Junior Showcase Tournament - Team Clue Press Conference

Shindigs

kG90iFw.png

Team Clue Press Conference

Week of January 3rd - January 9th

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1) Had you hear about the Junior Showcase Tournament before being drafted to it?

2) How do you feel about your draft position? Better than expected, worse or just right?

3) How have you liked your experience in the JST thus far?

4) Sims are starting on Monday. Are you excited to get going?

5) Who do you think will lead the team in points at the end of the JST?

6) What are your goals for your player in the tournament?

@TeeJay11 @Crstats23 @joelunk @Thode @MostTHE WAE @Kendrick @LanerDUST @EMoney002 @Insypher @KUUMA @jacobaa19 @Strider @Wheaties @Azorochi @Brodie_Landry @ToooSaucey @eagle_3450

Edited by Shindigs

51 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1) Had you hear about the Junior Showcase Tournament before being drafted to it?

2) How do you feel about your draft position? Better than expected, worse or just right?

@TeeJay11 @Crstats23 @joelunk @Thode @MostTHE WAE @Kendrick @LanerDUST @EMoney002 @Insypher @KUUMA @jacobaa19 @Strider @Wheaties @Azorochi @Brodie_Landry @ToooSaucey

1) No. This my debut. 

2) Stoked! Shindigs took a chance on me earlier than what I would have expected, and I think It's already paying off prior to a game even being played! 

3) It's been amazing. Shindigs a gem of a GM and the roster as whole is filled great guys, attitudes and minds.

4) Can't wait. They don't have a CLUE how good our teams gonna be. 

5) Our first pick TeeJay11 knows how to bury a puck.

6) .900% + save percentage, <2.2GAA, 0 losses.

5 hours ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

@TeeJay11 @Crstats23 @joelunk @Thode @MostTHE WAE @Kendrick @LanerDUST @EMoney002 @Insypher @KUUMA @jacobaa19 @Strider @Wheaties @Azorochi @Brodie_Landry @ToooSaucey

1 nope I found out from shindigs it was a honour to be team clue’s first pick

2 way better like I said wasn’t expecting going second overall in the whole draft

3 it’s great we have an active LR all are good people and friendly 

4 yes let’s win the whole thing

5 there’s a lot of candidates we have a deep forward core but Escobar wont hesitate to put points up on the board

6 score in the offensive zone and be reliable on defence happy to be playing top minutes and helping the team anyway I can

23 hours ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

@TeeJay11 @Crstats23 @joelunk @Thode @MostTHE WAE @Kendrick @LanerDUST @EMoney002 @Insypher @KUUMA @jacobaa19 @Strider @Wheaties @Azorochi @Brodie_Landry @ToooSaucey @eagle_3450

1. No I hadn't, I just assumed that in the offseason of the VHL there were no games but am pleasantly surprised by the junior showcase.

2. I do not look at my TPE rankings compared to other players often so I can not really say if I think I was drafted at the right time. I am happy to be drafted at all.

3. I like it a lot, getting a perspective of what a different locker room looks like is important as I will be on many teams in my career so it is fun meeting new people.

4.Of course, I am unhappy with how things were left in the VHLM and I want to get some wins.

5. I am hoping to be up there in terms of point scoring just like I was for my VHLM team this past season.

6. I am hoping to average a point per game as I tried to do in the regular season. Hopefully I will have more luck.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:10 AM, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1) I had not heard about it and I was not drafted into it. I got in through waivers.

2) N/A

3) I have enjoyed it and seems like a fun tournament.

4) I am very excited to get going with the tournament.

5) I have a feeling that TeeJay11 will lead the team in points by the end.

6) I am hoping to put up a few points and set up my teammates for goals.

kG90iFw.png

Week of January 10th - January 16th

1) The first day of sims had some "slight" issues with the settings, How did you like the UFC tournament that ensued?

2) Do you think our slow start was mostly due to the Fighting issue, or are we in for a tough tournament?

3) Who do you think has been Team Clue's MVP so far in the tournament?

4) Word on the grapevine is that @Buddha might be interested in running a hockey fighting tournament with a similar setup in the future, would you join something like that?

5) Pete Mitchell, the absolute legend, started off strong with 52 PIM in 5 games. How many do you think he will have by the end of the tournament?

6) What's been your favorite part of the JST experience thus far?

@TeeJay11 @Crstats23 @joelunk @Thode @MostTHE WAE @Kendrick @LanerDUST @EMoney002 @Insypher @KUUMA @jacobaa19 @Strider @Wheaties @Azorochi @Brodie_Landry @ToooSaucey @eagle_3450 @Spaceium

21 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1) The first day of sims had some "slight" issues with the settings, How did you like the UFC tournament that ensued?

2) Do you think our slow start was mostly due to the Fighting issue, or are we in for a tough tournament?

4) Word on the grapevine is that @Buddha might be interested in running a hockey fighting tournament with a similar setup in the future, would you join something like that?

5) Pete Mitchell, the absolute legend, started off strong with 52 PIM in 5 games. How many do you think he will have by the end of the tournament?

@TeeJay11 @Crstats23 @joelunk @Thode @MostTHE WAE @Kendrick @LanerDUST @EMoney002 @Insypher @KUUMA @jacobaa19 @Strider @Wheaties @Azorochi @Brodie_Landry @ToooSaucey @eagle_3450 @Spaceium

1 I fought twice in a single game Escobar was gooning it up big time

2 wait and see I put up 8 points in 5 games and idk how many pims

3 I think it way to early to tell who the mvp is yet

4 If I had a Doug glatt build but not Escobar his hands are made for scoring goals

5 north of 250 for sure

6 pretty active LR is always fun and finally seeing my player do some damage.

