Shooting in Ottawa

Beketov

• Commissioner

Reports aren't completely clear right now but a soldier was shot at the war memorial in Ottawa and then at least one shooter went into the parliament building. 1 confirmed dead in parliament but shots were fired after that point so at least 2 shooters are likely (although unconfirmed) involved with semi-automatic rifles.

I don't remember if we have any members based out of Ottawa but if we do hopefully you are all staying safe. I know Moncton went through a similar situation a few months ago and it was rough on the nerves so I'm hoping everyone is staying safe.

Parliament Hill isn't safe at all, sterling and myself almost walked into the building when it was closed. One RCMP officer just happened to be near the door and asked us what we were doing.

Sad news though!

• Commissioner

Parliament Hill isn't safe at all, sterling and myself almost walked into the building when it was closed. One RCMP officer just happened to be near the door and asked us what we were doing.

Sad news though!

Definitely need more security if a man can just walk in with a rifle. That is not proper procedure.

Reports now are saying possible shots fired in the Rideau Centre which, for those unfamiliar, is a mall. Majorly concerning if this is in fact what's happening.

Edit: Ottawa Police have apparently confirmed shots at the Rideau Centre.

Edited by Beketov

May you sir, live on through the people you helped protect. A young father, a brother, a dog's best friend and most of all a soldier of the people we see every day has left far too soon. Cpl. Nathan Cirillo has passed this morning.

1620486_10152543884612798_64252798731995

Edited by Kendrick

The office I work at was locked-down all day (including an hour after I finished).  Probably the least productive day for almost everyone in Gov't all year, and that says a LOT!

Edited by edgar