How do you be Elite?

Boomcheck

This is one question I have always had. Sometimes it feels completely random, as in that a certain player is somehow blessed with insane abilities to perform well in the sim. Many attribute to high TPE, but I remember back in the day Jason had a defenseman named Lars Intranquilo [Did I get that right?] who had over a thousand TPE but couldn't produce like a player that has a thousand TPE should. Is it player build? I'm sure that many people have followed builds of other great players but still fall short of expectations. I am a firm believer in opportunity and situations when it comes to the VHL and how a player can be successful. Your teammates play a vital role in your ability and performance, many can compliment while others can be a detriment to your stats. When you put two super-studs together you expect them to be amazing right? At times they put out career-lows or finish much lower than previous totals. Generally there will be on elite player and some very good players around them for team success. How do you become the 'elite' player?High ice-time and a cohesive group of teammates can only do so much.

Being Elite. Is it just by chance?

A lot of it is luck. Trophies go a long way, but really the only thing you can do is get a lot of TPE and build smart. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.