Position: D

Height: 80 in.

Weight: 222 lbs.

Birthplace: Poland

Player Page

@VHLM GM

A few other things:

Origin of the name -
Eurydyka is the Polish equivalent of Eurydice, as in "Orpheus and Eurydice" - Eurydice dies and Orpheus tries to bring her back from the dead. Appropriate since the consensus seems to be that I was "dead" (ia) - I have actually been around the site, but I digress.

Skłodowska is a reference to one of the most famous Polish people in history - Maria Salomea Skłodowska, or after marriage, last name change to her husband Pierre, and modern Anglicizing, Marie Curie. 

Dudzińska is in a roundabout way, a reference to my wife. While she has a Polish last name herself, I'm not about to dox her like that, even though those of you who have me on FB already know. Instead, her grandmother's maiden name was Dudzinski. Polish naming customs are such that "ski" names are the males, and the same last name for a woman ends in "ska" instead - personally I think that sort of thing is sexist bullshit, but if the player was born in Poland to a family who has remained in Poland the whole time, storyline-wise she'd have kept the custom. 

Team-wise - 

I won't be joining San Diego, Ottawa, or Vegas. San Diego and Ottawa don't need the help, and Vegas I won't be enough. 

Any other team, I won't be piling on with a bunch of other recreates, I don't want to ruin the user experience for newer guys. I'm happy to play down the lines a bit, behind people who are experiencing this place for the first time, rather than the 7th or 8th time. 

I also won't be saying some ridiculous phrase, I will simply quote your offer and say accept. I don't expect you to modify the copy-paste thing for me though.

6 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

A few other things:

Origin of the name -
Eurydyka is the Polish equivalent of Eurydice, as in "Orpheus and Eurydice" - Eurydice dies and Orpheus tries to bring her back from the dead. Appropriate since the consensus seems to be that I was "dead" (ia) - I have actually been around the site, but I digress.

Skłodowska is a reference to one of the most famous Polish people in history - Maria Salomea Skłodowska, or after marriage, last name change to her husband Pierre, and modern Anglicizing, Marie Curie. 

Dudzińska is in a roundabout way, a reference to my wife. While she has a Polish last name herself, I'm not about to dox her like that, even though those of you who have me on FB already know. Instead, her grandmother's maiden name was Dudzinski. Polish naming customs are such that "ski" names are the males, and the same last name for a woman ends in "ska" instead - personally I think that sort of thing is sexist bullshit, but if the player was born in Poland to a family who has remained in Poland the whole time, storyline-wise she'd have kept the custom. 

Team-wise - 

I won't be joining San Diego, Ottawa, or Vegas. San Diego and Ottawa don't need the help, and Vegas I won't be enough. 

Any other team, I won't be piling on with a bunch of other recreates, I don't want to ruin the user experience for newer guys. I'm happy to play down the lines a bit, behind people who are experiencing this place for the first time, rather than the 7th or 8th time. 

I also won't be saying some ridiculous phrase, I will simply quote your offer and say accept. I don't expect you to modify the copy-paste thing for me though.

Cool story, I’ll be referring to your player as Greg because there is no way I can pronounce that

1 minute ago, Dil said:

Cool story, I’ll be referring to your player as Greg because there is no way I can pronounce that

Yeah it's not the easiest name, but that's also kind of the point, if it's an authentic Polish name it's not going to be. I figure most people will probably use ESD or something like that, I just want to give the draft announcers a little bit of fun too

1 minute ago, jacobcarson877 said:

glad to see you back in some capacity! best of luck with this player!

Clicker central, but I figure I can lend an experienced voice to someone's LR, so that has to be worth something! 

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

Team-wise - 

Perfect Miami only has one defenseman so you would fit in with a pairing there. If we get any other waiver players I am more than happy to move you down assuming they are defensemen. Also I believe you do this through the waiver system now, but I imagine if you quote someone here you can get an invite to a team that way.

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Team-wise - 

Well Philly has a couple potential Dmen going IA but yeah glad to see this level of effort and thought into the name, I do a similar thing so glad I'm not crazy haha. Good luck wherever you end up!

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

12:01, so after the deadline

I did warn you it was a manual process and wasn’t likely to be done immediately haha. Strictly speaking it’s also midnight PST that matters but I’m not gonna be an ass about it.

I do hope you didn’t apply your TPE, makes changing o you over a lot easier

40 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I did warn you it was a manual process and wasn’t likely to be done immediately haha. Strictly speaking it’s also midnight PST that matters but I’m not gonna be an ass about it.

I do hope you didn’t apply your TPE, makes changing o you over a lot easier

No i specifically didnt apply anything bc i figured that would make it a mess

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

No i specifically didnt apply anything bc i figured that would make it a mess

Not a mess per say but you’d need to re-apply everything anyway haha.

I’ll likely get you sorted once I get to work unless someone else handles it first.

• Beketov changed the title to (S88) D - Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska, TPE: 62