55 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1) I really enjoyed that, especially being nominated for the non-existent to my knowledge fair play award.

2) I believe that the slow start was because of the fighting with our first line having 129 PIMs in 5 games.

3) I would say its hard to tell after only 5 games.

4) I would not like  to join that as Restolav does not have fighting skill. He is a playmaker.

5) Definitely around 300 PIMs.

6) Getting my first point and getting into 3 fights in my 5 games.

17 hours ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1. I am enjoying this tournament so far, I just wish my player was performing better as he has not lived up to his second round billing.

2. I think we will certainly bounce back, we need to stay out of the box and I know that once we do we will be unstoppable.

3. Our backstop has played amazing so I believe they deserve the MVP so far. We haven't been too helpful at slowing the onslaught of shots so we need to support our goalie more.

4. Probably not, I do not have the most free time in the world and my player is definitely not a fighter haha.

5. I think that our team as a whole will dial back on the penalty minutes so I believe that Pete will see a drop off in his PIM numbers.

6. Being on a new team and thus, getting to meet a whole new group of guys is very fun and exciting.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1. My player is not player at the level I though he would, but he's still having an impact.

2. I don't really know.

3. Probably have to say Escobar

4. I'm not really sure. 

5. Probably at least 150

6. Meeting new people and meeting new players. 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1. I loved it! Was ready to channel my inner Ron Hextall. 
2. There’s a ton of talent in this tournament. Staying out of the box has been a priority going into the next games to help compete with that talent. 
3. Eldon. Always on the score sheet. 
4. forsure! 
5. 150ish. He’ll slow it down, was just excited for the tourney!

6. The locker room is amazing. I’ve met some great people!

kG90iFw.png

Week of January 17th - January 23th

1) We're in the finals! I can barely believe it. How surprised were you with the turnaround?

2) Having actually finished the group stage who do you think was our MVP? And Why?

3) With most of the JST in the rear view mirror. What do you think is the biggest thing you've learned from it?

4) A big goal for me both with how I drafted and how I've ran the LR is to promote activity. How have you liked the LR experience? Any constructive criticism?

5) If you answer this before the final sim: Who do you think wins it, and in how many games? (BO 5) If after: How do you feel about our finals performance?

6) If given the chance to apply to GM the JST next season, would you be interested?

Edited by Shindigs

1. Not really surprised, I knew we would come around 

2. I think the whole team, I mean we all went out there, put the puck in the net. The answer is we are all MVPs

3. I’ve learned to be a better teammate really learning my full potential 

4.Not at all no all seems good

5.No clue what the outcome will be, just taking it as it goes

6.Yea I mean I’ve been GM of different leagues before, would be interesting 

1) Im somewhat surprised with our performance given that we have not performed well during the round robin.

2) I feel that Eldon Escobar would be the MVP because he was the tournament points leader and managed almost 2 points per game.

3) To not expect my player to put up points and wait for the performances to get better.

4) I have enjoyed the LR and it is very active. I do not have any criticism.

5) I feel that we will win in 5 games.

6) I would not be interested s I would prefer to only focus on my player.

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1) We're in the finals! I can barely believe it. How surprised were you with the turnaround?

2) Having actually finished the group stage who do you think was our MVP? And Why?

3) With most of the JST in the rear view mirror. What do you think is the biggest thing you've learned from it?

4) A big goal for me both with how I drafted and how I've ran the LR is to promote activity. How have you liked the LR experience? Any constructive criticism?

5) If you answer this before the final sim: Who do you think wins it, and in how many games? (BO 5) If after: How do you feel about our finals performance?

6) If given the chance to apply to GM the JST next season, would you be interested?

1. I'm very surprised. 

2. Our MVP is probably Eldon Escobar, but our goalie has been phenomenal. 

3. I learned what my role in the majors will most likely be. 

4. I think everything went just fine.

5. I feel that we will give it a good fight, but I can't say for certain who will win.

6. Probably not, I'm content with being a player. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1. Not very, I was expecting us to do better for a while. At the start, we were a bad mix of guys underperforming and guys taking too many penalties but we resolved that issue and have turned it around.

2. Eldon has really been a force all over the ice. Getting to play with him definitely made me get more points which I am thankful for but he should be our MVP for sure.

3. This tournament gave me a very good idea of where I stack up in terms of people who made players around the same time I did.

4. I have really liked the experience, it has been a great group of guys and I can't wait to play with them down the road.

5. I am a little disappointed to say that I do not think we can come back from the deficit we find ourselves in. I think we will push a game 5 but will lose it then.

6. Probably not, I do not. have a ton of free time and have no experience being a manager in the vhl.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, Shindigs said:

kG90iFw.png

1. It was a pleasant surprise, although I was hoping for even better results. 

2. Eldon Escobar. Bro can bury a puck.

3. TPE earnings!! My GM literally blessed me. Gained 40 something TPE in 3 weeks.

4. Loved it! The whole team had amazing energy in the LR all season. I'd be surprised if we weren't the most active. 

5. Brutal. I wasn't happy with my performance. Sometimes you need to have that 0.950+ save %, and I just couldn't make that happen for the finals. 

6. Probably not. My GMs set the bar really high for me in terms of management, and I just don't think I have the time nor skill/training yet to do so. Maybe in the distant future.