v.2's VHFL Review

v.2

9pCRmzF.png

Shouts to @jacobcarson877and @STZagain for the easy content idea.

Another off-season, another VHFL draft.  Props to my group this time for being super efficient and making my return to being a VHFL GM smooth as hell.

I was at the 6 turn again this season, a position I don't mind as the double picks are time efficient to make.  I made most of my selections this season on member consistency, and teams that I think will excel. Here's this seasons team:

1. F - Nico Pearce @Spartan  

Pearce is poised to lead the Menace and the league this season on Moscow's very dangerous looking top line.  Initially I had hoped to grab Ronan Lavelle @Arcehere, but he was taken just before my pick.  I think the Nico/Ronan connection will go off this season and I am comfortable having secured a top line Moscow player higher than 1100 TPA with my first selection.

2. D - Bo Johansson @Shindigs

Had to grab a Dman here pretty quickly before waiting 12 more selections and losing my guy.  Who better to select than someone with 4 different awards while only entering their 5th season?  Shindigs has built an incredible player here with BoJo and is poised to rack up more awards this season. He is the clear cut successor of the Markinson/Sova era.  Could this be the season he shatters the 100 assist mark? 

3. F - Tomas Sogaard @Brandon

Sticking with Moscows first line here.  Sogaard was still on the board an again I am confident in Moscow's first line this season.  Lavelle/Pearce/Sogaard just seems like an insane trio and no doubt all 3 will compliment each other as they have fairly similar "meta" forward built, making the Menace one of the top teams in the VHL yet again.

4. F - The Board Game Clue On Skates @MubbleFubbles

At this point I've realized all of my selections have been from either Chicago or Moscow lol.  Not mad about it however as I believe this are all franchise players on top contending teams.  Mubbles has shown time and time again that he is a smart, top tier member.  Nearing 1400 TPA, this could be a steal at this selection.  While Clue On Skate's stats have unfortunately been fairly mid up until this point, I am hoping for a breakout season - he is definitely due and the build looks great.

5. D - Tavish DeGroot @rory

Managed to clean up some trash at the 5 spot and snag DeGroot as my 2nd D. After a weird off-season for FA's, DeGroot finally landed on the emerging Riga Reign.  A young team with lots of promise, DeGroots role here could solidify them as one of the top D in the VHL.  Someone on the blue line is going to have to rack up some STHS pity stats, and who better to do it in Riga than Tavish DeGroot.

6. G - Bubbles Utonium @fishy

The D.C. Dragons are looking mid again this season, 2 seasons removed from their glorious championship win.  Utonium is nearing the 1000 TPA mark, pushing them into top goalie territory on paper.  This former champ will no doubt rack up some nice fantasy stats, and likely see a high volume of shots whenever the Dragons ice their 2nd line.

546 words

Edited by v.2

Now that's a pretty stacked looking team. Not sure if he was up or not in your group, but Murdock in net is looking to be a great sleeper pick for goalie despite technically being a rookie in most groups.