S85 Moscow Captains Announcement

Spartan

oak4Qo5.png

Hello! I am once again here to announce Moscow's captains. In some level of magic, there is no captain curse this season. Our lovely Seabass is still on this team, becoming one of the very few captains under my tenure to survive a full career in Moscow. Beyond just captains, The Seabasstard and Hard Markinson are officially the only two players (along with Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v) to spend their full careers on Moscow. It's always been disappointing to have to trade away tenured players and good friends, but I'm very glad that both STZ and Seabass have survived til the very end.

After a little bit of roster shuffling and cap movement to become compliant, we once again are set with our roster heading into S85. We feel good about our chances, and as always, the vibes are immaculate. However, the following three members who have been selected to Moscow's leadership team are a major part of the roster's success this season, and will play a large role in Moscow's success this upcoming season. Without further ado, our captains:

First Alternate - Jannik Nylen - @DreMin15

Once again remaining with Moscow's tradition to give leadership positions to the most tenured players, Jannik Nylen is a skilled playmaker from the blue line with over 200 assists to his name, along with immaculate defensive and physical metrics. He's averaged well over 100 shot blocks per season, and nearly 700 hits in his career. A recent addition to the Moscow organization via trade, Nylen has committed to the team's goal of winning a cup this season and is a welcome addition to the locker room. We're excited and honored to have his veteran leadership this season and hope to finish his career on a high note!

Second Alternate - Hard Markinson - @STZ

The first player to survive a full career in Moscow since Vladimir Pavlov (I think). It's been amazing to watch Markinson become one of the best defensemen in the league, in literally every aspect. He's won three Labatte Trophies, one Valiq, one Stolzschweiger and led Moscow to four EU titles and two Victory Cups. He is a lock for the Hall of Fame and to have his jersey retired in Moscow. Until he retires at the end of this season though, we will enjoy every moment he spends on the ice and that we get with him in the locker room.

Captain - The Seabasstard - @Seabass

Four seasons as an alternate captain, and now his second season as captain. Seabass and The Seabasstard are simply Moscow. He currently lies in third place in Moscow's franchise point rankings, with the potential to pass Duncan Idaho this season. His offensive contributions have been critical to Moscow's success over the last 5 seasons, even though he's been one of the most underrated centers in the league. Like Markinson and STZ, I will cherish the final season of Seabasstard and Seabass before we lose them to retirement, and hope that we can send all three members of our leadership team into retirement with the Continental Cup they deserve.

MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW!

• 2 weeks later...