first love

Tried some VERY different things for this one. Link to a few of my PSDs, including this one, is available if you're interested btw, just DM me for it.

GvHiGmG.png

@jhatty8

Slapping back to some NoCopyrightSounds for this SOTW right here.

Review:

This is hands down your best graphic. The textwork is really sharp and works nice. The Remy font is fantastic, and I do like the idea of how you incorporated the Flynn text. The only think I don't like is the grey textbox where the Flynn is over, I don't like the way it doesn't pair with the text of Remy. (Bear with me as I try to explain this) Like it seems like it doesn't follow the lines of the rest of the E text. I think if the text box was like the height of the middle section of the E it would look a lot cleaner. Overall it's just a great look. I think the render effects on the top are nice, you added a glossy look near the top, that paired well with the bordering white lights, and added lighting that went with the arena lights. The bottom render is cool with added shadow. I like this version a lot more than the other you posted, I think the faint BG is better. Overall just a killer graphic, can't wait to see what more you do now! 10/10

This is insane. You use the lighter color from the away jersey to captivate the immediate attention of the person looking, and then the way you force people's eyes to move down and see the player in a fantastic pose for the celly. The font style (Yes, who doesn't like the star wars look) fits so well with the almost elegant display of the player. I also love how the skater at the bottom is at the forefront of the image, overlapping the text and background, which appears to be at the forefront. 10/10

I really like this graphic, the colors make it look very clean and the player along with the text really pop. I could not have guessed that the text was the star wars font but it looks really good on this graphic. Having the lightning player in both their white and blue jerseys look really cool. Though the effects on this graphic are great it's missing the logo swap i like. Overall I will give it a 9.5/10

Review:

Solid design concept. Top render looks clean and fits nicely. Text is a mixed bag but looks good. Not of fan of the white covering it. I think the bottom render needs some work. The stick looks choppy. The big downside to this is all the NHL branding. Great design, a few flaws.

8/10

This is an insane graphic. I'm actually surprised by how well you were able to pull this off. I find it abnormally difficult to create something this clean. Big fan of the lighting / shading that you did. The white sides plus the added black shadow around the corner really brings the focal point into the center. Big fan of the text, as well as both render choices. One cool addition (although it could be difficult to find the correct picture angle) would be to find a diagonally looking down shot of an ice rink and place it under him. Although I'm a pretty big fan of the cloudlike feeling of the current edition.

10/10

Pretty awesome graphic.  I like the way it fades from one photo to another.  I also like how you have incorporated the text, not only within the design as a whole, but also within itself.  I like you choice of color palette, muted, yet effective.  There is nothing that clashes.  I also like the arena being in the background as opposed to some of the more "wild" backgrounds I have seen.  A small suggestion would be to work on the exposed logos.  Either swap or just paint them out.  Great Work !!!   9/10