Hasbro Planning Mass RevoCluetion, Puts In Offers For Several VHL Franchises

MubbleFubbles

Big businesses are always looking into new ways to get their name out there, but sometimes it pays just to take someone else’s idea and run with it. That’s exactly what Hasbro are looking to do, as they attempt to take over hockey in much a similar way as Red Bull have taken over Formula 1 and soccer by putting in big money bids to the current owners of the reigning VHL champion Vancouver Wolves franchise along with smaller but still incredibly ludicrous offers to two VHLM franchises, the Houston Bulls and the Saskatoon Wild. But much like Red Bull, Hasbro aren’t settled with just the additional source of revenue that comes with owning a prestigious sporting franchise, they want to give these franchises a full makeover and what better icon to make as the face of your respective soon-to-be hockey powerhouses than Clue, a board game that, based on the stats, can somehow play hockey!

Ig7e5Ym.png

The Vancouver Wolves would become the Vancluever Wolves should the offers wind up being accepted by the owner of the franchise and the VHL.

Vancouver Wolves owner Frank Chadwick had this to say regarding news of the offers:

“We’ve received the offers and yes there’s absolutely no chance we’ll be accepting. While the Vancouver Wolves have not always been known as such for their entirety of their tenure in the Victory Hockey League, we’ve always made sure that any potential rebranding is both respectful to it’s original roots and the fanbase that have supported us across fifty VHL seasons and over two different cities. We would never sacrifice our identity solely for a big payday and, HOLY HELL THAT IS A LOT OF ZEROES! Are they serious about this?! They’d give me all this money just for one hockey franchise?! Ahem….sorry I appear to have lost my composure for a second, where was I? Actually I’ve just realised I need to hurry to Hasbro headquarters, but I can assure all the fans of this hockey club that your team is safe, I just…need to go over there to pick up…my dry cleaning and if a ton of money lands in my pocket and the team name gets changed while I’m there, then know it’s a complete accident and I knew nothing about it!”

E1nTjRu.png

The Cluston Bulls, one of the two potential VHLM franchise rebrandings

We tried to reach the respective owners of the Houston Bulls and the Saskatoon Wild, but they were unavailable to comment, but team representatives state that both owners are going on “mass island purchasing ventures that are definitely not based on any rumoured takeover”.

6Yb89Nw.png

The Saskacluen Wild, the other potential VHLM rebranding.

One player who would likely be psyched about the news if it was capable of showing any emotion is The Board Game Clue On Skates, which for those of you who aren’t aware, is a hockey player and if that sounds dumb, that’s because it is. We knew exactly what we were going to get when we set up an interview with The Board Game Clue On Skates, a stoic demeanour that simultaneously answered a question with both no words and a million words at once.

For W/E Dec 19th

Edited by MubbleFubbles

that's definitely interesting to say the less. I love the GM response to the offer. My favorite is the Vancouver one, the wolf just pop in that logo. I'm really intrigue to see what is happening in the Hasbro HQ and what will they do next. 9/10    

1 hour ago, Alexandre said:

that's definitely interesting to say the less. I love the GM response to the offer. My favorite is the Vancouver one, the wolf just pop in that logo. I'm really intrigue to see what is happening in the Hasbro HQ and what will they do next. 9/10    

Word on the grapevine is that The Board Game Clue on Skates, has spent the day being The Board Game Clue in A Plastic Bag in The Bath in an effort to create genuine Clue Bathwater™ to sell on to the highest bidders. Truly outrageous, if it turns out to be true. But still certainly #TeamClue approved.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:48 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

Ig7e5Ym.png

The Vancouver Wolves would become the Vancluever Wolves should the offers wind up being accepted by the owner of the franchise and the VHL.

Vancouver Wolves owner Frank Chadwick had this to say regarding news of the offers:

“We’ve received the offers and yes there’s absolutely no chance we’ll be accepting. While the Vancouver Wolves have not always been known as such for their entirety of their tenure in the Victory Hockey League, we’ve always made sure that any potential rebranding is both respectful to it’s original roots and the fanbase that have supported us across fifty VHL seasons and over two different cities. We would never sacrifice our identity solely for a big payday and, HOLY HELL THAT IS A LOT OF ZEROES! Are they serious about this?! They’d give me all this money just for one hockey franchise?! Ahem….sorry I appear to have lost my composure for a second, where was I? Actually I’ve just realised I need to hurry to Hasbro headquarters, but I can assure all the fans of this hockey club that your team is safe, I just…need to go over there to pick up…my dry cleaning and if a ton of money lands in my pocket and the team name gets changed while I’m there, then know it’s a complete accident and I knew nothing about it!”

i support this