2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

They will be able to score, but won't defend worth shit. If they were smart they would trade it for a huge package that seems a bonafide defensemen and/or goaltender coming back. Scrivens and Fasth aren't going to cut it. J.Schultz is like a chicken with his head cut off and A. Ference is overrated to the moon.

Oh yes, though I think moving one of Nugent-Hopkins and or Yakupov to address their real needs would be better the trading away the pick to McDavid. If McDavid truly is the next Crosby it would be stupid to trade that pick.

I feel pretty shitty for Buffalo, but Eichel is still going to be a good forward (if McDickstick goes to Edmonton and Eichel would sill go their after what Murray? said) and Eichel could most definitely be a great linemate for Reinhart.

Edmonton definitely needs to send one of their forwards away for a defender or goalie, now that they know McDavid is theirs. You can't really trade that pick if it's McDavid, since there's the possibility of him becoming the next Crosby.

There's been A LOT of talks about Montreal landing Eberle at the deadline. It was close, but EDM decided not to do it. It's been said that MTL and EDM could do something big (Eberle) at the draft.

Edmonton needs to put RNH, Yakupov, and Schultz up for grabs. RNH and/or Yak to get some help in net and on the back end, and Schultz because he's terrible.

It's not going to happen, but I'd love RNH in a Canucks jersey. I knew that kid a little bit through high school, although he was like 3 grades below me. I see him every now and then around Burnaby/Vancouver.

Nucks probably don't have what it takes to land him either...but....future of...

Baertschi - Nugent-Hopkins - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian

Cassels - McCann - Jensen

Kenins -

Canucks future after the Sedins go is pretty bright either way.

It would be. But I'd temper expectations on Jensen. I've just got a feeling he'll bust. He's down on the fourth line in Utica and is really struggling to show improvement in his offensive numbers.

Oh yes, though I think moving one of Nugent-Hopkins and or Yakupov to address their real needs would be better the trading away the pick to McDavid. If McDavid truly is the next Crosby it would be stupid to trade that pick.

Don't feel too bad for them, Murray cried after the lottery and was whining to the media about the system. This is the same guy who knew what he was doing by trading talent away to tank. He gets no sympathy from me.

It would be. But I'd temper expectations on Jensen. I've just got a feeling he'll bust. He's down on the fourth line in Utica and is really struggling to show improvement in his offensive numbers.

Yeah, that's why I threw him on the 3rd line in that little lineup I did. :P

He's shown flashes on both the Canucks and Comets, but nothing what is expected of him.

Kenins future first liner, kid has a great shot. Honestly him and Bo have gotta be two of my fav hockey players right now. It would be very interesting if the Canucks could get RNH but that would cost way too much plus  no chance the Canucks trade anything of value to the Oilers to come back and bte them, same thing with RNH, he has 10 plus season left and their is no chance Edmonton is going to deal with that.

Kenins future first liner, kid has a great shot. Honestly him and Bo have gotta be two of my fav hockey players right now. It would be very interesting if the Canucks could get RNH but that would cost way too much plus  no chance the Canucks trade anything of value to the Oilers to come back and bte them, same thing with RNH, he has 10 plus season left and their is no chance Edmonton is going to deal with that.

Yeah, that's why I said it won't happen before I started going into it. :P

Kenins I'm not sure about top line material. He's a great checker and has a ton of speed, and there is definitely a hint of top six there but it's hard to tell.

Bo Horvat and Ronalds Kenins have been phenomenal though, especially for just 4 line youngsters they're being relied upon in big ways.

Don't feel too bad for them, Murray cried after the lottery and was whining to the media about the system. This is the same guy who knew what he was doing by trading talent away to tank. He gets no sympathy from me.

Karma at it's finest.

And I'm not talking about the stripper -AHOOOHOHOH.

He doesn't deserve sympathy at all...he is still getting Eichel ffs.

Jack Eichel..a 6"2 forward who recorded 71 points in 40 games during his freshman season at Boston University.  That is 1.78 PPG.

Draft Years:

Jack Eichel -> 1.78 PPG

Zach Parise -> 1.56 PPG

Dany Heatley -> 1.47 PPG

Thomas Vanek -> 1.38 PPG

Phil Kessel -> 1.31 PPG

Paul Stastny -> 1.07 PPG

Jonathan Toews -> 0.93 PPG

Patrick Sharp -> 0.79 PPG

Ryan Kesler -> 0.78 PPG

A lot of people like to point at his WJC but they ran way too much through one player as opposed to McDavid who could just do his thing on the second line.

The Sabres are getting a fantastic player and should be excited.

Not so sure about that. He shows flashes of brilliance and then shows signs that he can never hit the net. He isn't a top 3 forward in the future.

Edmonton needs to put RNH, Yakupov, and Schultz up for grabs. RNH and/or Yak to get some help in net and on the back end, and Schultz because he's terrible.

The problem is that between two equally skilled young forwards and defensemen, the defensemen is always going to have a greater trade value because of how much of a premium there is on them.

I think Nashville could be a potential trade partner with Edmonton.