The Dreamiest Team the VHL Has Ever Seen

Spartan

Funnily enough, this was the theme week prompt back in October 2020, which I'm guessing was either S73 or S74. Check out that old ass podcast with Fishy and Moose here. Back then, I selected a team based on who I'd want to play with, and I'll do the same here with the caveat that I won't repeat the players/users selected the first go around.

S73 Dream Team:

Kevin King (Moose) - SS Hornet (McWolf) - Onde Sandstrom (Fonzi)

Matty Socks (Fishy) - Oscar Lagesson (Fever)

Raymond Bernard (Hatter)

Forwards:

LW - Aloe Dear - @Renomitsu

My most difficult omission on my original team was of course Reno, who I believe had just created Aloe Dear. About eight seasons later, I finally get to say that I would have loved to have played with Aloe without it being considered tampering. Aloe was one of the most productive wingers in the latest expansion era, finishing her career with 329 goals and 455 assists for a whopping 784 points in 576 games. An absolute force of nature in S78 winning the Slobo, Beketov, Campbell and Szatkowski while leading Warsaw to their first Continental Cup, Dear is probably the easiest decision for me to bring onto this dream team.

C - Taro Tsujimoto - @Gustav

I don't think I knew Gus extremely well back in S74, if we even spoke at all outside the Town of Salem games. However he's someone that I enjoy chatting with and having arguments discussions with since I can rely on him being fairly rational. Taro arguably could have been one of the best centers of the last decade, but he seemed to suffer from the Davos curse and seemingly flew under the radar for most of his career until S80 when he won the Campbell for nearly single-handedly driving Davos into the playoffs. Underrated user and player, but not one I'll pass over for my dream team!

RW/LW - Nico Pearce - Myself

I passed over myself last time, so I get to actually be in the company of the users and players that I want to play with this time. Nico has yet to really prove himself in the VHL, but he's a 630+ TPE sophomore winger that has another 7 seasons left in the league. Am I banking on a high ceiling and sentimentality here? Yes. 

Defensemen:

D - Battre Sandstrom - @Acydburn

Battre's another player that flew under the radar, taking a few seasons to really get going before enjoying a mid-season explosion into a top-tier defenseman. Acyd as a user is probably one of the people I willingly DM the most, either to complain about shit or problem solve when issues pop up. Even before I joined the BoG, Acyd was always willing to listen to ideas and then pass them on to the best people's club with his stamp of approval, or at the least, agreement that my idea had some merit. We as a league don't appreciate him or Sandstrom as much, but I'll show him some love here :) 

D - Max Torq - @Steve

Frankly when I traded Letang to LA in exchange for 1st overall, I was resigned to a shitty season and figured I wouldn't be very active in the LR. Letang was just going to gasp through the season and then retire, but LA wanted to move 1oa and Moscow needed to stop Riga from selecting Bek. To my surprise, one of the best parts of LA wasn't the massive personal success I had there, but actually meeting Steve. His exit from Toronto a few seasons sooner on Merrick was messy and everyone heard of it, but to my pleasant surprise, Steve was one of the nicest people I've met in the league. We used to chat weekly, although now it's dropped down in frequency a bit to monthly. But he's always pleasant to chat with, and I'm glad he even enjoyed some Calvin and Hobbes comics with me as well. I wished we could have selected Torq in the draft, but his earning simply made him a top prospect and one who most definitely wouldn't drop down to Moscow. Since the chances are very low that we get to team up again with these players, I'll have to settle with having him on my dream team.

Goalie:

G - Papa Emeritus - @Beketov/ Leroy Johnson - @Vkobe-v

Is there any other choice I can go with here? Our current goalie tandem in Moscow is arguably the best in the league, even when Papa has some terrible sims here and there. I'll continue to have faith in our two goalies who have been fantastic locker presences and just good folks to be around. Papa is the present and future for Moscow, and even Leroy has been stealing wins for us with a 15-4 record across two seasons. But even in a dream, I can hope that Papa plays like he does in the playoffs and continues to get more shutouts. I'm sure Bek will be dreaming of the same.

24 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I'm sure Bek will be dreaming of the same.

Not just Bek, I picked him in fantasy. So I'm hoping he will become the pope we all need in net. Actually picked Gus in fantasy too, and boy has he been a steal!

27 minutes ago, Spartan said:

RW/LW - Nico Pearce - Myself

Picking yourself is kind of a Chad move ngl😅

3 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Not just Bek, I picked him in fantasy. So I'm hoping he will become the pope we all need in net. Actually picked Gus in fantasy too, and boy has he been a steal!

Picking yourself is kind of a Chad move ngl😅

Ngl if I had picked someone else I would have hit 1k words, I thought I would hit it without detailing another forward. I overestimated myself, sadge

Just now, Spartan said:

Ngl if I had picked someone else I would have hit 1k words, I thought I would hit it without detailing another forward. I overestimated myself, sadge

I mean I hit 1.2k words and I'm only ever going to claim the damn thing for Theme week, I got a bit carried away with the old memery.

• Commissioner
43 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Funnily enough, this was the theme week prompt back in October 2020

I thought we had used it before, checks out that you’d be the one to do the homework. Oh well, it was a fun one.