LDN/HSK; S86

VHL Bot

I'll be brutally honest and say that--completely aside from anything to do with me being London's AGM (where I'm barely involved/invested anyway and paid zero attention to this draft), this is the type of situation we need to see more of in our league, and I'm glad a minor roadblock got thrown in the way of this season's draft (if only for a few minutes).

You have every right as a player to team up and ask to be drafted together, and you also have every right to try to handcuff the GMs into making that happen by threatening to leave otherwise. It's not a move I'll ever support or understand, I think it's borderline unfair draft manipulation, and I hated this when it happened when I was a GM, but whatever makes you happy. It's not against the rules, so I'm not going to judge that when it comes up. I'm just also of the opinion that every player on the board should be considered fair game.

You have every right as a GM to pick one player in question and wait for the other to fall below their draft grade. After all, no one will want that player, right? Not a bad move by Helsinki in any regard, especially given that there's a decent track record of success for this sort of thing. Up until this point, it's really nobody's fault. Again, I don't love it, but everything is allowed and to each their own.

The thing is, you also have every right to grab that other player and make the GM pay up. This was a smart, fair move by @Dil (can't believe I'd use that in a sentence) and what I hope ends up being a more common response to other "we'll only play together" situations when they come up in the future. Especially since, in the end, the players in question got what they wanted! 

31 minutes ago, Gustav said:

It's not a move I'll ever support or understand, I think it's borderline unfair draft manipulation

What if a GM is encouraging a user to tank their draft stock? Asking for a friend.