S88 Trade Deadline & Theme Week

Beketov

• Commissioner

Hello @Members!

You all can see the calendar so you know what that says right? It's theme week!

Of course, that also means that the Trade Deadline is Monday, May 1st at 3pm EST. This also means that anyone wishing to re-create for the S90 draft can do so starting at midnight that same day.

---

Most of you aren’t here for that though. You just want that sweet sweet theme week TPE. Don't worry, I know what I'm here to really announce. So, for this season, we've decided on a theme of:

Spoiler

Retro

What does this really mean? It means going old school! Old logos, Reverse Retro jersey night, Retro teams vs. Modern teams; whatever you'd like. As long as it can vaguely be called retro we're good with it.

To earn your Theme Week TPE, write an article, create a graphic, or record a podcast with some connection to “retro”. 

---

In order to claim the theme week bonus of 6 Uncapped TPE, simply submit your Themed PT (Graphic, Media Spot, or 6-TPE Podcast), and claim it as normal. After claiming the PT portion, you can use the same link, and claim the uncapped portion as follows: Claim Uncapped > Other > Doubles Week. (Note: you do not need to post your link in this thread to claim either portion of TPE). 

Make sure to tag your articles with “theme week” so we can collect all the great work in one easy-to-find spot.
If you have already submitted a Point Task for this week, or are in the midst of claiming a multi-week Media Spot/Podcast, you may still submit a Theme Week PT this week, and claim the capped portion on the next available week, following your multi-week claim.

Also, if you have a single job that pays 6+, you may claim the theme week bonus as long as you complete your duties for the week. If you are in the EFL or SBA and have completed their most recent Media Week, you may use that to claim the Uncapped theme week bonus, but a PT must be completed this week in order to claim the Capped portion, whether that is completed here or through Affiliate Welfare.

Note: Only players who are S89 or older may claim the theme week bonus.

@VHL GM

@VHLE GM

@VHLM GM

3 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Sure thing. What team was he on and what render did you use? I'll make you a retro thing

LA Stars and Nuge 👺

• Commissioner
13 minutes ago, twists said:

I'll write a media spot about how bek used to be cool but now isnt

I don’t remember ever being cool so that seems fascinating.

I upres'd some old VHL championship team logos and got gaming ringleader to upload them here if anyone needs em.  Too bad old logos weren't archived better!

https://vhlforum.com/topic/115255-vhlm-vhl-vhle-logo-full-list/

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Triller said:

I upres'd some old VHL championship team logos and got gaming ringleader to upload them here if anyone needs em.  Too bad old logos weren't archived better!

https://vhlforum.com/topic/115255-vhlm-vhl-vhle-logo-full-list/

The OG logos are a copyright nightmare so we weren't too concerned about preserving them haha

Just now, Beketov said:

The OG logos are a copyright nightmare so we weren't too concerned about preserving them haha

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes by upresing what I find in the HOF.

• Commissioner
Just now, Triller said:

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes by upresing what I find in the HOF.

It's fine, we can't use them anymore (well we choose not to because of the aforementioned copyright reasons) but just having them around won't hurt anything.

Can we make up a retro design? 🤔 Prague hasn't been around that long, but also have no prior locations. So I was thinking maybe going with the reverse retro idea, but a seemingly older logo design.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Tetricide said:

Can we make up a retro design? 🤔 Prague hasn't been around that long, but also have no prior locations. So I was thinking maybe going with the reverse retro idea, but a seemingly older logo design.

Yeah, that’s totally fine.

22 hours ago, Beketov said:

It's fine, we can't use them anymore (well we choose not to because of the aforementioned copyright reasons) but just having them around won't hurt anything.

If you ever want some removed. Just let me know and Il take them off

• Enorama unpinned this topic