a tale of two Brothers // The 7 year glitch

Daniel Janser

Bild

Graphic courtesy of Leandrofg

(Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

The regular season is approaching fast. Calgary and London have played 55 games each. Both franchises sit on a playoff space at the moment with third and second seed respectively.

Our correspondent Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux (JLL) got in touch with Daniel (DJ) for an interview.

JLL: 'Hi Daniel, thanks for taking the time to meet me.'

DJ: 'Hi Jean-Luc. Of course any time.'

JLL: 'Daniel, you just secured your seventh consecutive season with at least a point per game. Congratulations to that milestone. Any thoughts you wish to share?'

DJ: 'Why thanks. I always admired players who could consistently contribute to the score sheet and their team's success. Never in my wildest dreams would I have considered to be one of them on the highest level of our sport. I would be amiss not to extend my thanks for the tutelage veteran players in my rookie year gave me. Chief amongst them Saku, Johnson, Perry, Gus, Tommy and Joker. I learned a lot from these lads and I would not be the player I am now, if it wasn't for their constant support and encouragement.'

JLL: 'What do you think does make Calgary such a success story?'

DJ: 'I think that the upper echelon, especially Kris, do a magnificent job on the draft board. They are not afraid to draft unknown, yet promising young players. These diamonds in the rough are then guided during their minor league seasons by the coaching staff. The management is also listening to us players if we see a talent somewhere which went unnoticed or did not get an opportunity to prove themselves. That does not automatically mean that these players are then draft or acquired, but they are considered. I also appreciate that players are drafted with their character in mind and whether they will be a good fit for our locker room.'

JLL: 'So there is no animosity between the players?'

DJ: 'I can confidently say, that there is nothing like that in our roster. Landon for example is the leading scorer in the squad for most if not all of the season. And I really hope he can break the 100 points in his third attempt. I do not mind that I am not the top dog on the score sheet, I am happy for Wolly. And Leandro is center in the second line, even though he is more than good enough to lead the more prestigious first line. Alas, Landon and I click better than Gonzo and Wolly for reasons unbeknownst to us.'

JLL: 'We heard that Gonçalves' younger sister Cátia entered professional hockey. Is she on the 'shopping list' for the Wranglers?'

DJ: 'I am not involved in the evaluation process for potential future players. In my opinion it is still early in her career. To me she seems to be as talented as Leandro and far better looking. The downside is, she joined Houston which is of course a much inferior franchise than the Mississauga Hounds where Gonzo and I started our careers (laughs).'

JLL: 'Okay, I think our time is up. Thanks for the insight and take care.'

DJ: 'Thanks for having me and you take care as well.'

The Jansers' score sheet looks as follows:

Marcel: 57gp, 2g, 17a, 19pts, +6, 56 PIM, 70 hits, 90sb, 1gwg, 1 First Star award

Daniel: 55gp, 29g, 43a, 72pts, +21, 48 PIM, 106 hits, 38sb, 4gwg, 7ppg, 57.38FO%, 6 First Star awards

We will revert with more news on the Brothers' career in due course.

https://vhlforum.com/topic/135154-a-tale-of-two-brothers-how-the-turn-tables/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/135228-a-tale-of-two-brothers-i-am-a-wanderer/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/135358-a-tale-of-two-brothers-the-hurt-does-go-on/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/135399-a-tale-of-two-brothers-some-select-games/

Edited by Daniel Janser