Talking 2 N0HBDY Ep.7

N0HBDY

Already Episode 7??? Whelp I once again came with more topics I wrote down beforehand because being a prepared podcaster >>> than being a stupid scrub that says random stuff off the top of their head. I talked about a relatively good amount of people compared to my other episodes, you'll have to listen to find out if you're mentioned. Otherwise more Jardy slander coming soon.

https://anchor.fm/n0hbdy/episodes/Talking-2-N0HBDY-Ep-7-e1b0p4v

Nice podcast! As a heads up, I'm planning to do a "Writing Only" speed run myself at some point, so I'll be making an extra leader-board for "Non-GFX" runs, although if you were to do the run you'd obviously still be eligible for the standard leader-board as well!

No intro, minus 1 TPE - you set the bar too high for yourself. Generic intro is fine if you get the vibe right. Music is fine, your last intro/outro was like a full minute of music and didn't fit with your vibe at all. The last one I listened to at least. @dasboot's recorded intros with his guitar was perfect. Learn from him.

Imagine being prepared for a podcast. Imagine saying the VHLM is your favorite when you're more active in Moscow than your own locker room smh.

This YouTube ad has probably been one of the larger influxes of members, but we can look back and see that retention rates are quite low. More volume = more people retained, but the % is still low I think.

You started talking about Mississauga and I stopped listening, will comment again once it's done. I do enjoy hearing about shit stomps though. I can't believe you would throw your own backup under the bus in a loss. What a horrendous thing to say! How are you going to start this podcast by talking about the recruitment boost and then say you have no depth. Train up your newbies smh. Waiver warriors win championships. Don't fucking trade your picks in this next draft, stock up. There were so many post-draft creates, you're going to want those picks because the draft will likely be deep.

First rule of advisory council is that you don't talk about advisory council you bum. As soon as I complained about our PK and PP, we went 4/8 on the PP against Prague and then 6/6 on the PK lol. Simon hears all. I also am not really adjusting things, I just gripe about things beyond our control. I haven't changed lines once, all I've done is rotated in Kobe for a backup start. Why did we start talking about Moscow and then go back to the VHLM, this is such a letdown. I thought the content was getting good :( 

Cole Pearce 1oa woo woo! Higher draft pedigree than Nico Pearce, damn buddy. LMFAO you suck, letting the backup beat you. Goalie builds are quite annoying, there's a core 4 to follow just as there is for skaters, but within that, there's an SC/DF equivalent. I think it's rebounds and style control? I'd go look at Rara's build when he was in the VHLM as the guide to follow, it's what I ended up giving to my goalies in the VHLM since I've never been a goalie. God damn you're already trying to get traded off the team????????? I think the Pearce's are just both pretentious asshats at this point, then there's Calix who no one knows. Like Peyton and Eli, then there's Archie. Did you just.....crap yourself? I'm concerned. Though I get wanting to go to competing teams and making your season seem worth it, although I found it hypocritical for myself to say the VHLM is for development/growth/community building while also wanting to win. Interesting fence to balance on.

I hear VHLE, I sleep. I heard Sam, I think you blamed the sims, or lack of sims, on her. Seems right.

I hear Moscow, I awake. Captain curse is painful man. Only Newhook survived the full season, but he ended up retiring after that season. The order since I became GM was Palloon, traded midseason to Prague. Newhook, retired after the season. You, traded the next offseason. Phil Stein, traded the next offseason/option not picked up. Out of all the losses, I found the Stein one the most difficult one to execute, and it makes me more disappointed to know that he doesn't want to be active currently due to life stuff. Hoping for the best from him, he'll come back eventually. Chatted with him a couple days ago. Oi I'm not a bad fucking gambler, I've never been in the red for my balances. I'm at a positive return on investment from my first $20 that I ever spent on betting smh.

Moscow meta was basically intended, fight fire with fire, although we definitely aren't at the level VAN was last season. Moreau has 95 PA, Idaho has 80 PA, Seabass has like 70 as well. Granted Atreides has 50 PA, Pearce, Glass, Strong all have 40. You're not going to get any lashback from me, because I don't like it but I'll do what I need to do to win games as long as it's following the rules, and as long as the folks on the team are having a good time. Winning usually = good time. I will be very happy if/when rules to combat meta builds go into effect, but for now if it helps us win then we'll roll with it. I think the people on the team are talented enough on their own merits to win games, it's a good roster on paper even if the builds weren't necessarily meta.

