Official Parenting Thread

Can any of you fathers confirm that the nut which actually leads to the conception of a child feels far superior to a normal (I. E. non-reproductive) orgasm?

I'm currently researching this phenomena for publication in a scientific journal.

I knew I never wanted kids, but reading this thread makes me want to become a monk.

This x 1000. I've been staying out of it for the sake of those for whom this lifestyle is the choice, but I personally want nothing to do with a kid.

This x 1000. I've been staying out of it for the sake of those for whom this lifestyle is the choice, but I personally want nothing to do with a kid.

It's not for everyone, but for me it's completely awesome.  I spent 2 hours yesterday evening building a slot car track and racing it with both of my kids while they laughed and competed with one another.

Then we had supper together and had ice cream afterwards.  My daughter sang Taylor Swift songs at the top of her lungs and we laughed a LOT.

Following that I read them another chapter of Harry Potter and my wife and I put them both to bed and had some time to chat about their days,

This mundane stuff might seem boring to many people, and it would have to me at one point as well, but now it's the best part of every day for me.

This mundane stuff might seem boring to many people, and it would have to me at one point as well, but now it's the best part of every day for me.

This is exactly why I want kids. Most parents I know feel exactly this way, and it sounds amazing.

I was expecting this to get de-railed hard but it has turned out to be a pretty decent thread xD

I'm excited now actually hoping its a girl.

I spend lot's of time with my boy and I have a blast hanging out with him, It really is the little things that make parenting good. Seeing when they succeed being there when they fail...I really wouldn't trade any of it. 

It's affecting my work/sleep/personal life. The health and safety of this thing right now is consuming me.....It has made me have to grow up real fast and that is another thing that scares the Jesus out of me....will I be ready in 9 month's when it comes into this world? will I really be the person the child needs me to be?

Where do you live? You should look into pre natal classes and parenting classes in your area to be honest