The damn search function

bigAL

It's not just me, it's actually trash right? I can never find anything. 

36gGrMc.jpg

Those Boolean features are just teases because they do not help at all. Groovy Dood (or "groovy" or "dood") does not appear in Will3's post. Why would I ever want to search for the word "and"? Ugh.

This is probably a forum problem we can't do anything about, but does anyone have any tips or tricks or workarounds for using this damn "search" "function"?

Yeah the only time I really "find" something is when I look through 15 pages with something I type that's related to the thing I'm trying to find.. Even gotta use advanced search for that. Never find anything searching straight up usually, it's a shame really because it could be very useful for everything

Edited by 16z

2 hours ago, Domg5 said:

Why do you write AND though?

That's the Boolean operator, kinda like an Excel formula I wanted to find an article that had both "Groovy Dood" and "junior" in it. Theoretically, if I didn't put AND and just put groovy dood junior, it'd ring up any article that had "groovy" or "dood" or "junior", whether it had one, two, or all three of those words.

Googling and searching is actually a surprisingly complex science haha

4 hours ago, bigAL said:

That's the Boolean operator, kinda like an Excel formula I wanted to find an article that had both "Groovy Dood" and "junior" in it. Theoretically, if I didn't put AND and just put groovy dood junior, it'd ring up any article that had "groovy" or "dood" or "junior", whether it had one, two, or all three of those words.

Googling and searching is actually a surprisingly complex science haha

Yeah I know for google but I mean, its not google

Edited by Domg5

13 hours ago, bigAL said:

Score goals AND assists NOT penalties IN VHL

That’s how we finally solve the checking AND penalties problem! We haven’t been using the bools! 

Checking NOT Penalties coming to a VHLE team near you, S87.