Sorry Not Sorry

Horcrux

Just now, Moon said:

Except Us VHLM GM/AGM's try out best to keep people active but some of them dont want to go to the VHLE and go IA

Their we go, conversation. it only took a bunch of stupid gifs. 

Im not saying you are not trying, but outright writing off the E for 1 TPE a week? come on. 

have you asked them WHY they dont? have you tried to elevate those concerns?

Just now, Horcrux said:

Their we go, conversation. it only took a bunch of stupid gifs. 

Im not saying you are not trying, but outright writing off the E for 1 TPE a week? come on. 

have you asked them WHY they dont? have you tried to elevate those concerns?

First off it was a joke and you took it the wrong way...

Most of them dont want to take a few extra months to get to the VHL and 90% of the VHLE Lr's are IA as ive been told

8 minutes ago, Moon said:

Most of them dont want to take a few extra months to get to the VHL and 90% of the VHLE Lr's are IA as ive been told

you are bad at "jokes" you were looking for a reaction and failed lol

okay so what have you done to Alleviate those concerns?

the VHLE is still new and filtering through IAS, its a process and patience is key for it to work 

Edited by Horcrux

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, Moon said:

Except Us VHLM GM/AGM's try out best to keep people active but some of them dont want to go to the VHLE and go IA

That argument just seems entirely counterintuitive though: “I want to be active but being active means spending a season in this thing I’ve literally never tried, time to stop being active I guess.” It just doesn’t make much sense. If they intend to be active then going somewhere that they can compete shouldn’t stop that activity.

Just now, Beketov said:

That argument just seems entirely counterintuitive though: “I want to be active but being active means spending a season in this thing I’ve literally never tried, time to stop being active I guess.” It just doesn’t make much sense. If they intend to be active then going somewhere that they can compete shouldn’t stop that activity.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, Moon said:

and 90% of the VHLE Lr's are IA as ive been told

Two points on this: first that “been told” isn’t really first hand experience. I have none either so I can’t say for sure but there’s not much point speculating without knowing. Second that there’s no reason one would have to leave a VHLM locker room to go to a VHLE one. If they like having our in your LR there’s absolutely nothing stopping them from doing so.

Anyway, I should sleep.

9 minutes ago, Horcrux said:

you are bad at "jokes" you were looking for a reaction and failed lol

okay so what have you done to Alleviate those concerns?

the VHLE is still new and filtering through IAS, its a process and patience is key for it to work 

Or maybe you are bad at telling if something is a joke? I kept bringing it up as a joke lol.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Two points on this: first that “been told” isn’t really first hand experience. I have none either so I can’t say for sure but there’s not much point speculating without knowing. Second that there’s no reason one would have to leave a VHLM locker room to go to a VHLE one. If they like having our in your LR there’s absolutely nothing stopping them from doing so.

Anyway, I should sleep.

Goodnight Bek!

2 hours ago, Horcrux said:

there is no problem criticizing something in the league IF you come with Evidence

sooo having an opinion requires evidence?? huh?

Also it should be noted that all members of the BoG (which includes all league commissioners)  are strongly urged to support league projects (such as the VHLE) regardless of whether they personally are in favour of them or not. This is to show a united front and help grow the league in a positive light. So you going and asking a bunch of BOG/commishes what their thoughts are on VHLE is kind of a moot point since we are urged to answer with positive reinforcement about it. That's not to say the users you questioned  weren't being honest with their answers, but if anyone was against the idea of the VHLE per se, nobody would outright come out and say as much. 

You seem to be very polarizing and divisive with your posts and comments and I'm not sure why. You've only been here for a short while, why not try to acclimate yourself to the community a bit before stirring the pot so much?

11 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

Also it should be noted that all members of the BoG (which includes all league commissioners)  are strongly urged to support league projects (such as the VHLE) regardless of whether they personally are in favour of them or not. This is to show a united front and help grow the league in a positive light. So you going and asking a bunch of BOG/commishes what their thoughts are on VHLE is kind of a moot point since we are urged to answer with positive reinforcement about it. That's not to say the users you questioned  weren't being honest with their answers, but if anyone was against the idea of the VHLE per se, nobody would outright come out and say as much. 

You seem to be very polarizing and divisive with your posts and comments and I'm not sure why. You've only been here for a short while, why not try to acclimate yourself to the community a bit before stirring the pot so much?

