Official Parenting Thread

I know there are a few of us Parent's here in the VHL. I figured a thread where we all could come and just chat about it and the struggles

so as many of you know I proposed to my fiancee a while back and she said yes, we started wedding planning when today we found out she is pregnant. Now we were planning to have another kid but not at this stage, we wanted to wait a few more years. so right now I'm up and freaking out :/

I'm not a parent, and probably don't have the best advice regarding that area. However, congrats on the news even if it came well in advance of what you hoped. #Alltheboysaregrowingup

As it turns out, my pregnancy scare is still ongoing.  But she peed on Tuesday and it said no, and she peed again tonight and it said no again, so these are good things.  Still, the "period" she had last month seems  a frightening amount like implantation bleeding, and I would just feel a lot better if she returned to a regular cycle.

5 weeks until my son will be born. So this thread is right on time. Did you already have a kid Kachur? And how old by now?

We will just be keeping it at one after the horrible pregnancy my wife had

Is she okay?  What's the deal?

Is she okay?  What's the deal?

Since the start of the pregnancy she has been noxious and throwing up basically all of her meals. And this is an ongoing proces which she can´t seem to get a break from. All she can do is basically try to rest because the moment she starts to do something the little one is making a fuzz inside there.  Usually this noxiousness ends around 12 to 16 weeks, but we´re now 35 weeks in and it´s still there. She´s really counting down the days before he will be there.

We have had several doctor appointments and spent time at the hospital for checkups, but they never found a reason to keep her there, so she is okay, but she just feels really bad and it won´t go away.

I'm gonna get pregnant again end of next March.

Congrats in advance :) Hope your pregnancy will be way better as the one we're experiencing right now.

My bby gurrl is six months now.. You probably have a lot more advice than any of us, having a 4 year old son. But yeah, congrats again, this should be a pretty entertaining thread to say the least lol.

Seriously though.  After being a parent for almost 10 years now. Spend time.  I figure I've only got another couple years left before my daughter no longer thinks I'm awesome and switches over to 'I hate you' mode.  We eat supper together every night, and I spend a lot of time with my kids in the evenings and weekends.  I am on the ice for speedskating with them, take them hiking, and attend as many of their events as possible with work.  Before I know it they will be moved out and have lives of their own.  This is the only real time I will have to instill values in them.

Since the start of the pregnancy she has been noxious and throwing up basically all of her meals. And this is an ongoing proces which she can´t seem to get a break from. All she can do is basically try to rest because the moment she starts to do something the little one is making a fuzz inside there.  Usually this noxiousness ends around 12 to 16 weeks, but we´re now 35 weeks in and it´s still there. She´s really counting down the days before he will be there.

We have had several doctor appointments and spent time at the hospital for checkups, but they never found a reason to keep her there, so she is okay, but she just feels really bad and it won´t go away.

Well good luck with that.  Hopefully things get better sooner than later!

This is the only real time I will have to instill values in them.

Shouldn't be too hard, just download it to their hard drives?

I personally think I do a good job being a father to (my step son) wont say his name...I try my best. I've never raised a kid before so I just go by what I feel is right then with the news of the new baby my actual flesh and blood I'm worrying allot more and It's causing me to not sleep......any tips on how to stop worrying if she will miscarry? 

You worry all the time, I know I do, I'm really scared that something will go wrong. Especially after the horrible pregnancy my wife has had so far, we wouldn't take another child even if something happened to this one. She just doesn't want to go through it again, and we would feel like we would replace him if something bad happened.

It's just a hard period to get through, and you will keep worrying, it's your kid afterall. Even if you haven't seen him or her yet, you already love it and that's a weird feeling.

So just try to get used to the worrying, there's not much you can do about it.

It's affecting my work/sleep/personal life. The health and safety of this thing right now is consuming me.....It has made me have to grow up real fast and that is another thing that scares the Jesus out of me....will I be ready in 9 month's when it comes into this world? will I really be the person the child needs me to be?

While I obviously don't have any kids of my own, I work in a restaurant. Many of the waitresses think that pulling out is a valid form of birth control, so I've spoken with many of them on the subject.

Apparently the infancy is the easy part. You just have to care for the child. When they get to 2+ years is hard because then they move around, and you have to teach them things. You have to argue all the time and everything takes 100X longer to get done because it's super important not to give in to their demands.

So you've gt a few more years of maturing before the hard part, and that's the part you're experienced with.

While I obviously don't have any kids of my own, I work in a restaurant. Many of the waitresses think that pulling out is a valid form of birth control, so I've spoken with many of them on the subject.

Apparently the infancy is the easy part. You just have to care for the child. When they get to 2+ years is hard because then they move around, and you have to teach them things. You have to argue all the time and everything takes 100X longer to get done because it's super important not to give in to their demands.

So you've gt a few more years of maturing before the hard part, and that's the part you're experienced with.

This post made my processors jiggle.