THIS VHLM ISSUE NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.... ASAP

Spence King

This has been an age old issue since i joined the vhlm as a complete noob in S69 and when choosing a team through team offers in the waiver process i had NO IDEA about this problem , but how could i ? How could any new user joining the league , even experienced vets be able to predict the future and this issue is teams having incomplete rosters... 

Personally from my experience when i have created players it was never a thought in my mind WHO i would be playing with or checking every single VHLM team hoping that the team that has 4 Forwards and 2 D make me an offer after when ive already been offered amazing pitches from teams that have a full and active LR. This is my point exactly ... for the users drafted to these VHLM teams that end up with maybe no goalie or not even 4 D or 6 F really miss out on the team aspect in the discord compared to an active LR with First Gens and Vets and all the information your subconsciously taking in. That opportunity doesnt exist for any of these users that get stuck on teams like this for example Saskatoon , Halifax and Las Vegas this season all have atrocious roster sizes. This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with those organizations GMs nor am i saying anything negative about them. This has been an issue since i can ever remember. The waiver system is flawed. 

LBH Some GMS truly do have a much better way of pitching and some are just quick on the trigger which makes SUCH a massive difference especially with the ultimate most important part and thats filling the roster with 1st gens and actually having enough bodies on the ice for the sims and not to mention making the LR experience real EVERYWHERE you go ! NO TEAM SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY IF THEY DO NOT MEET THE ROSTER MINIMUM AND THEREFORE SHALL "FOLD" for the season IMO if this problem doesnt get addressed. I have no answers... My best proposal would be to make a waiver limit. Once a team has reached the team minimum they are now put at the bottom of the waiver line and may not put in an offer to the user until each of the teams without roster spots have had more than an opportunity to make a pitch.

SORRY , this was just hot on my mind and just would love to see each team have  full rosters , it really makes me sad :(

This does seem to be a pretty important matter. I was fortunate enough to join a pretty lively team and I've been having a great time. It did occur to me though that there's probably a few teams that must have very quite locker rooms and I wish that they had the same enjoyment that I am having with this. I'm not sure how to solve this issue but a wavier limit would make sense.

Hi, I think this is a strongly worded article and you are passionate about the topic let me throw in my 5c

On 10/3/2021 at 2:03 PM, Spence King said:

even experienced vets be able to predict the future and this issue is teams having incomplete rosters

Vets should be able to predict which teams will be hot or not. You can look at the draft picks and teams with no draft picks will rely on waivers solely to get players and will not be able to compete. Also they start behind the 8 ball in regards to roster size. (i.e. more ice time for you less success for the team)

checking every single VHLM team hoping that the team that has 4 Forwards and 2 D make me an offer after when ive already been offered amazing pitches from teams that have a full and active LR.

The pitch should tell you roughly how many people are on the team. If you are getting 3rd line minutes you know they have usually 2 full lines. If they offer you 1st line minutes they have next to no players.

team aspect in the discord compared to an active LR with First Gens and Vets and all the information your subconsciously taking in.

I 100% believe that there should be an open channel in most locker rooms to help the team find their feet and for alumni to join in conversation. Then once your team has a bit of a comradery then you can move behind closed doors if you need to talk strategy.

NO TEAM SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY IF THEY DO NOT MEET THE ROSTER MINIMUM AND THEREFORE SHALL "FOLD" for the season IMO if this problem doesnt get addressed.

The problem with this idea is that the waiver system is a way of introducing players into a team all season long. If there is a big influx of people you need the roster space to accommodate.

My best proposal would be to make a waiver limit.

This does already exist and stops teams getting all the waivers

Yeah I agree, I think there is a major problem in the M which is somewhat related to this. GM's are required to pitch on pretty much everyone, but they also try to win, which isn't the goal of the M. So what ends up happening is teams trade all their prospects one season for picks the next, and end up with no or very little people on the team which causes retention issues imo. I think when I joined in S63 I only stayed around because of the team and if it was just me and the gm I probably would've dipped. Considering the M is a development league I don't think anyone should be competing or "tanking" to compete the next season. What Houston did last season with having 0 players on the roster is definitely against the spirit of the M.

Eno has a good idea on how to fix this, which I agree with. Just ban draft pick trading so all teams end up with a somewhat even amount of players considering some people are better at pitching than others, but every team would have an equal amount of players from the draft.

10 hours ago, Nykonax said:

Eno has a good idea on how to fix this, which I agree with. Just ban draft pick trading so all teams end up with a somewhat even amount of players considering some people are better at pitching than others, but every team would have an equal amount of players from the draft.

Make it more like the E tbh 👏

13 hours ago, Nykonax said:

Don't know why this was changed in the first place - I believe at one point a team couldn't have more than 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for any draft, but that was removed at some point. 

I think I'm going pretty far back with this though.

37 minutes ago, Fire Vigneault said:

Don't know why this was changed in the first place - I believe at one point a team couldn't have more than 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for any draft, but that was removed at some point. 

Thats still a rule, teams just tell other teams who to pick for them then trade for that player

1 hour ago, Fire Vigneault said:

Yeah unfortunately it has gotten to the point now where teams are intentionally circumventing this rule by picking players and trading for them afterwards. Draft pick trade banning may be the move.