Gus' article will be interesting, I responded as well. I doubt it'll be a very controversial article since Gus isn't one to make emotional/passionate posts, and when handling other people's responses, you sort of have to treat them as data points to make a very neutral, "facts only" article. It's one people will read and go "hm ok, those are the opinions, the common ones, very neutrally presented." It'll be a good reference for folks with more opinionated perspectives to build their own points off of if Gus' articles fits their narrative. 

Max earning speedrunning is nice and all until someone gets their claim denied for a lack of effort. Hogan fucked up and posted all his claims into the wrong week, which I then had to fix. It also seems easiest for a graphics person to get it done. I'd record the video of you writing a media spot in 5 minutes, that's 6, a pc for 2 and 1 review,  then the video is 3 TPE since it's a vhl.com article. Could have it all done in like 7 minutes if you're a fast typer. Godspeed.

Do you get turned on by people drinking beer? This is concerning. 

SBA content 😠 I will be deducting time spoken about the SBA from this podcast /s. I can't believe you fucked up player creation twice. 

Wooo Laine is not leaving we love Laine! M GM drama? I didn't listen to the last one, idk what you said. But it seems to be p common for an M GM to think someone else fleeces folks, don't think it should be taken personally. More of a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." I do think targeting new GM's to trade with is a bit shady, but it is what it is. At least wait a few days before sharking the new folks, that goes to a lot of you.

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

No intro, minus 1 TPE - you set the bar too high for yourself. Generic intro is fine if you get the vibe right. Music is fine, your last intro/outro was like a full minute of music and didn't fit with your vibe at all. The last one I listened to at least. @dasboot's recorded intros with his guitar was perfect. Learn from him.

Imagine being prepared for a podcast. Imagine saying the VHLM is your favorite when you're more active in Moscow than your own locker room smh.

This YouTube ad has probably been one of the larger influxes of members, but we can look back and see that retention rates are quite low. More volume = more people retained, but the % is still low I think.

You started talking about Mississauga and I stopped listening, will comment again once it's done. I do enjoy hearing about shit stomps though. I can't believe you would throw your own backup under the bus in a loss. What a horrendous thing to say! How are you going to start this podcast by talking about the recruitment boost and then say you have no depth. Train up your newbies smh. Waiver warriors win championships. Don't fucking trade your picks in this next draft, stock up. There were so many post-draft creates, you're going to want those picks because the draft will likely be deep.

First rule of advisory council is that you don't talk about advisory council you bum. As soon as I complained about our PK and PP, we went 4/8 on the PP against Prague and then 6/6 on the PK lol. Simon hears all. I also am not really adjusting things, I just gripe about things beyond our control. I haven't changed lines once, all I've done is rotated in Kobe for a backup start. Why did we start talking about Moscow and then go back to the VHLM, this is such a letdown. I thought the content was getting good :( 

Cole Pearce 1oa woo woo! Higher draft pedigree than Nico Pearce, damn buddy. LMFAO you suck, letting the backup beat you. Goalie builds are quite annoying, there's a core 4 to follow just as there is for skaters, but within that, there's an SC/DF equivalent. I think it's rebounds and style control? I'd go look at Rara's build when he was in the VHLM as the guide to follow, it's what I ended up giving to my goalies in the VHLM since I've never been a goalie. God damn you're already trying to get traded off the team????????? I think the Pearce's are just both pretentious asshats at this point, then there's Calix who no one knows. Like Peyton and Eli, then there's Archie. Did you just.....crap yourself? I'm concerned. Though I get wanting to go to competing teams and making your season seem worth it, although I found it hypocritical for myself to say the VHLM is for development/growth/community building while also wanting to win. Interesting fence to balance on.

I hear VHLE, I sleep. I heard Sam, I think you blamed the sims, or lack of sims, on her. Seems right.