I am not trying to "stir the pot"

am I not allowed to make opinion pieces because I have only been here a short while?

am I not allowed to give my opinion and ask for discussion on it? I have had quite a few good discussions about what I posted and have changed my stance on some of the things. If I have an opinion right or wrong, or an idea that I think will help the league I will say it. I am not going to just sit back and not. Again none of my articles or opinions are meant to be decisive but to start conversation. 

and yes I misworded what I was trying to get across when I wrote this over a week ago. Should I have edited it? probably but its out their now

Edited by Horcrux

18 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

Perhaps evidence isn't the right word per se, but one should at least be able to back their opinion up (I'm not saying anyone in this thread or otherwise is or isn't). Though I could see it working both ways. For example if I said, "I don't like the VHLM because you only get 1 TPE/week for the PF," that's a lame opinion and incorrect one besides, so in that regard "evidence" would be useful to me forming that opinion. But the fact I cited a specific reason to criticize the VHLM is also helpful because now someone can respond to me with something like, "UMM ACTUALLY you get 2 TPE/week for PF in the VHLM and therefore you and you're opinion are dumb." And that's a nice discourse! 

23 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with a little pot-stirring (if that's even what she's doing) regardless of how new a member is. Look at @Shindigs ffs, the dude writes walls of text about bullshit and theory crafting all the time, it's just as pot-stirring technically! Was the tense mini GIF/troll spat in this thread called for? No, not really. But that doesn't mean she shouldn't post Media Spots about why and how she thinks something could be better.

2 hours ago, Moon said:

At tpe 250 or 200 you will not get any meaningful icetime in the VHL and have little or no effect on the success of your team (unless your team is in a rebuild circle). 

And to complain about a LR being inactive begs the question what did the complaining party do to make it active? The locker room is not like Netflix where you snatch a snack of your choice and enjoy the show. It needs your participation in order to be a good experience for you.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

At tpe 250 or 200 you will not get any meaningful icetime in the VHL and have little or no effect on the success of your team (unless your team is in a rebuild circle). 

And to complain about a LR being inactive begs the question what did the complaining party do to make it active? The locker room is not like Netflix where you snatch a snack of your choice and enjoy the show. It needs your participation in order to be a good experience for you.

Oh for sure! I just know some people dont think of that and just want to go straight to the VHL.

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Look at @Shindigs ffs, the dude writes walls of text about bullshit and theory crafting all the time, it's just as pot-stirring technically!

I mean I would get my spoon and get in on this one too. But y'all seem to have it covered.😅

2 hours ago, Moon said:

Oh for sure! I just know some people dont think of that and just want to go straight to the VHL.

With all due respect that seems to be a 'them' issue then and not a 'VHLE' issue per se. Let's face it: we need to accept that with no amount of effort will any sim league be the perfect product for everyone. It is literally impossible. However, what can ideally be achieved is that the league will cater the majority of 'needs' of the majority of those members/players it wishes to attract and retain. There will always be people who do not like something, just because it was not their idea. There are people who will always search (and find) the fly in the ointment. In my experience these are generally (not always) the same people who have nothing to offer when asked what they would like to change. Someone way smarter than me said once 'If you see a problem and do nothing to fix it, you are part of the problem' (and this is no literal quotation, but in the spirit it was said). 

Edited by Daniel Janser

15 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

With all due respect that seems to be a 'them' issue then and not a 'VHLE' issue per se. Let's face it: we need to accept that with no amount of effort will any sim league be the perfect product for everyone. It is literally impossible. However, what can ideally be achieved is that the league will cater the majority of 'needs' of the majority of those members/players it wishes to attract and retain. There will always be people who do not like something, just because it was not their idea. There are people who will always search (and find) the fly in the ointment. In my experience these are generally (not always) the same people who have nothing to offer when asked what they would like to change. Someone way smarter than me said once 'If you see a problem and do nothing to fix it, you are part of the problem' (and this is no literal quotation, but in the spirit it was said). 

Yeah for sure! Do you think we could talk over discord dms about this? I really would love to talk to you about it

5 hours ago, Moon said:

Anything like this is going to stir the pot and you should know that tbh.

Knowing something will cause a reaction, and posting it to cause a reaction is different. 

Yes, I know this is a sensitive topic. However, I didn't post this to get a reaction I posted this to hopefully start a conversation because I had yet to see a valid argument against the VHLE. 

You have stated your opinions and even though I disagree with them, they are valid to you.

Their will be no lore opinion prices from me anymore.

5 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

This is what we should be explaining to people who wants to akip the E (minus those who are well over the threshold 300+ tpe)