literally just a list of things i'm looking forward to

fishy

Consider this fragmented thoughts with fishy, but make it worth 6 TPE?

This is just a list of things I'm looking forward to.

1. I'm looking forward to seeing how the meta solution goes over. It's been cool that people, at large, don't hate the idea of hybrid attributes. I thought the idea was clever, and I have high hopes. I think there will be areas for improvement as time passes and we find the holes in the idea, but ultimately, I think it'll be a net positive for the league.

2. I'm looking forward to the offseason. Lots of things happen in the offseason, and I don't think it gets enough credit. People have complained, will continue to complain that the offseason is boring, but I think that's because they don't try very hard to make it interesting. A lot of simming happens during that period, and although your player may not be participating, it can still be fun.

3. I'm looking forward to next season. I think it'll be 84, but I'll be honest, I'm not confident in that. DC will finally have players (!!) other than eno's, including mine and arce's. It feels like the beginning of something good, a lot like when I joined Chicago in S73. I ended up staying there my entire career, but we'll see what this player's career brings.

4. On that note, I'm looking forward to this player's career. I don't get very invested in my players, but they're the most natural way to facilitate new connections. I appreciate that a lot, and it's ultimately why I stick around the league, I think. The majority of people who commented on my last media spot, which posed the question of why people stay in the league, mentioned that the community of users (as opposed to the players) was the reason why they continued to come back. I like that.

5. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather!! Today I went for a walk outside. It was really nice, much better than on a stupid treadmill in an apartment building, which is what I usually do. I take a book and just walk. Today I got to do it outside without my fingers freezing or my legs stinging or my nose running. It was so pleasant.

6. (At this point I'm looking forward to this article being over)

I can't speak for everyone, but I spend a whole lot of time thinking about the things that I'm dreading. Whether it's work tomorrow, dealing with conflict between people that I wish would just handle it themselves, figuring out what I'm going to feed myself for lunch, buying groceries and gas, the whole lot. It's good to take time to think about what it is that keeps you going, the things that keep you excited.

I have many things that I'm looking forward to, but I had to keep my list mostly league-related if I want the TPE. What're you looking forward to, be it league-related or not?

7 minutes ago, fishy said:

I take a book and just walk. Today I got to do it outside without my fingers freezing or my legs stinging or my nose running. It was so pleasant.

How do you read and walk?

I'm looking forward to the summer! I have some big things planned--I finally get to do something relevant to my career, I'll know where I'll be next year, and I'll have time to do things I love with people I care about. It's likely the last real "summer vacation" I'll ever have, so even though I'll be busy, I'm going to try to make it count!

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

How do you read and walk?

i didn't know this was an activity that would warrant explanation?? can people not read and walk??

5 minutes ago, fishy said:

i didn't know this was an activity that would warrant explanation?? can people not read and walk??

But if you read how do you look where you are going? If you look where you are going how do you not lose your place in your book.

Maybe I am just dumb

5 hours ago, fishy said:

I'm looking forward to the offseason. Lots of things happen in the offseason, and I don't think it gets enough credit.

I personally enjoy more the off-season than the regular season so I completely agree with you there.

5 hours ago, fishy said:

This does sound like some kind of oddly specific super power, yes.

11 hours ago, Berocka said:

But if you read how do you look where you are going? If you look where you are going how do you not lose your place in your book.

Maybe I am just dumb

OH i just watch the sidewalk with my peripheral vision while i read. that is a skill i'm somewhat proud of

14 hours ago, fishy said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I spend a whole lot of time thinking about the things that I'm dreading. Whether it's work tomorrow, dealing with conflict between people that I wish would just handle it themselves, figuring out what I'm going to feed myself for lunch, buying groceries and gas, the whole lot. It's good to take time to think about what it is that keeps you going, the things that keep you excited.

This is difficult to overcome, especially when it involves other people or parties.  Totally get it (having to break bad news to customers is annoying AF)...  just got used it I guess lol.

55 minutes ago, fishy said:

OH i just watch the sidewalk with my peripheral vision while i read. that is a skill i'm somewhat proud of

Yeah buddy. My peripheral vision is also really good and I don't have issues doing that either. That said, I tend to stick more to audiobooks now and try to take in the landscape more. 

1 hour ago, der meister said:

Yeah buddy. My peripheral vision is also really good and I don't have issues doing that either. That said, I tend to stick more to audiobooks now and try to take in the landscape more. 

i really enjoy audiobooks, i listened to them quite a lot while i was in school and last summer. I read really slowly and my eyes have a lot of trouble focusing, so I've been trying to practice reading physical books again. I do, though, feel kind of guilty taking a walk at sunset and not watching the sun set. I love sun movements, they're one of the many small joys in life. i could write so many poems about the sun movements bro

4 hours ago, Garsh said:

Based on the results of your first walk, I think you should be reading a map while walking, not a book.

yeah that's true, i did get lost the first time... but i ended up home okay