My first AGM draft thoughts

WildfireMicro

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and I am the new Cologne Assistant GM. I am extremely excited to be given this position and I hope I can help lead this team to big success. This is my first true GM job and I cannot be more excited to be doing this. My first draft just happened yesterday and I hope that I can recap our first 4 picks and what I think of them overall. I think overall we had a really good draft despite some hiccups and these are the picks I was awake for:

For our first pick we were waiting for what the Red Wolves would do with the first pick. Thankfully they didn't take the guy we really wanted so we took Maximus Decimus Meridius, aka user Beaviss. Beaviss is a cool guy who is usually extremely active in the main server, although I don't think I need to introduce him given how well known he is. He usually has good builds as well according to my GM Bartzy so that is a bonus. Overall I am extremely happy with who we got with the second overall pick.

Our next pick is Alexandre Leduc from user Alexandre, who is a right winger. He currently has 250 TPE but right now I do not know him much as a user. Hey I don't know a lot of people in this league so bare with me. I am a first generation player after all.  His best stats right now seem to be Scoring and Puckhandling which should help us get a lot of goals. He was the last player picked who had 250 TPE or above as well so that is really good. A really good pick for our 2nd rounder.

In the 3rd round we went with a player that I had my eye on due to his high scoring in Johnny Xavier from user Johnny_HX. Bartzy said we needed a Center with high scoring as a top priority so I am happy that I found Johnny. We also needed a goalie for the future, so we targeted a few for our 4th round pick. However, each of them were chosen before we could get them. Heck, Ed Nu was taken in the pick right before us so that is a bit frustrating. Instead we decided to take Ashton Komaryk from user Komaryk who is a right winger with good scoring.

Overall I am happy with how this draft turned out. Me and Bartzy worked well together and I even got to get a player that I had my eyes on in Johnny. These are the players chosen that I was awake for however. I feel like this whole experience as a AGM will be fun and frustrating at the same time, but I am ready for it. I would love to win a VHLE title as both a player and an AGM. My career in the VHL overall has gotten off to a hot start with title and WJC gold medal and I am ready to achieve more. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

1 hour ago, WildfireMicro said:

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and I am the new Cologne Assistant GM. I am extremely excited to be given this position and I hope I can help lead this team to big success. This is my first true GM job and I cannot be more excited to be doing this. My first draft just happened yesterday and I hope that I can recap our first 4 picks and what I think of them overall. I think overall we had a really good draft despite some hiccups and these are the picks I was awake for:

For our first pick we were waiting for what the Red Wolves would do with the first pick. Thankfully they didn't take the guy we really wanted so we took Maximus Decimus Meridius, aka user Beaviss. Beaviss is a cool guy who is usually extremely active in the main server, although I don't think I need to introduce him given how well known he is. He usually has good builds as well according to my GM Bartzy so that is a bonus. Overall I am extremely happy with who we got with the second overall pick.

Our next pick is Alexandre Leduc from user Alexandre, who is a right winger. He currently has 250 TPE but right now I do not know him much as a user. Hey I don't know a lot of people in this league so bare with me. I am a first generation player after all.  His best stats right now seem to be Scoring and Puckhandling which should help us get a lot of goals. He was the last player picked who had 250 TPE or above as well so that is really good. A really good pick for our 2nd rounder.

In the 3rd round we went with a player that I had my eye on due to his high scoring in Johnny Xavier from user Johnny_HX. Bartzy said we needed a Center with high scoring as a top priority so I am happy that I found Johnny. We also needed a goalie for the future, so we targeted a few for our 4th round pick. However, each of them were chosen before we could get them. Heck, Ed Nu was taken in the pick right before us so that is a bit frustrating. Instead we decided to take Ashton Komaryk from user Komaryk who is a right winger with good scoring.

Overall I am happy with how this draft turned out. Me and Bartzy worked well together and I even got to get a player that I had my eyes on in Johnny. These are the players chosen that I was awake for however. I feel like this whole experience as a AGM will be fun and frustrating at the same time, but I am ready for it. I would love to win a VHLE title as both a player and an AGM. My career in the VHL overall has gotten off to a hot start with title and WJC gold medal and I am ready to achieve more. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

stole my idea ;) great read though. you did well

Review: 8/10

Liked this one, thought it was an interesting first-person perspective. The way it's written lets me really get inside your head and what you were thinking at the time, and it's written in a conversational style that's easy to read from beginning to end. A few grammar errors sneak in there too as a result, but I'm not as concerned since a blog or diary entry-style is what you're going for here anyway. Also wouldn't mind some presentation upgrades here too, like a photo or even bolding/tagging the draftee's names. But all in all solid, and best of luck to your first season as AGM (but not too much luck since I'll still be rooting for Vasteras)

Review: As someone that is a big fan of engagement these articles are great for people outside of the team and inside. It gives a good look inside the head of someone when picking players and also why they are being picked where they are. If you tagged said members in the thread (such as myself) I would have probably seen it earlier. Some additional little things such as bolding names and or teams would go along way visually but its still written well. 7.5/10 formatting, tags and pictures could get you 8+ easy.

8.5/10

This draft was also my first draft experience as an agm as well! It was definitely fun for me and I’m glad you seemed to have a fun time also. I like the read, super interesting to hear how you valued these players and what you liked about them. Formatting could a bit better and some pictures could add some volume to the article but some times it is hard to do that especially if you’re in a time crunch! Good read and good luck this season!