2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

If Corrado and Virtanen make the team over Hutton and Mccann I will be surprised. Corrado has been invisible other then a few plays last game, Hutton is for sure ahead of Corrado in development. 

Although this is just pre-season but considering Hutton and Mccann are both ppg on a team where offense will be needed I think they should stay.

No. Corrado plays a quiet defensive game, similar to Tanev. Plus, he's better off as the 6th/7th guy in the NHL right now. I'm really irritated because I think they've somewhat stunted his development by not letting him carry the momentum from his final season of junior straight into the NHL. I want Hutton on the team, but only if it gets rid of Sbisa. Otherwise, let him log top pairing minutes in Utica. Someone will get injured soon enough, he's going to get NHL games this season. Plus, it's not worth it to give up the depth option of Corrado to get Hutton in.

As for McCann/Virtanen, it should be McCann on the team. Virtanen has all the physical abilities to play in the NHL right now, but I don't think he's thinking the game on the same level. I've seen him attempt a few plays that were completely junior level, and they've backfired. McCann is showing a solid defensive game, and he's carrying the load offensively right now. Benning is hellbent on giving Jake a roster spot though, which concerns me.

Daniel - Henrik - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Burrows - McCann - Hansen

Gaunce - Sutter - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bartkowski

Hutton - Weber

If only those lines had a real chance of happening.  :francis:

You know what, here are the moves I'd make based on tonight:

Cracknell, Kenins, Biega, Fedun to Utica.

Vey on waivers.

22, 33, 17, 47, 53, 77, 14, 51, 36, 50, 21, 15 up front. 9 as the extra, 20 on injured reserve.

23, 8, 2, 44, 5, 6, 26, and 60 as the eight defensemen. Figuring out who plays from that group... That's a bit of a mess.

If they would rather have Hutton logging top minutes in Utica, and I'm leaning that way a bit myself, then send him down and don't bother putting Higgins on IR.

need a 2015-16 thread ASAP

also how much discussion on the kane incident? 

I know this girl, just saying.. I was with her most of the night with my 2 buddies at the bar until I left around 230 AM and Kane came around after that.. My buddies stayed around with her until she left with Kaner. We knew about this the next morning after it happened because said friend I was with works with her. As you can tell by recent updates, her family is bad news.

She's a cunt by the way and I think she's lying (if it wasn't obvious by now). And I hate Kane and have seen him act like a complete idiot at the bars downtown multiple times.

Edited by Kyle

MAYBE WE SHOULDNT ASSUME A WOMAN IS LYING ABOUT BEING RAPED LOL EH

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but it's not common place for me to assume a woman is lying about being raped at all. It's based on personal experiences with the girl and the fact I know how she was acting with him before they went home together. 

Edited by Kyle

I've heard from a buddy close to the story the following:

Has confirmed that another one of the girl's friends was at Kane's house at the time of the alleged incident, playing ping pong with one of Kane's buddies.  The friend said nothing seemed amiss at the time of the alleged incident, and expressed doubt on her friend's account of the story.

So when you couple your own friends (who were there) not believing it, along with your family portraying a not-so-elaborate hoax on an evidence kit which has been proven not to be the actual kit, the doubt starts to creep in.

Also in the civil suit discussions between Kane side & girl's family, family asked for $3M, Kane countered with $100K.  

Edited by CoachReilly

I've heard from a buddy close to the story the following:

Has confirmed that another one of the girl's friends was at Kane's house at the time of the alleged incident, playing ping pong with one of Kane's buddies.  The friend said nothing seemed amiss at the time of the alleged incident, and expressed doubt on her friend's account of the story.

So when you couple your own friends (who were there) not believing it, along with your family portraying a not-so-elaborate hoax on an evidence kit which has been proven not to be the actual kit, the doubt starts to creep in.

Also in the civil suit discussions between Kane side & girl's family, family asked for $3M, Kane countered with $100K.  

I am assuming he offered that before the whole thing got out? But yeah I dont see him being charged now after the whole rape bag debacle. 

I am assuming he offered that before the whole thing got out? But yeah I dont see him being charged now after the whole rape bag debacle. 

I doubt it. He countered, which means the timeline of that could come before or after it got out. Now if he offered initially than yeah I'd agree it might be before it all got out.

The fact she went after 3 Million right away though somewhat makes this a little more stacked against her.

I really cannot believe Vey was placed on waivers instead of Cracknell, also Corrado on waivers as well. Crazy but I am very excited for the three rookies.

You can't believe? Vey is a blackhole in the opposing teams zone.

Not happy about Corrado. Surprised they followed through on the rhetoric though: the kids outplayed people and got spots on the roster.

Realistically most teams put a "Corrado" on waivers. Yes he is young, but he wasn't progressing like other players have. It makes sense and in the grand scheme of things you can thank Gillis for that.

Also, apparently Kassian is being suspected as switching seats with the person who ended up in the driver seat. Obviously hard to prove without photo evidence though. His injury though may prove that was the case.

Also, apparently Kassian is being suspected as switching seats with the person who ended up in the driver seat. Obviously hard to prove without photo evidence though. His injury though may prove that was the case.

Yeah, a very interesting case.

Regardless, I hope he gets the help he needs cause this is really disappointing.

I met him a few times back when he played for the Petes and he seemed like an alright guy but a little unstable.  Not sure what his upbringing was like, but I hope whatever is going on, that he just gets better.

I read he had a broken foot as well so that should buy him a couple months to really work on his shit off the ice.

Yeah, a very interesting case.

Regardless, I hope he gets the help he needs cause this is really disappointing.

I met him a few times back when he played for the Petes and he seemed like an alright guy but a little unstable.  Not sure what his upbringing was like, but I hope whatever is going on, that he just gets better.

I read he had a broken foot as well so that should buy him a couple months to really work on his shit off the ice.

I hope he does too. Wasn't a fan of him on the ice but off the ice he really wasn't a horrible guy. He obviously has a drinking problem and that is something he will look to rid himself from. I think the injury might be something that isn't as bad, but they can make it look worse just to buy him some extra time. Not a bad thing and not something rare in sports.