Around the league with Bana #3

Banackock

ATLWB.png.ab04f82336a49f0a3815d60df420f922.png

Big thank you to @InstantRockstar

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well. Tomorrow is Friday which typically means good vibes for everyone. The VHL has been a little slow as of late. Is it because it's a meta league? I'm less involved in the daily activities? It's slow? Who knows. It's probably just me. Despite it being slow for me, things are still moving along in the regular season and there's tons to talk about and a lot of spotlight left to be shined down upon all the good players and members in the league. We're now basically on the halfway point of the season and I think we got a good picture of what's going on with some momentum in either direction. Teams range 33-35 games played (average is around 34, says VHL science member) and we're getting closer and closer. Time really does fly here.. with that being said.. let's go around the leagues!

VHL

• Since starting the regular season 0-4-2 and even having a little bit of a struggling stretch after that, the Seattle Bears have gone 16-7-5. It seems as of late the team has finally got some things figured out with a 7-1-2 record in their last 10. Not wanting to brag but that's better than the all hated meta 7-2-1 (but not LA 10-0-0).
  • We wrote about it some time ago and it is the normal, but Toronto's fall from grace/first place is all but normal and happening again. They're tied for 4/5 in the North American conference. After starting the season 9-3-0, the team has since gone 9-10-3 and 4-5-1 in 10 games played... something, something.. Toronto can't play meaningful hockey (NHL). 
  • I strongly believe the NA playoff picture has been completed, but you never know. DCD, CHI = NOPE! NYA, 2/10 chance. Flip on over to the EU and @Acydburn and Prague are easily the hottest team right now - riding a 7 game win streak and an overall record of 22-9-3. Unlike NA, two teams out of the playoff picture still have a fighting chance as they're within 3  and 4 points respectively.
  • London keeps doing things and while not an amazing last 10, 5-2-3 is still pretty damn good and 13/20 points. GO QUEEN LIZ GO!

VHLE

• Cologne and Rome are now running the league and have good leads on anyone who are not them. At the end of the day, Rome is still the scary one for me. Southern conference is easily the most competitive and Oslo be sleeping at the bottom. Seems like the sun has come out and the Storm warning has been lifted.
  • The Loch Ness Monster @LuluSalesAway leads the VHLE with 96 shots blocked. Pistol Pete @PistolP is currently in 2nd with 85 SB.
  • AN APPLE A DAY... @ColeMrtz Zeljko Ranogajec leads the VHLE with 47 assists! Second place is @KaleebtheMighty Perry Laperriere with 39.
  • The Board Game Clue On Skates @MubbleFubbles leads the league was an absolute golden stat of 60.61% on the face off dot with over 1,300 faceoffs taken! In second sits @Alesime Alessio Semeoni with 58.57% and 5 shy of 1,400.

VHLM

• Philly continues to lead and likely will for the remainder of the season in their conference. Flip to the other side and Saskatoon is making things interesting for Houston. Mississauga has rented a bunch of dumpsters from waste management to try and handle all the garbage from this season. OUCH!
  • Shaun Young @shaun1979 has stopped the most rubber so far this season with 1,100 saves! 
  • Augustus Kennedy @InstantRockstar is the starting goalile with the lowest GAA of 2.78
  • James Marino @Adrest245 loves watching goals happen so much they don't care what side it's on! They're a -33 on the season, leading the league as the next person is 12 behind them at -21.

UNTIL NEXT TIME VHL!

Matthew Mcconaughey Balloon GIF by Salesforce

9 hours ago, Banackock said:

VHLE

• The Loch Ness Monster @LuluSalesAway leads the VHLE with 96 shots blocked. Pistol Pete @PistolP is currently in 2nd with 85 SB.

UNTIL NEXT TIME VHL!

Matthew Mcconaughey Balloon GIF by Salesforce

At the time you posted this, Marcel Janser trails the Monster by 3 shots blocked.

TBH if it wasn't my brother, I would not have cared to point it out and I take it, it took you some time to do this article and stats change fast, so please take this correction in the spirit it was intended... to give props to my bro and not to be nitpicking on your excellent review.

Cheers.

As a player new to the league, it’s really nice to catch this recap and get up to speed a bit. Thanks for putting in the effort, Bana!

7 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

At the time you posted this, Marcel Janser trails the Monster by 3 shots blocked.

TBH if it wasn't my brother, I would not have cared to point it out and I take it, it took you some time to do this article and stats change fast, so please take this correction in the spirit it was intended... to give props to my bro and not to be nitpicking on your excellent review.

Cheers.

Must of started writing before the sim and posted afterwards or something 🤔 At the time of doing such, it was how it had been written. 

Either way, props to your brother. I've enjoyed shining light on things other than G,A, PTS all the time! Hopefully it brings about some form of build diversity.