Forum Mod Powers

Beketov

• Commissioner

It's going to be easier to keep track of this in one topic than to hijack the grader one for it so this seemed best.

If you need forum moderation powers for your job / if you had them on the old site and don't have them now, please say so in here. IN addition, if you are part of a group that needs mod powers in a specific section and does not have them state the group, not just yourself individually. This will save time.

I believe some permissions have been done but some may have been missed so I want to make sure everything is good to go.

• Commissioner

Since you are clearly better at this than me, can you tell if there's a way to make a Forum Led By: tag for team forums?

I assumed they would go in automatically like they do on invisionfree but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'll look into it but if there isn't one we could always just put it in the description ourselves.

At the same time, we need an edit time and date indicator. 

If this is the same as invisionfree it should be in the settings, I'll take a look at them. Victor is right about the one commishes have but chances are not everyone has that.

Not mod powers, but I need access to Oslo LR, as I am on Oslo.

There's a different topic for that located HERE

If I could have mod powers for the Player Store section that would be great! :)

Not to sound rude, just don't recognize the name, who are you?

Graders need the ability to lock topics in the appropriate section of the forum.

Already did that one. If any specific graders are having trouble feel free to direct them here though.

I just made a post in the wrong section for this I guess but repost anyway.  I think GMs are lacking some power in their own LR and I'm not sure that we can add players to our own LR anymore like before.  Also I don't even have the power to go back and edit my old posts if an admin has locked the thread for instance Riga retired jersey numbers.

• Commissioner

I just made a post in the wrong section for this I guess but repost anyway.  I think GMs are lacking some power in their own LR and I'm not sure that we can add players to our own LR anymore like before.  Also I don't even have the power to go back and edit my old posts if an admin has locked the thread for instance Riga retired jersey numbers.

Invision doesn't have the ability for GM's to give permissions unfortunately. The only way would be to give GM's admin access to only the permission section but that could be abused because they could give anyone any permission. It's unfortunate but it's a sacrifice we'll have to make.

As for your mod powers I've added it to my list. These will likely get done tomorrow unless I get down time at work tonight.

I think there's an option when editing to leave it, though I assumed only commissioners had it like on the original VHL site.

So when someone edits a post it we should be able to see that? I ask because of prediction threads.

• Commissioner

So when someone edits a post it we should be able to see that? I ask because of prediction threads.

If it's on but it might still be turned off. I'll look into it.

• Commissioner

Since you are clearly better at this than me, can you tell if there's a way to make a Forum Led By: tag for team forums?

It appears this tag still exists but it got moved in the newest version off of the home page and into the forum itself. For example, if you go into the point task forum and look in the bottom right corner you'll see "Forum Led by Group: Graders. Probably the best we're going to get.

Anyway, gonna start working on these now so if you need mod powers get the requests in.

• Commissioner

Done all of the above. A few things of interest that I noted.

1) Especially for Kesler here. There seems to be a feature in IPB for setting an open and close time on a topic. Could be useful as you could, in theory (I haven't tested) set up like a month's worth of practice facilities at a time and set them to open / close at the proper times. Effectively automate the process instead of having to manually do it every time.

2) Forum moderators get a shit-ton of options that they never got on invisionfree such as changing if things are answered or not, seeing deleted content, etc. Just thought it was interesting.

Keep the requests coming guys. I'm sure I didn't get everyone yet but can't really go through the forum and find every one that needs to be done either.

Done all of the above. A few things of interest that I noted.

1) Especially for Kesler here. There seems to be a feature in IPB for setting an open and close time on a topic. Could be useful as you could, in theory (I haven't tested) set up like a month's worth of practice facilities at a time and set them to open / close at the proper times. Effectively automate the process instead of having to manually do it every time.

That would be way to confusing :P

• 2 weeks later...