Do GM's want to play for other team?

hedgehog337

I'm out here sitting with my headache and other health issues to try to get something out of myself for 6 TPE. Luckily, there are some interesting topics going on. Like for example: a GM dillema. How to draft you own player if you don't have a high pick. This is slowly becoming a serious issue in this league. Most of GM's simply aren't interested to play for other team so they are doing anything to get their own players. Like trying to tank their stocks. Most popular way to do this was telling everyone other team will only get 3 seasons of his services before he is gone to FA. Right now we did see a Moscow GM succesfully pulling this stunt and drafting his own player in the mid first round. Now we have Lamb, DeGrooth and Kovalchuk (I guess for some reason people forgetting Bana has a player in this draft too. but it seems like he is a mid first at best so good on him) dilemma coming up. Let's see how are GM's gonna address this situation.

This is obviously isn't the first time GM's aren't really comfortable to play in other team. It's been a thing since this auto GM pick was abolished. I remember trading two VHL GM's to their teams at one point or another. I wanted to make a team younger and trading some of players, including Shawn Glade? Davos it is. Another sale of older players, like Podrick Cast? Moscow, here we go. At least they had players...unlike Jeff who is managing almost his whole Chicago tenure with no player under him at all. I think a potential of not having his own player was one of main reasons why he never bothered to do such. Although I've been hearing he has some plans to finally make a recreate which makes perfect sense. Look at Chicago now, they're tanking and will be so for another season or two. So that's a perfect opportunity for him to get his own player to CHI without even tanking his draft stock.

What about me? Honestly, I've had more fun with my players when they were playing in Riga. Though I had some good times right when I traded Klam to Toronto to give Harvey a chance. I was still somewhat a fan of joining new locker room. I wasn't really active in any of them (also Calgary), but was interested to see what happens there. And then the times passed by...maybe Riga having bad times got my opinion reversed, but the novelty of joining other lockers has worn off and I'm really having not much interest in playing for other team anymore. Matter of fact I went pretty much 5-6 months with just being clicker, that's how unmotivated I was. And I gotta say how it is - I do want to make a recreate and I won't make any retirement threats. But will other GM's get much from me? Huge doubt. My player's end of ELC will be on summer but I may as well as go clicking on spring, during the ELC. The only chance I may do some PT's if he will be on Riga, at least I'd have some motivation to do so. And even then I may fall to a welfare territory still. If in other team...eh, not much interest. No diss to other teams, it's just is how it is. Basically my player would be nothing more than a late second round material for other team and you surely won't be interested to spend a high pick on him.

That's it and I'm out.

Edited by hedgehog337

3 minutes ago, Squidward2 said:

When I was Van GM and had my other player (Tony Adams), I intended to play for any team in the VHL. If that helps at all.

But you retired when a team that wanted you did pick you.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Edited by Peace

Just now, Peace said:

But you retired when a team that wanted you did pick you.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

I am le sorry peace-o. I had to shed my depressed past in order to create a happier fonzi. Not to say Toronto depressed me tho cause they absolutely didnt

Would it have been nice to get a recreate to Davos? I suppose so. Would my earning change if I went somewhere else? No. Would I threaten to leave as soon as possible or to retire if anyone else drafted me? Also no. Whether or not this article is an honest representation of your thoughts (and I believe it is), it could certainly be viewed as an attempt to manipulate your own draft stock just as others have done. 

I think something that isn't exactly helping the situation is that threatening and manipulating one's way onto one's own team (again, not that you're doing that in particular here) has become somewhat of a "well, if other people are doing this, then I guess I can too" type of deal. While I think that the league should be open to change and consider it on some level as feedback, I also think there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it and the way much of the GM community has chosen to do so is the wrong one. This should have started with an article like this, followed by a suggestion to change things up somewhat, but instead it ended up being a massive drama-fest that will only get more out-of-hand in the future.