Beers with Boot - Episode 2

dasboot

Logo.png.76cae8cea6a4ec7625eb39df932a9efc.png

BEER COUNT: III

Back at it, you all thought a second episode wouldn't come, but against your wishes it's here, only a month later. Had some fun with the editing, feels a lot more smooth this episode. Still lots of hmms and hums podcasting alone, but felt more up tempo this episode. Thanks for listening. 

Topics today were:

0:17 - Conversation with myself

0:59 - Life and Vinny Detroit update

9:57 - VHLE

26:07 - Recent bans / moderation

If you have any suggestions, complaints or topics you want me to discuss, hit me up. Go here and ask questions for the podcast and earn TPE as a press conference! Cheers.

nice podcast

sadge you don't like the Stockholm blue, I just suggested that because 2/6 VHLE teams already have red as their main colour (and debatably 6/16 VHL teams), plus it ties into the Swedish flag 🇸🇪

What I liked about your conversation with yourself is that it felt like your exaggerated Canadian half and your exaggerated Australian half were fighting to come out.

Yeah you better believe that George Nashville is coming in S87 or whatever to tear down everything you will one day hold dear.

The Gladiators were in fact an old VHLM team from Minot. @Victor is indeed an old lazy fuck.

I like the new old teams, the brands were solid and it was both easy and neat to bring some of them back. Some wild locations would be fun though.

Fun fact: I literally just drove through the town of Cochin, SK, which contains a lighthouse. On a hill, in the prairies, just by a lake I guess. Relocate Bratislava there! 

The VHLE is certainly imperfect, but it is and was addressing a critical roster issue in the VHL. We’ll just have to make sure we stay on top of issues and consequences that crop up from adding a third league.

All in all, great podcast, glad I finally got a chance to listen, though it makes me want to drink at points when I’m not able to so fuck.

No better start to a podcast then cracking one open, but that 2nd blonde did sound kind of flat LOL. Also, the manager sounds like a dick.

Some good content boot, and nice to hear your opinions about the VHLE and the suspensions/bans. Good news...you got a mod job!

Cheers mate

sdjO-d.gif

Review: really really good podcast and I agree with alot of your opinions. The structure of your podcast is smooth and precise. It could use more beer included and sometimes it sounds like you are talking to someone and they are about to answer but no one to answer you. Other than that 9/10 just needs more beer

On 11/10/2021 at 3:14 AM, JardyB10 said:

What I liked about your conversation with yourself is that it felt like your exaggerated Canadian half and your exaggerated Australian half were fighting to come out.

It was an epic power move hiring yourself to do your intro. Why not eh, there's an Aussie and a Canadian person each in that intro.

Selling skunky beer is a sleazy move, but I guess way up at the lodge, he who has the beer has the power.

> "There are so many people who want to be GMs, and they just promoted mostly VHLM GMs to the E? Whyyy?"

We really, really don't like people to see the VHLM as a stepping stone to a bigger league GM job, but in this case, it kinda was. Adding the E was going to change the purpose and philosophy of the VHLM, and to be fair to the GMs there, that wasn't exactly what they signed up for. We wanted to give them a chance to run a more-competitive development league team, as the VHLM gets "less competitive" with the lower TPE cap. In replacing the VHLM GMs, commissioners can find people who know what they're getting themselves into. Getting hired into the newest, super-development-focused version of the VHLM is like getting hired to a rebuilding team - you have to understand the purpose and be on board with it, because if you're not, it'll be a bad time for the GM and the team.

Frig you're smart eh, you predicted the "too many teams in the VHLM" problem way before we yoinked Yukon and Minnesota from the league. Nicely done.

We're happy to have you on the mod team, probably because you've had run ins and genuine reconciliations with fong and Quik. 

For fucks sakes man, put a note on your fridge to remind yourself to wait and crack the beer ten seconds later so we can hear the satisfying sound too.