Parting Words as an Interim GM

frescoelmo

New York Looks To Continue Overhaul in Free Agency

New York's roster is hoping for their quick turnaround, albeit not complete, to take the next steps tomorrow as Season 85's Free Agency period begins.  Guided by interim (please remove me from management) general manager Fresco McElmoson, New York has seen quite the adjustment to their roster over the last few months.  "I've just been trying to take what the market has given us.  Last (Season 84) year we had a couple of expiring contracts and lent them to playoff-bound teams to gather some more picks for the upcoming season."  McElmoson explained to the media.  "This year's off-season has been wild because there are SO many teams in the same position as us; a young talent-laden roster who is looking to make a move.  The draft specifically was stressful as there was some serious pining for the top few spots.  I'm glad we ended up where we did, getting 3-4 solid players who will contribute for the next few years," Fresco finished.

McElmoson was specifically talking about trading up to select Daniel Weaver @ThePerfectNut, arguably the top prospect in this year's draft.  "We love what he brings to the table.  Should be a day one starter on the second line.  His attitude and efforts are relentless."  Additionally, New York traded up again to take the next heralded player from the @Blazzer agency with Babay Shrimp, who looks to slide in with the forwards the year after.  Developmental goalie and potential future all-star Geoff Bezos @Quik has a promising future, as well as Kevin Kirkpatrick @Jayrad28 and Defense Only @Pengu.

Looking ahead, the team looks to improve upon a somewhat dismal start and mediocre finish with a boost to their roster.  Adding a high-profile defenseman and forward would be ideal.  "I would love to add a top-line defenseman to pair up with (Sven) Eightnine @BarzalGoat.  The guy has been really fair and understanding of the situation the team was in when I took over, so I think it is only fair that we reward him properly," Fresco noted.  "I could say the same about Chiang @nurx, he didn't have a say in where he was traded to last season, so I would love to pair him on the best line he's played on in his career."

Lastly, McElmoson wanted to give a shout-out to his favorite (and future all-star) netminder in Augustus Kennedy @InstantRockstar, who has been wondering what his future was going to be like as he was drafted to a team without a direction.  "We're gonna make him look good!  Can't wait to see him shine."

----

But for real though - best of luck to all of the candidates to the New York (and other) GM position.  There are plenty of qualified (I would argue overqualified) candidates and many of you would do a great job here.  Just want to leave the team in a good position to succeed and will continue to improve the roster until I am removed.  Thanks again to @MexicanCow123 for the opportunity.

McElmoson ❤️

In just a short time I won't lie actually like NY a bit more because of you and getting over the hardships, thanks for being there buddy. Whoever comes in next just needs to carry the hype and don't give a fuck attitude and the team should go a long way!