loyal as he was with Markinson.

Kirill Kaprizov, because I'm a Minnesota Wild fan so obviously I'm going with Kirill.

It's never going to be more than two layers if I'm inside. I'm never going to be outside for an extended period of time on the coldest days, but I guess if I were, I'd probably go three layers.

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending March 5th

1. We're on a really good run of form at the minute and are currently in second place in the standings, where do you think we will ultimately finish in the standings at the end of the season?

2. Our final game of the season could wind up being hugely important for who we play in the playoffs as we go up against third-placed Geneva who can overtake us into second place with the spare games they have available. How do you think the game will play out?  

3. Who or what do you believe to have been the key reason for this recent run of good form we've been on?

4. We've had quite a few OT losses this season which has accounted for 11 of our 93 points. What are your thoughts on OTLs being rewarded points in the VHL and hockey in general? 

5.Simon Tremblay the schedule maker granted us 12 games against Cologne this season while every other team only played them 10 times. What crime do you think Stockholm Vikings must have committed to deserve this?

6. Are you in any of the VHL's affiliate leagues (EFL, SBA, etc.) and if so, which ones and how much do you enjoy them?

1. We're on a really good run of form at the minute and are currently in second place in the standings, where do you think we will ultimately finish in the standings at the end of the season?

The wins over Oslo were crucial for us finishing any higher than fourth, especially with how Geneva has been playing. I do think we need to win out to finish better than fourth, though. If we just assume that any games for the 2-4 teams against Bratislava and Rome are wins, the rest of the remaining schedules look like this:

Stockholm: 97 points; VAS (1), GEN (1)

Geneva: 96 points; VAS (1), IST (2), STO (1)

Oslo: 98 points; VAS (1)

Geneva and Oslo have both fared better against Vasteras than we have this season, so ultimately I do think that we are most likely to end up fourth if we drop even 1 point the rest of the way. With Oslo's remaining schedule, I think they can get to 100 points, and if we lose to Geneva, it's very unlikely we stay ahead of them with the games that they have in hand. Nah, actually I think we win out and take second or third. It'll depend on whether or not Geneva can win all of their Vasteras and Istanbul games.

2. Our final game of the season could wind up being hugely important for who we play in the playoffs as we go up against third-placed Geneva who can overtake us into second place with the spare games they have available. How do you think the game will play out?  

I do think we are the better team, so I think we win. In regulation, because if it goes to OT, they have the edge.

3. Who or what do you believe to have been the key reason for this recent run of good form we've been on?

So we've won five in a row. Really, it's the Oslo games that we need to look at, because Rome and Bratislava are gimmes. Travis Clark has played fantastically in the three wins against Oslo. The team played well enough to outshoot them in two of the games, but the 4-3 win that we had, Travis worked hard to keep us in that game. He has a 0.952 save percentage in those games.

4. We've had quite a few OT losses this season which has accounted for 11 of our 93 points. What are your thoughts on OTLs being rewarded points in the VHL and hockey in general? 

I think it's fine. That's just the way it has been (I know there was a time when ties existed, but I don't remember it well). Thinking about it though, if any other sports league adopted that policy, it would seem strange to me. Personally I think 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT/SO win, and 1 point for OT/SO loss makes more sense in my head. Make every game worth 3 points total. That just seems more sensible to me, but I don't really have an issue with the way it is.

5.Simon Tremblay the schedule maker granted us 12 games against Cologne this season while every other team only played them 10 times. What crime do you think Stockholm Vikings must have committed to deserve this?

I mean, other teams can actually beat Cologne (even Bratislava has beat them more than we have), so can we really play Simon?

6. Are you in any of the VHL's affiliate leagues (EFL, SBA, etc.) and if so, which ones and how much do you enjoy them?

I have been in EFL and PBE (I assume this one is an affiliate). I enjoyed them well enough when I had the time, though I didn't actually stay active throughout a player's full career. The Offensive Rookie of the Year Award is named after my player in the EFL, so that's cool.

On 2/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending March 5th

1. By the time I got to this, we ended up being third

2. It looks like the Rush ended up being 4th

3. It takes all of us, but Alex has been a big help

4. I think it is fair, you may have lost but they couldn't beat you in regular time

5. Probably thought that we were doing too good and needed to be brought down a peg

6. I was in EFL and SBA, but their portal is not as good as VHL's so I left. I am in PBE and a few others now

avJieZ4.png

For Week ending March 12th

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, answer em all for 2! (capped)

You can claim it herehttps://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt under Capped and then Press Conference.

1. After making the playoffs, we've begun the semifinal round vs Oslo and we are up 2-0 already! How many games do you think the series will go to?