I hear Moscow, I awake. Captain curse is painful man. Only Newhook survived the full season, but he ended up retiring after that season. The order since I became GM was Palloon, traded midseason to Prague. Newhook, retired after the season. You, traded the next offseason. Phil Stein, traded the next offseason/option not picked up. Out of all the losses, I found the Stein one the most difficult one to execute, and it makes me more disappointed to know that he doesn't want to be active currently due to life stuff. Hoping for the best from him, he'll come back eventually. Chatted with him a couple days ago. Oi I'm not a bad fucking gambler, I've never been in the red for my balances. I'm at a positive return on investment from my first $20 that I ever spent on betting smh.

Moscow meta was basically intended, fight fire with fire, although we definitely aren't at the level VAN was last season. Moreau has 95 PA, Idaho has 80 PA, Seabass has like 70 as well. Granted Atreides has 50 PA, Pearce, Glass, Strong all have 40. You're not going to get any lashback from me, because I don't like it but I'll do what I need to do to win games as long as it's following the rules, and as long as the folks on the team are having a good time. Winning usually = good time. I will be very happy if/when rules to combat meta builds go into effect, but for now if it helps us win then we'll roll with it. I think the people on the team are talented enough on their own merits to win games, it's a good roster on paper even if the builds weren't necessarily meta.

Gus' article will be interesting, I responded as well. I doubt it'll be a very controversial article since Gus isn't one to make emotional/passionate posts, and when handling other people's responses, you sort of have to treat them as data points to make a very neutral, "facts only" article. It's one people will read and go "hm ok, those are the opinions, the common ones, very neutrally presented." It'll be a good reference for folks with more opinionated perspectives to build their own points off of if Gus' articles fits their narrative. 

Max earning speedrunning is nice and all until someone gets their claim denied for a lack of effort. Hogan fucked up and posted all his claims into the wrong week, which I then had to fix. It also seems easiest for a graphics person to get it done. I'd record the video of you writing a media spot in 5 minutes, that's 6, a pc for 2 and 1 review,  then the video is 3 TPE since it's a vhl.com article. Could have it all done in like 7 minutes if you're a fast typer. Godspeed.

Do you get turned on by people drinking beer? This is concerning. 

SBA content 😠 I will be deducting time spoken about the SBA from this podcast /s. I can't believe you fucked up player creation twice. 

Wooo Laine is not leaving we love Laine! M GM drama? I didn't listen to the last one, idk what you said. But it seems to be p common for an M GM to think someone else fleeces folks, don't think it should be taken personally. More of a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." I do think targeting new GM's to trade with is a bit shady, but it is what it is. At least wait a few days before sharking the new folks, that goes to a lot of you.

thanks now i dont have to listen

Side note on the ongoing slaughter of Miami. The one game we beat you I believe is the only game we started our starter against you. So let's get some hype for Ben Dahl. See you can comment on your goalies by praising your starter instead of throwing your backup under the bus. For shame! Also that schedule is just nuts.

Not a review, but since you seem to go for the more structured approach. A tip is that when you're editing/listening back to the recording. Count your "Umm"s. It's one of the most common and natural things to do when recording/doing public speaking. Every time you need to think you say "Umm" instead of just taking a moment of silence. Before I did public speaking training I didn't really think about it. But it's one of those things that after it's been pointed out to you. It can't be unheard and it almost always detracts from the end product. It's a practice thing and I catch myself doing it all the time still. But since you seem set on holding yourself to a higher standard, I think attempting to cut the "Umms" down would really help with the more professional/structured vibe.

Hello I’ve been listening but forgetting to comment!

- The “unplanned podcasts are the bestest” comments aren’t directed at you actually, it’s just me trying to validate my own/Berocka’s ingrate behaviour. YES STRUCTURE AND PREPARATION IS GOOD, HAPPY??

- You need a NSFW tag for your descriptions of @dasboot’s throat.

- I thought about joining the EFL for the extra 1 TPE each season, and then I remembered I dang well can’t.

- Moscow Meta

This was most of a review, might as well edit in some numbers. 9/10, as always I like hearing about the inner workings of your brain, and you have a nice clear voice.

Edited by JardyB10

• 2 months later...