Around the League

Scurvy

Were almost to another season and a lot has happened.  Drafts, trades, and new TPE opportunities are here and done so I’m getting excited to get the season going and see Warsaw raise another Cup (hopefully).  Anyway, lets chat about what’s going on Around the League in 500 or so words.

CAN CALGARY REPEAT?

image.png.869f07a9d23133db6a11951ba84a7ade.png

Since I am bored awaiting for the season to begin I was perusing through the team’s rosters and took a good look at defending champs, Calgary Wranglers.  Led by an amazing dynamic trio up front, Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser, Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg, and Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877 they still look extremely tough on offense.  These three TPE beasts are complimented well by forwards like Sax Justice @Eso and Larry Abass Jr. @RileyL

On defense (for now) Calgary is running with just 3 defenders.  Now, I am not smart in the ways of the SIM engine but Warsaw won a cup with just 3 defenders and it was believe that might be an advantage but who knows.  Anyway, there top two are S85 3rd overall selection in Phil Strasmore @PhilPhil.   Phill is a solid defender and likes to throw his grit around.  Next is AirRIg GoodBrandSun @Rhynex Entertainmentwho was the S83 Jake Wylde winner and serious offensive threat.  He is streaky with consistency but does everything the club needs to win games.  There final defender is Lloyd Braun.  Bruan @Toast was the 12th oveall selection in S85.  He is a solid stay at home Dman from America and his VHLM and E stats remind me of a young Brian Payne or Jake Thunder who focuses on D first and offense next.  He could compliment Calgary’s other Defensemen very well.  

In net they are in great shape with former Toronto net-minder Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday.  OL had 39 wins last year, 2.51 GAA and 4 shutouts.  

Verdict:  Getting to the finals is not easy, even for elite teams.  But yeah, I think this club could see themselves in the finals again.

DRAFT:

I think one of the most exciting times each year is watching the draft on Twitch.  I don’t know why but even though I really only knew one player in the S88 draft I was excited to see who went where and who fell in the draft.  

I remember my draft as I sat there eating dinner with family and only focused on watching Brian Payne fall, and fall, and fall to #26.  This year I watched my buddy Rip Wheeler @ScottyP get drafted #14 overall by Riga.  I think Riga got a steal and will be happy with him (if he can ever figure out discord).   Not surprising, Mark Calway went #1 overall @Beketov to DC.  He liti t up in the VHLM with 75 points in 72 games. 

After going 26th oveall I always look to the #26th pick to see what gold mine might be found.  This year it was a fellow Defensman, Dalton Canders III.  Like Payne, he seems to be a defensive minded player and had 213 hits for Miami.  Still under 200 TPE so will be playing in minors again but I hope to see Canders in the show someday crushing TPE and other team’s offensive players.  Good Luck @DC21

image.png.5ee9b21d9bf7091d234d006236ed50b6.png