2. How do you see the other series between Geneva and Cologne ending? (COL leads 2-0)

3. Travis Clark has yet to concede a goal this playoffs, posting 2 shutouts against Oslo. How crucial will he be to this teams success going forward?

4. If you do point tasks, what do you prefer to do, write articles or make graphics? If you don't do point tasks, do you prefer writing or art in general?

5. As we approach the end of our season (with a cup win I hope), what is next for your player. Do you think you will stay with Stockholm, change teams, or move up to the VHL?

6. What is your favorite kind of music to listen to? If you're not a music person, what do you like to do instead?

7 hours ago, sadie said:

avJieZ4.png

You can claim it herehttps://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt under Capped and then Press Conference.

1. After making the playoffs, we've begun the semifinal round vs Oslo and we are up 2-0 already! How many games do you think the series will go to?

2. How do you see the other series between Geneva and Cologne ending? (COL leads 2-0)

3. Travis Clark has yet to concede a goal this playoffs, posting 2 shutouts against Oslo. How crucial will he be to this teams success going forward?

4. If you do point tasks, what do you prefer to do, write articles or make graphics? If you don't do point tasks, do you prefer writing or art in general?

5. As we approach the end of our season (with a cup win I hope), what is next for your player. Do you think you will stay with Stockholm, change teams, or move up to the VHL?

6. What is your favorite kind of music to listen to? If you're not a music person, what do you like to do instead?

1. I'm thinking 6 games. Oslo is definitely a good team, but we've matched up pretty well against them, especially down the stretch. Still, should be a pretty close series, but I don't think we'll have to sweat out a Game 7.

2. Cologne in four. I might have given Geneva a game if it weren't now 3-0, but the Express are the best team in the VHLE. It may have been interesting if Vasteras could have advanced to this round, though. Cologne actually had a losing record against them in the regular season.

3. Three games in now and we've failed to score more than 2 goals in a game. Against Oslo in the regular season, we scored 2.2 per game, and against Cologne it was just 1.75. Travis Clark is going to be key to our success in the rest of the playoffs, but we do still need to score more goals.

4. It really depends. I've done a lot of graphics, media spots, and podcasts in my time here. Sometimes I'm feeling in a mood to make graphics, sometimes I'm not. I do think I prefer to make a bunch of graphics when I have the time and desire, so that I don't end up missing my point task for a week. I think in general though, I prefer writing, because I'm not great at making graphics, but I do get the most satisfaction out of somehow making a graphic that I really like.

5. It's going to be the VHL for me. It's been my desire for a while to play nine seasons in the VHL with Jacob Stone.

6. Pop punk/pop rock/punk rock. Favorite bands are Motion City Soundtrack, Alkaline Trio, and Billy Talent.

23 hours ago, sadie said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Hopefully it will be 5 or 6, given that we are now up 3-1.

2. I think that Cologne will be able to take care of business

3. Extremely important, as a goalie getting hot at the right time is great

4. I can do graphics, but I really prefer media of I have to do it weekly.

5. I am planning on getting called up

6. Metal and rock music, and also old school rap.

avJieZ4.png

For Week ending March 19th

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE

Answer 6 questions for 2!

1. Unfortunately, the Vikings season came to an end against Oslo despite a valiant effort from Travis Clark with 50 saves. Oslo was able to overcome the defense that had stopped them in the first half of the series. The final with the Storm and the Express is deadlocked at 2-2; who do you think wins the championship for S87?

2. Our excellent GM, MubbleFubbles, is stepping down as this season ends. What is something you appreciated about him during his tenure with Stockholm?

3. What is the biggest thing your player needs to work on in preparation for next season?

4. If you were to relocate a VHL team, who would you put where (and what would their name be)?

5. In the playoffs, would you rather be decisively beaten in 4/5 games or lose heartbreakingly in a game 7?

6. Do you have a favorite book/movie? If so, what is it?

1. Unfortunately, the Vikings season came to an end against Oslo despite a valiant effort from Travis Clark with 50 saves. Oslo was able to overcome the defense that had stopped them in the first half of the series. The final with the Storm and the Express is deadlocked at 2-2; who do you think wins the championship for S87?

Oslo is up 3-2 now, so it's a little easier for me to pick them, but I probably would have when it was 2-2 as well. As bad as we matched up against Cologne this season, Oslo actually played them pretty well. The W/L was even, but the Storm did have the edge in goal differential.

2. Our excellent GM, MubbleFubbles, is stepping down as this season ends. What is something you appreciated about him during his tenure with Stockholm?

It was nice that he gave shoutouts to players who did well in the sims, and notable achievements.

3. What is the biggest thing your player needs to work on in preparation for next season?

I think I need to get my skating and scoring up most.

