2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

No. No he wouldn't. Dorsett's comparables get paid $1.1M. $2M should be the absolute maximum. Y'know who will get $3M+ on the open market? Shawn Matthias, that's who. Hamhuis and Bieksa are showing their age, Sbisa is one of the worst defensemen in the entire league. So you're left with Edler, Tanev, and Weber. I wouldn't call it rock solid at all.

Richardson and Matthias are UFA's this summer. Kenins, Baertschi, Weber, Stanton, Clendening, and Corrado are RFAs in need of new deals as well. Next off-season Kassian, Vrbata, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Lack are up for new deals. Anyone who wants to keep defending these signings (or Miller's albatross contract too for that matter), have fun next summer when the Canucks can't afford to re-sign... maybe Radim Vrbata? Benning has to move Miller, or move one of Higgins/Hansen and one of Hamhuis/Bieksa to compensate for the deals he signed today. 

Sorry you lost me when you said Hammer and Juice are showing their age....

Price now owns the franchise record of wins by a Montreal Canadiens goalie. What he does after the game, gives the game-worn jersey.

A new millionaire has been made in Montreal.

Well, the game puck does, but he'll keep it. The puck they gave after the game ain't worth shit. BUT THAT FUCKING JERSEY. That's a part of Habs' history now.

Hot damn. Who is going to LA it up this year then in the playoffs? I have zero confidence the Anahiems or Nashvilles of the West are actually good playoff teams. Going to be an interesting playoff year with so many fresh new teams. 

Hot damn. Who is going to LA it up this year then in the playoffs? I have zero confidence the Anahiems or Nashvilles of the West are actually good playoff teams. Going to be an interesting playoff year with so many fresh new teams. 

No team has a team like LA had when they did their amazing run.

No team has a team like LA had when they did their amazing run.

Which run you talking about? :P I'm sure their fan base is alright with missing with two cups in the past 3 seasons to be honest. I wouldn't say they had a stacked team or anything either. It was just the intensity and capacity for which they played that propelled them to such great success imo.

Honestly there is a bunch of sleepers in the West that are probably the most likely to make the finals. Minnesota is a good candidate for that. East is a bit of a different story, unless Price can carry the Habs a long way the Rangers look to be stacked enough to go the distance. 

Now I'm hoping Pittsburgh doesn't make it, just because I think that would be a hilarious thing to happen in the NHL. 

Which run you talking about? :P I'm sure their fan base is alright with missing with two cups in the past 3 seasons to be honest. I wouldn't say they had a stacked team or anything either. It was just the intensity and capacity for which they played that propelled them to such great success imo.

Honestly there is a bunch of sleepers in the West that are probably the most likely to make the finals. Minnesota is a good candidate for that. East is a bit of a different story, unless Price can carry the Habs a long way the Rangers look to be stacked enough to go the distance. 

Now I'm hoping Pittsburgh doesn't make it, just because I think that would be a hilarious thing to happen in the NHL. 

During the break of the Canucks game they were talking about a rebuild In Pittsburgh if they dont make it this season and I was just like smh... Like honestly one playoffs missed in how many seasons?

Also I definitely do not have faith in Nashville or Anaheim going far in the playoffs, I feel like Nashville is just a regular season team but I guess we will see.

I can already see the headlines of the LA Times tomorrow.

"Thousands injured after jumping off Kings' bandwagon"

Yeah it was, still don't think we make the playoffs but we could definitely finish anywhere from 6th-12th.

Exciting time to be a hockey fan in Alberta (cough)

Nailed it.

:D :D :D :D :D   :D :D 

Edited by Munk