2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Yeah, although the defense was horrid it was exciting back and forth hockey.

The same up-tempo kind of hockey that Linden promised.

Last year defense and offense were both bad.

So far this season offense hasn't been super hard to come by, although only against the Oilers and Flames.

If the defense comes, and I know Willie will make sure it does then this team will only go up.

Sample size. 

I'm far from a doomsday critic or someone who loves to complain, but believe me, it's bad. 

Without Coburn (who is "supposedly" readt by the end of the week, but I get a little skeptical when he's supposedly going to be out for "months" and then all of a sudden will probably be good to go on much short notice):

Streit-Grossmann

MacDonald - Schultz

L. Schenn - MDZ

1.5 legit top 4 defensemen, 2 5-6 defensemen, and 2 player who shouldn't be on an NHL roster. Only 2 of those players have confidence in moving the puck up the ice, while 1 (Grossmann) handles the puck like it's a grenade. We're not going to have trouble scoring goals, but our defense is probably bottom 5 in the league.

Morin wasn't NHL ready ?

He could have played in the NHL this year, but Hextall has preached patience with the youngsters. Laughton could have made the team as the 4th C similar to Couturier, and Gostisbehere is easily better than MDZ, but the organization is moving towards giving prospects more time to develop than get them to the NHL ASAP.