4. If you were to relocate a VHL team, who would you put where (and what would their name be)?

New York Americans. I know there was a time when they were the top team in the league for a bit, but they have been bad for a while. I think a lot of people would have the New York Americans brand ranked near the worst, if not on the bottom. There is enough red and blue in the logos around the league. Lets get another green team. As for where to put them, and what the team name is, I don't know, let's go Minnesota, since they lost their VHLM team.

5. In the playoffs, would you rather be decisively beaten in 4/5 games or lose heartbreakingly in a game 7?

That really depends on my expectations going into the series. If I think we have absolutely no shot going in, I'd rather lose quickly than gain some hope. If I think we have a chance to win, I'd prefer the series going to 7.

6. Do you have a favorite book/movie? If so, what is it?

Favorite book: Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. Favorite movie: Rushmore.

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending March 26th, 2023

1. The big news in Stockholm this weekend was the announcement of the Vikings' new General Manager, @twists. What's the biggest thing that he should know as he starts his tenure with the team?

2. Stockholm also welcomed some guy called @Doomsday as the new Assistant General Manager. One of his previous players, Jack Kowalski, was the first draft pick of the Stockholm Vikings during their VHL stint, and his current player, Oskar Lindbergh, played for the Vikings team during the very first games of the VHLE in the off-season tourney. Does this prior connection to the franchise have any meaning to you?

3. Current Stockholm defenseman Jacob Stone @scoop is projected to be the first overall pick in the Season 88 VHL Entry Draft. Do you think he makes the jump to the VHL right away, or does he have one more season left with the Vikings?

4. The Vikings don't have much in the way of draft picks this season, so in what way do you see Stockholm finding a way to improve from last season?

5. What's something that in your opinion would make the VHLE a better experience?

6. Boneless wings: are they real wings or just a fancy chicken nugget?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending March 26th, 2023

1. The big news in Stockholm this weekend was the announcement of the Vikings' new General Manager, @twists. What's the biggest thing that he should know as he starts his tenure with the team?

2. Stockholm also welcomed some guy called @Doomsday as the new Assistant General Manager. One of his previous players, Jack Kowalski, was the first draft pick of the Stockholm Vikings during their VHL stint, and his current player, Oskar Lindbergh, played for the Vikings team during the very first games of the VHLE in the off-season tourney. Does this prior connection to the franchise have any meaning to you?

3. Current Stockholm defenseman Jacob Stone @scoop is projected to be the first overall pick in the Season 88 VHL Entry Draft. Do you think he makes the jump to the VHL right away, or does he have one more season left with the Vikings?

4. The Vikings don't have much in the way of draft picks this season, so in what way do you see Stockholm finding a way to improve from last season?

5. What's something that in your opinion would make the VHLE a better experience?

1.  While I don’t about the team since I just got moved up from the minors, I myself have high expectations as Twists is a current player for my old minors team. 

2. of course, every team has a great player that contributed a lot. It just means that the franchise means something to him. 

3. I hope he has one more season left with us, but most likely the team that drafts him already has plans for him. 

4. well I would have to say that the Vikings would just have to use a combination of their veteran players and their prospects. 

5. as of right now, nothing since I just got called up and haven’t played a single game yet. 

6. While I do enjoy boneless wings since I’m a guy that likes food in general, but to me , they are a just a bit like a fancy chicken nugget..

Edited by StoneWallGoalie077

The upper tier of players are probably less valuable than 'clickers' because you only have them for one good season. In any draft, two second round picks are probably going to be more valuable than first overall. I've never been a VHLE GM though.

As someone who has had close connections to certain franchises myself, it's nice to see others care about things like that. Maybe you'll put a little more care into the team because it's Stockholm than you would if you were AGM for another team.

If I were to stay in the VHLE, I'm pretty sure I would actually go into the VHLE draft, since I was not drafted to Stockholm. Regardless, my intention is 100% to play in the VHL this season.

Honestly I have no idea. Somehow we just kept acquiring more and more players in the off-season last year and I don't know where they were coming from. Looks like the team just needs some of those defenseman free agents that are in the 280-310 TPE range. The forwards look better than last year, as a lot of the better players are still around. I think the core can together replace the loss of Bridges' offensive production.

My last suggestion for the VHLE was that the league just re-drafts every season, so I don't know if you want my opinions on the league. I don't know, given that I'm a max TPE earner, the VHLE is just essentially a second VHLM to me. I'm never going to be on a team longer than one season. Maybe an All Star Game. Whatever happened to All Star Games around here?

Boneless wings are neither wings nor nuggets. They are a different thing. I don't really care, but anyone who is going to disparage someone for eating boneless wings (or chicken nuggets or whatever) is an asshole, and you cant change my opinion on that.