Ottawa VS Yukon

These two teams are absolutely crazy good this season, both on pace to break some VHLM records for the season. With only one point separating these two teams the question comes to mind, will these teams meet in the cup finals? It's absolutely a question worth asking as these teams are both top of their respective conferences and outperforming every other team in the league. For reference Ottawa is currently in first with 50 points, Yukon is in 2nd with 49, and third place in the league is Houston with 39 points. There's some space between these teams and the rest for sure, and possibly more space to come as these teams continue to dominate in their respective conferences. Lets take a look at these two teams and compare them in depth, something I haven't committed to doing in quite a long time. So without further ado lets get this show on the road and compare TPE totals, and then an in-depth roster analysis for both of these juggernauts.

Ottawa Lynx: 3005 TPA Total

Ottawa is stacked when it comes to their overall TPA values, though only two players are maxed out at 200.

Ottawa has a TPA total of 1481 on offense, 724 on Defense and 200 on goalies.

Top players on this team stat wise include, Austin Towbaker @Domino, Juice Box @Siddhus, Finn Davis @M1nT, and The Red Menace @Me.

Austin Towbaker has 33 goals and 35 assists for 68 points in 27 games.

Juice Box has 29 goals and 38 assists for 67 points in 27 games.

Finn Davis has 15 goals and 51 assists for 66 assists in 27 games.

The Red Menace is currently 25-2-0 with a .903 SV% and a 2.66 GAA with two total shutouts in 27 games.

Yukon Rush: 2014 TPA Total

Yukon has a very solid TPA total, and has more maxed out players than Ottawa with four total.

Yukon has a TPA total of 1161, 570 on defense, and 83 on goalies. 

Top players on this team stat wise include, Kyosti Karjalainen @UnkemptCL4PTP, Harkat Mulds @hylands, Hulk Hogan 2 @TXC and Thomas Price @Thunderidge

Kyosti Karjalainen has 33 goals and 31 assists for 64 points in 27 games.

Harkat Mulds has 23 goals and 38 assists for 61 points in 27 games.

Hulk Hogan 2 has 14 goals and 40 assists for a total of 54, and 47 shots blocked in 27 games.

Thomas Price is 24-2-1 with a .874 SV% and a 3.51 GAA with one shutout in 27 games.

When we compare some of these stats together we have two different stories that seem to appear. Ottawas story is that of expert drafting and team building by none other than @16z. With three first round picks this season and three next season, 16z has set Ottawa up to be good not just this season, but next season as well. Ottawa absolutely has an expert GM handling the team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 16z expertly coach a VHLE or VHL team in the near future as he's sure to draw some kind of attention to himself as time goes on. We also see the story of expert goaltending in Ottawa with a well rounded offense and defense. 

What we see in Yukon is similar but also worlds apart, we see a team with much less human players on defense and a 83 TPA goalie leading his team to victory. Yukon being this good isn't because of their numbers, and while having 1161 TPA on offense is nothing to sneeze at, their defense is thin comparatively. But having said that the offense more than makes up for the defensive numbers, 186 goals for in 27 games is absolutely phenomenal. But let's also take a look at this young stud Thomas Price, who if I'm being honest deserves to be mentioned in the Benoit Devereux trophy talks. the 83 TPA wonder is absolutely stunning the league with leading this team to victory. Under normal circumstances this would be impressive, but given how dominate Yukon has been this feat is absolutely enormous. 

That all being said, Yukon and Ottawa are absolutely the favorites to make it to the final and the most likely matchup, though the STHS is known to make everyone who utters a prediction eat shit. I look forward to seeing how these teams continue to play for the rest of the season, but making a prediction I'd have to say that if either of these teams were to run out of steam it would have to be Yukon as their numbers are just inferior to some other teams out there, and as other players on other teams begin to catch up in the TPA department we could see a completely different story begin to emerge. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed my article, and I'd love some feedback if you could tell me if maybe you'd want some more of these matchup article. Well I hear my dad coming home from the bar, I'd better grab my helmet and jockstrap. Stay warm and stay icy, Seacrest out.

Review: wow, this is great.

I love the fact that it isn't just a text, but you added also stats like for exemple how many tpes in total has each team, really cool.

I have nothing to say about where you can train more or just put more attention in.

In the end this gets a solid 9 out of a 10, good job mate, keep it up

Grade: 10/10

I really enjoyed this one, think you did a great job. You can tell off the jump the amount of work you put into it with laying out the different stats, but the forward-looking analysis of what it means for the rest of the season lived up to it as well. The article flowed well from beginning to end, and I think it was laid out well with the intro, stats, comparison, then look forward. The presentation was great too with the colored/bolded headings, and I always appreciate the little detail of tagging the people you're talking about. All in all it made me interested to read about other matchups in the series even as someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the VHLM, which is the best thing I can say about a piece.