Ricer's Dream Team

Ricer13

There are too many members in this league that I would have on my dream team. I could pick the ones who have had the most successful careers or even look at some legends and choose from that list but I don't think I will. I am going to pick members I just have a genuinely good connection with and make a team of people I would actually want to be apart of.

Left Winger - Nathan Perry @tinafrombobsburgers

Most people who know Tina also know that he is my brother. He was kind enough to stick out the majority of his career with Calgary even if it was at the detriment of having a successful career and winning trophies elsewhere. My brother and I have a life long friendship and no matter what I have got his back and I know he has got mine. Aside from a personal level he has also been a steady presence in the Calgary Locker Room. He has been apart of the captaincy group for a long time now and finished out his career in that same group. The captaincies are usually decided on by the team so that goes to show that everyone else thinks highly of him as well. There are plenty of choices I could have had here but Perry will always be my first one.

Centre - Steve Eso @Eso

Eso is not someone I have met in real life. I acquired him in a trade many seasons ago from a stacked Chicago roster who didn't have space for him. Their loss was my gain because Eso came into Calgary and was instantly one of my favorite users to interact with. He came in with a great attitude and fit in really well with the group of players that we had in Calgary. Over the time he spent with us in Calgary until the time I shipped his a$$ off to Malmo, we spent a lot of that getting to know each other. Everything from hockey, to camping, to fishing and our kids hockey there were no shortage of good things to talk about when he was around. A genuinely good person and that is why I am selecting him as my dream team Centre.

Right Winger - Phil The Rock Johnson @Phil

Ya ya I know! Total homer of an article but guess what!? It is my dream team and Imma do what I want! My dream team has to include this guy. Phil is a long standing member of this league and over the course of the last 5+ seasons he has grown to become one of my favorites. He has become an absolute die hard in Calgary, so much so that he wants to spend the remainder of his career in Calgary and has expressed that too me each and every time I check in with him about his player and the plans for their future. I love this kind of dedication from anyone and it makes a guy feel good knowing that you have created a place that someone really enjoys being in. Phil is a legend in this league and a legendary team mate in Calgary. Easy decision to slot him in to my RW dream team position.

Defense - Tom Eagles @Greg_Di

So many good people I have come across over my time in Calgary. Greg is absolutely one of those people. A man of few words but when spoken have a large impact. I hired him on as my AGM for the past few seasons and I have come to rely on him heavily for advice in this game. I can stray away and get crazy with trades, drafts and free agency but I always had him to keep me centered and make sure I was making the right decisions. From a player standpoint he has been a rock for Calgary his entire career. His numbers fluctuated from season to season but he never complained even once about that. A true team first player and for that I am grateful. Tom Eagles is my first choice defensemen for my dream team.

Defense - Reylynn Reinhart 

Yes this is weird that I am picking my own player but it is for good reason. How can I have a dream team with these incredible people and not want to play along side them? I am choosing Reinhart when she was a defender because then she fits perfectly into this lineup. Its an honor to play along side these good people so I am slotting my self into the final defense position.

Goaltender - Thadius Sales @thadthrasher

Wait what? A non Calgary player?????? How could this be? Well not every good person plays in Calgary so my final spot on my dream team goes to Thadius Sales. Thad and I have had a really good relationship ever since he joined this league. Everyone loves Thad and I am no exception. He is just a genuinely good person who is very easy going and a pleasure to chat with. I feel like I could chat with Thad about anything going on in life and he would be happy to listen. I hope one day with any future player of his that I get a chance to bring them to Calgary (is this tampering?). 

Well there you have it, my dream team! There were a lot of snubs unfortunately but its tough to choose only five! Cow, Sam, Zetterberg, Prout and so many others I would love to have on my dream team too. Theres a ton of good people in this league and I will take a good team with good people over a Meta team any day. 

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, samx said:

This is really just: Ricer picks people who played for Calgary and puts them on a line together oh and thad.

Yet no Lahtinen, SMH