DAV/QUE ; VOID

Frank

I think in regards to the replacement that has to do with if you are planning on stepping down, thus trading yourself leaves a vacancy. However you do have to have a player in the system at all times is what I've been told.

Yeah there should always be a GM player in the system. So you'd either have to re-create now, or make this trade at the deadline. Ditto for whatever is going on in Seattle.

Going to take over Seattle as well Edited by gregreg

Yeah there should always be a GM player in the system.  So you'd either have to re-create now, or make this trade at the deadline.  Ditto for whatever is going on in Seattle.

where's that written rule? i don't think it's weird of me to ask this question. no one has cited any rule yet.

except for greg, who started this shit. and the rule was completely N/A

if you guys want to make rules, fucking write them out.  my trading partner was not aware of this.  i wasn't aware of this  annoying as hell.

i either have to violate a real rule (i still haven't seen the one greg cited in the rule book; greg if you could point it out to me, that would be phenom), or a fake one that I definitely don't see in the GM trade rules.

Edited by CoachReilly

Would be great if that wasn't tucked away in some hidden forum!

Haven't retired yet!

Also - looks like I'm still not violating any visible rules to the league!

General Manager Retirement

Any General Manager of a VHL team who has been in their role for at least one-full season is eligible to utilize the "GM Recreation Rule".

When a GM elects to retire their player under this rule, they are allowed to recreate a new draft prospect under the following guidelines:

• Their player is subject to all recreation rules and TPE carry-over.
  • Their player will play in the VHLM as specified and will be allowed to enter the VHL with the rest of the draftees who are of the same age.
  • Their player will not enter the VHL Draft as long as they remain the GM of the VHL team.
  • If they step down as the GM of their VHL team before their player is eligible to play in the VHL, they will be entered into the VHL Entry Draft.

If a GM steps down from their role while having used the GM Recreate Rule, their player is eligible to remain on the team so long as the team has a current GM use the recreate rule while the former GM's recreate player is still on the team, they must be traded before the current GM can use the rule.

where's that written rule?

I'm honestly not sure, that's just literally how it's always been.  Whether it was ever actually written, or if the writing got lost in the shuffle somewhere in the last 40 seasons, I don't know.  What I do know is that since we joined in S15/S16, that this has always been a thing.  You can look at every GM trade in the history of the league, and every single one is a retired rental.  Even the rule you quoted seems to assume that you can't GM a team you're not on, hence the "if there's a suitable replacement" thing.

Speaking of which, there is a sneaky bit in there that could screw you even if you don't accept the above argument:

6.5 – Trading a GM

A GM may only trade himself if there is a suitable replacement in line that agrees to the deal as well as the league approving the deal.

As for the thing Greg quoted, I honestly had no idea that existed.  Doesn't seem like it's been followed that closely for the past 20 seasons or so.

At any rate, maybe Victor or Sterling will correct me here, but I can't really allow this.

Ok Jardy. Why can't I trade and recreate then? Will gladly recreate for S41.

If you recreated now you'd be in S41 anyways though, that is allowed I would 99% think.

i don't want to recreate at this point. there was no rule making me do so.

unwritten rules for a guy who hasn't ever GM'd in the VHL don't exactly fly in my opinion. it's a fucking sham and would have flown if greg didn't make some BS gesture about a rule I FOLLOWED

Ok Jardy. Why can't I trade and recreate then? Will gladly recreate for S41.

You can, that's literally the very first thing I said.

Or if you want to re-create at the deadline, but retired now, that would probably be fine I guess?

Edited by JardyB10